Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It's not saying he wasn't. You're simplifying prince as well. It's more just knowing how to play a bunch of instruments, prince created his own sound and kept reinventing it throughout his life

Not only was he good at multiple instruments, he was really good. Thats not a easy or common trait to have breh

To top it off, dude was a genius songwriter as well. He could be sentimental as well as crass. MJ doesn't have an album in his catalog better than 1999. MJ is more of a singles and radio guy. Prince was an album artist.
nikka no I don't wanna hear what u saying if u even REMOTELY trying to imply Kendrick is a better artist than MJ. It's fukking stupid. I'm not simplifying Prince. Prince one of the GOATS. BUT people like to downplay MJ's artistry just cause Prince plays a bunch of instruments. MJ was more creative than Prince. Facts. Prince was more gifted musically on a technical level. Facts. But where MJ lacked as a musician. He made up for in creativity. And vision. And vice versa. MJ wasn't just some entertainer. And anyone who worked with him would tell u that. That nikka was an ARTIST and perfectionist and wrote and cowrote alot of his hits. As well as produced.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Why he still doing subs like go direct at them dudes necks. Subs is cool for a jab or two but you eventually gotta go for the knockout blow. All the best disses are direct whole song blow after blow like Hit Em Up, Ether and Back to Back. Nobody care about you saying fukk a big 3 say fukk Drake and fukk J Cole it’s just me.
Y’all nikkas slow and don’t understand what subliminal means in terms of spitting

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
Kendrick pulled such a chess move pulling this. Jumped on a record where both the artist and producer don’t fukk with Drake.

He timed this so perfectly that Aubrey legit has no choice but to respond. And he better not hide behind J. Cole either..

The wild thing about all this is what can Drake REALLY say about Kendrick that can get under his skin? He can’t talk about materialistic shyt. He can’t talk about album sales. He can’t rely on social media memes or comments.

What’s he gonna say? “You take to long to drop? You just jealous that Cole and I run the game and you just irrelevant. I took you on tour, I put you on, you should be bowing down to me. Your music is overrated and isn’t talking about nothing.”

That’s probably legit what he gonna say…:pachaha:

I’ve waited so long for this…this Canadian better not bytch up like last time. He better be a man..
Drake does run from rappers when they diss him.. he want all the smoke

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
:what: You completely misrepresenting the bar

Kendrick is to Drake as Prince was to MJ. Implying, that Kendrick is a superior musician to Drake, and Drake only

What that DOESNT mean, is that Kendrick is also a better musician than Michael Jackson :what: Or comparable to Stevie Wonder. Like what you even on right now :heh:

‘Kendrick exec produced for Jay rock’ as your evidence comparing someone to Michael Jackson is nasty work. I see why buddy needed to explain that B Legit bar some of yall a lil slow :pachaha:
Slow nikkas use ad hominems cause they don't have the sense to defend their position

I didn't even say kendrick was a better musician than Michael jackson. I was speaking in terms of rap music. The point was that there are great artists like Michael jackson who make great music and then there are those who go a step above in their respective genres like kendrick, prince, or stevie.

MJ could beat box a a great song, but at the end of the day, someone else had to make it. He could play all types of genres, but he had to call in van Halen to play a guitar solo

Prince could do all that himself. He didn't need a session player, arranger, mixer, master, etc. He could do it all on his own. As well as for others. Prince was a control freak after all. He had so much musical ideas he ended up using other people to fulfill them.

Same way with kendrick and drake. Drake can write and has written for others, but whose career has he really helped? Kendrick sharpened everybody in tde because he had the vision. That's why he's got his own label now. He's already been an a&r for his whole career. TDE wouldn't be half the label without kendrick on the roster. Q's albums would be nothing like we know without him. He's said that himself

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
nikka no I don't wanna hear what u saying if u even REMOTELY trying to imply Kendrick is a better artist than MJ. It's fukking stupid. I'm not simplifying Prince. Prince one of the GOATS. BUT people like to downplay MJ's artistry just cause Prince plays a bunch of instruments. MJ was more creative than Prince. Facts. Prince was more gifted musically on a technical level. Facts. But where MJ lacked as a musician. He made up for in creativity. And vision. And vice versa. MJ wasn't just some entertainer. And anyone who worked with him would tell u that. That nikka was an ARTIST and perfectionist and wrote and cowrote alot of his hits. As well as produced.

Any and everyone with a functioning brain would never seriously liken Kendrick to Michael Joseph Muthafukking GOAT Jackson. Nor Prince either. I highly doubt Kendrick himself actually thinks he’s anywhere on Prince’s level. Its just what rappers do. Nas called himself the rebirth of Langston Hughes. Common compared himself to Hallie Sallasie. Jay called himself GOD. And so on and so forth. Rappers make outlandish, deity like comparisons to themselves. We’re not meant to take it seriously

Daps
Kendrick pulled such a chess move pulling this. Jumped on a record where both the artist and producer don’t fukk with Drake.

He timed this so perfectly that Aubrey legit has no choice but to respond. And he better not hide behind J. Cole either..

The wild thing about all this is what can Drake REALLY say about Kendrick that can get under his skin? He can’t talk about materialistic shyt. He can’t talk about album sales. He can’t rely on social media memes or comments.

What’s he gonna say? “You take to long to drop? You just jealous that Cole and I run the game and you just irrelevant. I took you on tour, I put you on, you should be bowing down to me. Your music is overrated and isn’t talking about nothing.”

That’s probably legit what he gonna say…:pachaha:

I’ve waited so long for this…this Canadian better not bytch up like last time. He better be a man..

I can see Drake hiding behind Cole and letting him do all the heavy lifting while sprinkling in some light participation here and there lol. I wonder if he suspected something like this was coming and that’s why he moved to align himself with Cole in the first place.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I can see Drake hiding behind Cole and letting him do all the heavy lifting while sprinkling in some light participation here and there lol. I wonder if he suspected something like this was coming and that’s why he moved to align himself with Cole in the first place.
My homeboy literally told me EXACTLY this word for word. I think Aubrey really is hoping that Cole will fight his battle and he just sits back and lets the narratives fly.

I mean look at their current tour right now. The way the show is set up, he is treating Cole like he did 21 Savage and he is treating him like Lil Bro. Drake opens the show and closes the show. Cole only comes out to do his own set and then after him and Drake collab he leaves.

Hell even on Drake’s IG, he rarely shows any pictures of him and Cole sharing the stage together like they equals.

I really hope Cole sees through this shyt and let’s Aubrey handles his battles like a man..

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
MJ/Prince shyt got nothing to do with one being a true artist and the other not being one. Come on, Kendrick is on record praising MJ multiple times in interviews and songs (Mortal Man). He played MJ's kid a song to get his blessing to use a sample and did an entire song about MJ on Mr Morale that ultimate got left off the album.

I took it to mean MJ was significantly more successful than Prince commercially and it didn’t matter. Prince is still Prince.