Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers (Discussion Thread)

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I compare this album to the videogame TLOU2. In a sense where people were going to be mad about it regardless. But some people wouldn't be so mad about it if it was dropped at a different time (earlier/both should've been released pre pandemic, 2019 ish).

I believe this album dropped at the wrong time. If Kendrick didn't sat on it for like 2 years. I think that "wasn't worth the wait" shyt wouldn't have been a thing. People went in expecting Kendrick to not only drop his best album. But a certain type (i'm guilty of this to). Because of the long wait and anticipation.

At the end of the day. Kendrick released his most personal album. It was almost like he did this for him to look back and reflect on later in life. And on top of that. If the listener doesn't resonate with it today. They might one day in the future when their situation is different. People's taste changes from teens, 20's, 30,s, 40's etc.

I still bump the album from time to time. Especially Silent Hill & Savior [Side note, with everything going on right now. Kendrick NOT naming Drake at the beginning of Savior hits even harder now culturally].

Oh, He'll give us what we need
It may not be what we want

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
leftover kendrick lamar GKMC...

i think people got scammed because the stems were AI separated. good thing i didn't promo this GB, i had my doubts. people selling because of the beef hype to drive up prices

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With everything going on I thought I’d revisit..

I just, don’t like alot of this album

Every other Kendrick album to me has only like 2..3 skips max (except GKMC, that’s a no skip classic)

But this one? It’s just so inconsistent with too many skips, United In Greif, N95, Die Hard, Count Me Out, Rich Spirit, Silent Hill & Die Hard are all great, but I don’t fukk with the rest

This album is the boring listen that people try to paint TPAB as

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
With everything going on I thought I’d revisit..

I just, don’t like alot of this album

Every other Kendrick album to me has only like 2..3 skips max (except GKMC, that’s a no skip classic)

But this one? It’s just so inconsistent with too many skips, United In Greif, N95, Die Hard, count Me Out, Rich Spirit & Die Hard are all great, but I don’t fukk with the rest

This album is the boring listen that people try to paint TPAB as

Crown, We Cry Together and Auntie Diaries are the only instant skips for me.
Some of the tracks can be mood dependent i get it's not the most play from start to finish album he has done,

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There were numerous subs towards Drake on this.

Breh was war ready before the war.

He been subbing Drake since TPAB. He ALWAYS knew war was inevitable since Drake cried about Control and crashed out on ESPN.

He ALSO knew Drake was scared since he pulled out all the stops to get that ESPN interview pulled, even threatened not to host the ESPY’s.

Kendrick been strategizing for this moment and pulled it off beautifully

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don’t think the culture was in the mood for this when it dropped, but it’s holding way up as far as the test of time

If he would’ve dropped in 2021 right after Covid people would’ve been RAVING about it. Its dark, thematic, contemplation music when in the summer of 2022 people were done being reflective and just wanted to get out and have fun and forget about the depression and darkness of 2020.

The reception of the album was all about timing not quality. From the perspective of pulling off a concept its his third best album behind Good Kid M.A.A.D City and To Pimp A Butterfly.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
scott-hall-spooky-fingers.gif

oooooo so edgy... Lame af :mjlol: