Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Every time I hear Not Like Us, I think about Paramedic
Same Bay bounce on both. You can hear him going thru a rolodex of west coast sounds on that record and it really makes that last verse hit even harder. Kendrick has a home base to his sound that he can go back to, or play around with other sounds that aren't Compton/LA because it's all the west coast. Drake doesn't have that, which is why each project revolves around whichever black American, black European (UK), or Caribbean sound he's jacking. BTW there's nothing wrong with experimenting with different sounds or trying shyt that isn't from your country/background. The sharing and exploration of different cultures is important. But when you are jacking everything from the slang to the fashion while essentially mocking the people you got the swag from? That's appropriation. Go ask the UK/grime dudes what they think about Drake now. They realize they got taken advantage of and don't fukk with him. Will Houston and Atlanta get to that point? I doubt it. But the mask has been ripped off and this shyt is gonna be in the back of people's minds the next time Drake does a funny video where he's satirizing black culture.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps

It be your own people
full