Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I’d be inclined to agree but they made two superstars out of Kendrick and SZA, a star out of schoolboy Q, got Jay Rock a Grammy, and Ab-Soul can do whatever the hell he wants to do. shyt Isaiah Rashad was able to weather what would have been just 10-15 years ago a career ending scandal.

There’s not too many labels that can boast the level of TDE’s successes. We all love Dreamville but Ari Lennox will never reach SZA’s level and Bas and Cozz will never reach the heights Q and Rashad attained. They’re best bet for a star artist is JID and we’ll see how his upcoming Metro Boomin produced album does.

OVO? Forget about it

What other rap collective is doing or has done better than TDE in the last 15 years? Good Music maybe and thats it.

From a success and accolade perspective TDE is undeniable.

I'm looking it from the perspective of them holding music hostage. As a fan i feel We've been shorted at least 2 Jay Rock albums, I remember Punch stole SZA hard drive to keep her from releasing music, TDE collective project or at least a Black Hippy mixtape could and SHOULD have come out. It was a point in time all 4 of them were going crazy on tracks, Ab Soul could have put out a proper debut album too.

I think Q was an unlikely star. His music started catching on and then he started fukking with Rocky. Their collabs were buzzing and that helped propel him forward. His success made them push back Jay Rock and Soul I feel.

All of their artists are not of the level where they can afford to take 3 to 5 year breaks in between projects like Kendrick.

since you brought the other two up -

Nobody gives two fukks about OVO as a label. I know I don't :mjlol: . shyt Drake doesn't either :russ:

Dreamville is self contained, they won't make any real noise. Idk how old they are individually but if they came around 10 years ago they'd have been more popular :manny: