Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
All of these people are not "influencers".
They're working musicians who primarily eat off of their music and if they aren't currently doing it, then that is their goal.

Jazz guys.
Rock guys.
Hip-Hop Guys.
R&B guys.
I've met and seen them all.

They're just as much "Artists" as anyone else.
And when I say they are associated with NAMES, I mean NAMES like people that are
literally posted about on here. lol.
Madlib.
Adrian Younge.
NavyBlue.
And several others.

Not tryna give myself away but TheColi has no idea what it's like for people tryna
do music without a stable income.
All those guys had their time to become artists to then make money off their shyt. And not for nothing your naming like the top artists in the world. Madlib is like the most introvwrted producer in rap and is a prime example of what I am talking about. He lets his music speak for himself.

Most of these new rappers today do not. They wanna blow up quick n fast with empty art. Those people are not madlib or those names you listed.

Theres a reason madlib aint doing interviews and all that shyt. Hes an actual artist. This is my point im trying to make. You just made it for me.

If madlib had to do social media he wouldnt be a musician. If he had to sit down every week and promote projects and take videos and start the “madlib brand”. Giy has like 6 interviews his entire life. Ive only seen him like 10x period.

He purposely avoids all that shyt. He may be tryna push his shyt out for money cause he is now in the game and he is now in a position to. Had stones throw not invested in Him who knows what he be doing rn. His parents were also musicians who made a living its totally different for him than 99% of people tryna make it. Hes been a musician his entire life Thats not the average come up of a rapper.

The artist to fake ratio in the game is wildly disproportionate. I think we both know this. Social media dissuades actual artists. Madlib flourished cause he had label backing and money behind him from people who truly believed in the art he made. Allowing him the time to create instead of promote. Diff ball game than everyone on the comeup.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You know where i draw the line. I dont listen to empty demonic void rap. Kendrick supposed to be an artist with integrity. He takes too many lil cheap shots for cheap heat
You know what, my bad

I barely listen to rap too at this point

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
drake needed future. not the other way around
This is the problem with Drake

He's a wave rider in the vein of 90s Hov but people get confused thinking that the waves he's riding needs him.

And he's done it with every popular movement/artist for the past decade plus

I'm not even a crazy Future fan but to think Future needed Drake at that time is wild...

Future's 2015 run alone...the fukk did he need Drake for?

If anything, Drake needed Future for credibility

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
All good bro

Im not a huge kendrick fan anyway. Ill admit it. So take it with a grain of salt. It just rubs me wrong and imo is just a corny rap line. No big deal
Kendrick is the only rapper I'll listen to if he drops tomorrow, and maybe Future, but I gotta hear it's good first

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

He's a wave rider in the vein of 90s Hov but people get confused thinking that the waves he's riding needs him.

I'm not even a crazy Future fan but to think Future needed Drake at that time is wild...

Drake needs the street rappers so he can continue to rap street shyt. He gives them verses and stimulus packages and in return he can cosplay as a gangster. Lol.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na

If rappers held the line and didn't ride his deck he probably wouldn't have got big as he was

But you can buy dudes

FINALE

💎
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Drake without Future around him in 2015 would not be nearly as popular as he is today. IYRT changed his whole career