Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
434230331_405271088774027_1131576757758801123_n.jpg

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Debatable. Mcs tryna get out the hood sure. Musicians overall. No.
My experience in the indie music scene says otherwise.
Many, many of these dudes/ladies want to make a living off of their music.
And typically by a "living" they mean making as much money as a relatively successful small
business ($200k +) and/or going to the majors.

There's dudes in Hollywood, Leimert Park, the Inland Empire, etc.

In the "Gym" everyday tryna go pro.
In those defjam offices, stonesthrow offices, etc.
Tryna grow their social media following, performing weekly if not nightly.

This shyt is no joke. :pachaha:
It's easy to see how some cats lose their souls out here.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
That michael jackson line is an example why i dont like kendrick. Its a stupid line that really says nothing that his fans think is deep as shyt. Prince died of the same thing Michael did and not long after. Its disrespectful.
Dudes rap about killing and drugs all the time but this where tou draw the line?

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is cap. It simplifies MJ. MJ wrote and produced some of his biggest hits and did for others as well. He also had his hands in everything creatively from his music videos to his choreography. To say he's just this machine based artist is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. I'm tired of nikkas pushing this narrative to big up Prince. Who doesn't need that. The MJ line doesn't make sense. Period. In any capacity. MJ did alot of his songs AT HOME first.

That's because people don't look beyond the surface where MJ is concerned. Because they view him as a Pop artist and the King of Pop and Prince as "the artist", its easy to simplify it.

That said, Kendrick opened himself up with the Prince/MJ bar because it could be countered with some form of "Michael sonned Prince" or "what's a Prince to a king".

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This the dikk ryding I hate from Stans. Her Loss and The Off Season are both objectively better than Morale. Cole has been rapping better than Kendrick since 2018 if we keeping it a buck.

Coles verse on First Person Shooter >>>>Dots verse off Like That:yeshrug:

this type of reply makes you look like a stan too though... her loss and the off season are CLEARLY better than morale, but those are far from drakes or coles lows. i was arguing with kendrick stans about hyping up that trash ass album but id still take it over a CLB, Honestly Nevermind, Thank Me Later, Sideline Story or 4 Your Eyes Only. shyt would be neck and neck with Born Sinner and KOD too :hubie:.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
My experience in the indie music scene says otherwise.
Many, many of these dudes/ladies want to make a living off of their music.
And typically by a "living" they mean making as much money as a relatively successful small
business ($200k +) and/or going to the majors.

There's dudes in Hollywood, Leimert Park, the Inland Empire, etc.

In the "Gym" everyday tryna go pro.
In those defjam offices, stonesthrow offices, etc.
Tryna grow their social media following, performing weekly if not nightly.

This shyt is no joke. :pachaha:
It's easy to see how some cats lose their souls out here.
Well yea. If your trying to blow up wnd in those circles sure. Thats like 1% of the 100% of musicians.

But like i said debatable. Depends who you ask.

I do music as well. All my most talented friends want nothing to do with the game AT ALL. dont send shyt out. Dont promote. Dont even show others their stuff. They wanna make music to themselves in peace. Like actual artists do. They arent on social media.

“DOOM is not on twitter”

The people blowing up are not those people. Those are social media “influencers” or people who want others to look at them and be somebody. They arent artists. Hence why rap sucks today and no innovating going on. They make what anrs and their corporate masters tell them to. Thats not art.

Most true blue musicians are introverts and want nothing to do with social media or what it brings. the ones with “brands”. Thats something else entirely.

For example. Noone listens to nems cause he raps. They watch his social media page and think hes funny. Hes a good rapper imo. But thats not why theyre there

Rap is for corporate profit. Emceeing is soemthing else. What your describing is rap superstardom wnd wanting fame and to be known not artistry

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well yea. If your trying to blow up wnd in those circles sure. Thats like 1% of the 100% of musicians.

I do music as well. All my most talented friends want nothing to do with the game AT ALL. dont send shyt out. Dont promote. Dont even show others their stuff. They wanna make music to themselves in peace. Like actual artists do. They arent on social media.

“DOOM is not on twitter”

The people blowing up are not those people. Those are social media “influencers” or people who want others to look at them and be somebody. They arent artists. Hence why rap sucks today and no innovating going on.

Most true blue musicians are introverts and want nothing to do with social media or what it brings. the ones with “brands”. Thats something else entirely.

For example. Noone listens to nems cause he raps. They watch his social media page and think hes funny. Hes a good rapper imo. But thats not why theyre there

Rap is for corporate profit. Emceeing is soemthing else. What your describing is rap superstardom wnd wanting fame and to be known not artistry

All of these people are not "influencers".
They're working musicians who primarily eat off of their music and if they aren't currently doing it, then that is their goal.

Jazz guys.
Rock guys.
Hip-Hop Guys.
R&B guys.
I've met and seen them all.

They're just as much "Artists" as anyone else.
And when I say they are associated with NAMES, I mean NAMES like people that are
literally posted about on here. lol.
Madlib.
Adrian Younge.
NavyBlue.
And several others.

Not tryna give myself away but TheColi has no idea what it's like for people tryna
do music without a stable income.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
this type of reply makes you look like a stan too though... her loss and the off season are CLEARLY better than morale, but those are far from drakes or coles lows. i was arguing with kendrick stans about hyping up that trash ass album but id still take it over a CLB, Honestly Nevermind, Thank Me Later, Sideline Story or 4 Your Eyes Only. shyt would be neck and neck with Born Sinner and KOD too :hubie:.
Even Kendrick Stan’s don’t think that album is good