Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I feel like he's gonna try to lean into the "fake pro-black" " fake activist" angle that he was alluding to on Family Matters (which is funny coming from someone like Drake).

He can go that route

But Kendrick actually gives back to Compton..

Drake calling everyone in LA for anything and all he get is dead air

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And if your only reason for listening to Drake is because "women liked his music" you're a clown too :mjlol: and I remember seeing that said and/or allued to around here by some posters lol.

Also... Drake is starting to age out if u haven't noticed, shidd I think "starting" is generous. He's still popular with people under 23 but he ain't their guy at all...

A couple posters on here are trying to be Peter Pan through Drake.

Them dudes won't accept that they've long since aged out of that "hot with the
youngsters" bracket.

Drake is obviously still big but the new "Drakes" are what you'll hear outta the Nissans & Honda Civics
of college freshman not whatever these 30+ year old dudes are playing while still trying still do the "Cool guy" thing.

:edit:
And Kendrick doesn't play that pretend studio gangster shyt because he has many friends and family still
in the City.

For Drake it's cosplay.
For Kendrick it's a reality and I doubt he wants to piss off anyone from any given set and potential
put his folks in danger especially when those people were actively engaged in shyt even when
albums like TPAB were coming out.

His life is realer than any of these sheltered as motherfukkers on the Coli can understand.
That's why I don't buy that "oh he for the white folks" bullshyt from a bunch of oreos and CACs in Blackface.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a weird dude but if I can get on some armchair psychoanalysis shyt for a second a lot of it goes back to insecurity. Even though he's the biggest male pop star in the world it's not enough for him. He's been taking jokes for years that he's this soft emo dude who makes soft emo music and I think that shyt probably gets him heated. He does not really want to be seen that way (although he also still kinda leans into that image on some troll ish with the painted nails and sassy behavior). But he doesn't really want that to be his image and has been trying to change it for years - he wants to be seen as this hard certified rapper who hands out L's to other rappers and fukks their girls.

It's probably also an ego thing. He's been on top for so long that he probably thinks he's untouchable. Money and fame can do crazy things to a person.

It's crazy how insecure dude is. When you think about his career - the pattern of lying and being caught keeps emerging, but he keeps doing it like it's the right strategy, and it pretty much explains why Kendrick keeps saying he's an "habitual liar". like just think about Drake's career for a second brehs:

- "and I could use a writer just to balance out my flows, but I never share my thoughts, this is all a nikka knows" - when you know that your pen is compromised and you getting verses from elsewhere is insane

- Lying that his father was absent for career stimulus (based on a negative stereotype no less)

- Going out of his way to shyt on Ross for Ozempic when he knows his shelves are stacked with the shyt. Wtf

- Spitting "a Cease & Desist is for hoes" then Metro gets on twitter and posts letters from his people's trying to get Like That off the radios

:dahell:

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I’ve been fukking women for over 15 years now and have numerous female associates.

Aside from Poetic Justice, women are not listening to Kendrick like they listen to Drake.
My experience as well. I'm sure some do but Drake and J.Cole way more popular with women than Kendrick.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I feel like he's gonna try to lean into the "fake pro-black" " fake activist" angle that he was alluding to on Family Matters (which is funny coming from someone like Drake).

Fake activist shyt doesn't even work. Dude about to drop a vid of himself surrounded by bloods, pirus, and some crips. Some Canadian lame trying to talk about fake activists not gonna cut it. You don't even have to dig hard to find pics of Kendrick banging piru when he was young. I'm just saying.
:hubie:

Them people never thought Kendrick was an activist lmao.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Honestly, even tho i grew up on the west coast music and literally watched Kendrick come up (w/ Jay Rock) back in 06-07, i honestly
think the Drake diss was better at first listen.

Most of what Kendrick says has been said already either by Pusha T or someone else, while nobody has really come for K. Dot so its more "revealing".
If the only thing you’re judging disses on is unsubstantiated speculation, this might not be your sport. I actually dock points from both of them for having no receipts