Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers (Discussion Thread)

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't connect with this record on release but I've returned to it several times and I like it better each time. I don't think it'll ever be my favorite Dot album (tbh I just hate double albums), but it's masterfully written and put together. And a fire GFK feature goes a looooong way in my book lol

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ranked #2 best Kendrick album by SS

I fully agree with this list. My personal favorites list would be different, but quality wise, for a "best" list, it's accurate imo

Soul In Stereo list:

1) TPAB (5/5)
2) Morale (5/5)
3) GKMC (4.5/5)
4) DAMN (4.5/5)
5) s80 (4/5)
6) UU (4/5)

Last edited:

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
So I gave his discog a spin and this is comfortably his 3rd best after the two classics.

Without a doubt DAMN. has the higher highs. Duckworth and DNA are some of Kendrick's best ever songs but this is a more consistent listen to me. Which is ironic given the length

Plus lyrically it feels like him fleshing out and adding a lot more depth to the ideas he explored on DAMN.

Great record 4/5

Last edited:

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
So I gave his discog a spin and this is comfortably his 3rd best after the two classics.

Without a doubt DAMN. has the higher highs. Duckworth and DNA are some of Kendrick's best ever songs but this is a more consistent listen to me. Which is ironic given the length

Plus lyrically it feels like him fleshing out and adding a lot more depth to the ideas he explored on DAMN.

Great record 4/5

whats your favorite song on here?

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Yeah, this is my favorite album of his for sure. The only songs i sometimes skip are Auntie Diaries, We Cry Together and Mother I Sober, but only because those are songs that have such a heavy message behind it. I have the same feeling for Brenda's Got A Baby, something that is great but i can't listen to it every time i play the album.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
Gotta say this is my favorite album of the 2020s so far. Songs like Mirror and Crown resonate with me so much, it's like he in my head when he made them lol. Still work out to Savior and Count Me Out. Still an album I just put on a ride to, with very few skips.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
count me out is one of da best songs of all time
The lyrics and overall vibe of that track is insane.

Worldwide steppers is a very very underrated track. Lyrics are insane...

"Ask Whitney about my lust addiction, Text messaging bytches until my thumbs hurt":mjlol:

Pseudo

All Star
Daps

Great record 4/5
Nah I'm tripping.

Mother I Sober, Father Time are right up there with his best

Mother I Sober hit me hard last night. Legit made me hate Drake for deliberately misenterpating the song to score points on Kendrick