Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
FSXH2oNUUAAwiGm

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Y’all hear this cac saying Kendrick copied his video

fukk him. Not even worth a discussion.

MJ was doing the morphing “deep fake” back in 91 for Black & White, since then many other artists have utilized the technology including Lil Wayne.

Its just a white boy crying as they’ve always done and forever will do

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
See, this is my main complaint.

A better writer, could condense this and and make it more impactful. he's just too wordy and taking his diary entries and poetry essays and putting them over music.

Its just a chore.

And theres no punchlines. Its just revelations and generic affirmations filling space.

He can perform it well, but its always been tough to digest him knowing he rarely has been able to do what his peers did by actually using the skill of inference and reference and other leitmotifs to get his point across.

This is spoken word. This is not rap music, per se. At least to me.

If he wrote for a magazine, he would be referred to an editor to tighten this up.

@xCivicx @FruitOfTheVale @Cadillac @IVS @SirBiatch @UserNameless @ReturnOfJudah @charmander @SwagBoy @Ravishing Brick Rude @TruDatz @Illuminatos
This isn’t a valid complaint. I have my criticisms of Kendrick but this just comes off as straight up dislike or hate.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
fukk him. Not even worth a discussion.

MJ was doing the morphing “deep fake” back in 91 for Black & White, since then many other artists have utilized the technology including Lil Wayne.

Its just a white boy crying as they’ve always done and forever will do
I agree. Clout chasing Kendrick is an interesting career choice as a frail cac

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
See, this is my main complaint.

A better writer, could condense this and and make it more impactful. he's just too wordy and taking his diary entries and poetry essays and putting them over music.

Its just a chore.

And theres no punchlines. Its just revelations and generic affirmations filling space.

He can perform it well, but its always been tough to digest him knowing he rarely has been able to do what his peers did by actually using the skill of inference and reference and other leitmotifs to get his point across.

This is spoken word. This is not rap music, per se. At least to me.

If he wrote for a magazine, he would be referred to an editor to tighten this up.

@xCivicx @FruitOfTheVale @Cadillac @IVS @SirBiatch @UserNameless @ReturnOfJudah @charmander @SwagBoy @Ravishing Brick Rude @TruDatz @Illuminatos

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gave another watch/listen and this is Kendrick doing his best Joyner Lucas impersonation, and not in a good way.

shyt comes off as kinda corny and try hard.

Regardless if he has the blessing from nips fam that last verse don’t sit right with me. Making up words for a dead man ain’t it :smh:

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Not even gonna entertain them comparisons but imma put it like this. I don’t give damn near 2 shyts about these crackas reviews. In real time. That shyt was NOT loved like that on the streets and I’m speaking on straight up Kendrick stans callin it some mid. And the crazy part is it literally dropped on the day my son was born. 03/15/15. I was in the hospital listening to that album while my son and wife slept I should have a deeper connection with that album with how excited I was to listen to it. shyt is the highest rated hip hop album of all time. I’m sorry ain’t no amount of thesis gonna make me get wit that rating. Lol. Homie also won a Pulitzer Prize for DAMN. Another album that ain’t deserve all that. Lol. U my guy so imma always respect ur opinion tho. Lol. But TPAB, is no Illmatic(especially not), or Reasonable Doubt. One of those albums hit the streets like a storm to the point it got bootlegged crazy and made his peers wanna change the way they rapped. The other album was blazin the streets in 96. There’s more to say but u get my drift. Lol. Mark my words tho. GKMC is that album for Kendrick. And if he revisited the likes of that one? U would see a far bigger reaction. And it ain’t about what I like the most either because my fav Kendrick album is Section 80 but I can see objectively what GKMC meant to the generation.

probably because it makes white people feel like they're having the nikka experience and because he also points out all the flaws that blacks people have

plus its artsy and experimental as fukk and makes people feel fake deep

GKMC was the one for me, nothing touches it, point blank period

I even liked Overly Dedicated more than all of his other albums after GKMC

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Really great track. But just like with a lot of his catalog, I have no desire to listen to it again. Like I know Kendrick is a supreme artist, he just lacks replay value more often than not, imo.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP