Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Any and everyone with a functioning brain would never seriously liken Kendrick to Michael Joseph Muthafukking GOAT Jackson. Nor Prince either. I highly doubt Kendrick himself actually thinks he’s anywhere on Prince’s level. Its just what rappers do. Nas called himself the rebirth of Langston Hughes. Common compared himself to Hallie Sallasie. Jay called himself GOD. And so on and so forth. Rappers make outlandish, deity like comparisons to themselves. We’re not meant to take it seriously
It's not about Kendrick. It's about these posters. Even with that being said. That bar doesn't make sense whatsoever. In any capacity.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
MJ/Prince shyt got nothing to do with one being a true artist and the other not being one. Come on, Kendrick is on record praising MJ multiple times in interviews and songs (Mortal Man). He played MJ's kid a song to get his blessing to use a sample and did an entire song about MJ on Mr Morale that ultimate got left off the album.

I took it to mean MJ was significantly more successful than Prince commercially and it didn’t matter. Prince is still Prince.
The bar sucks bruh. The nikka said Prince outlived MJ. nikka Michael Jai White outlived Bruce Lee. So fukking what? Lol. Prince barely lived longer than MJ. And his music still doesn't ring off further. The bar is just nonsensical. Lol

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bar sucks bruh. The nikka said Prince outlived MJ. nikka Michael Jai White outlived Bruce Lee. So fukking what? Lol. Prince barely lived longer than MJ. And his music still doesn't ring off further. The bar is just nonsensical. Lol

There's a Drake interview where he's prioritizing longevity. He literally said "I like lasting power"

Kendrick is just using Drake's preferences and words against him

Surface level, Drake fans would struggle understanding hip-hop, Drake/Kendrick

Both rappers are really cerebral which makes everything interesting

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
MJ/Prince shyt got nothing to do with one being a true artist and the other not being one. Come on, Kendrick is on record praising MJ multiple times in interviews and songs (Mortal Man). He played MJ's kid a song to get his blessing to use a sample and did an entire song about MJ on Mr Morale that ultimate got left off the album.

I took it to mean MJ was significantly more successful than Prince commercially and it didn’t matter. Prince is still Prince.
That outlive part makes no sense at all

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
There's a Drake interview where he's prioritizing longevity. He literally said "I like lasting power"

Kendrick is just using Drake's preferences and words against him

Surface level, Drake fans would struggle understanding hip-hop, Drake/Kendrick

Both rappers are really cerebral which makes everything interesting
It still doesn't make sense bro. Lol.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Y’all nikkas slow and don’t understand what subliminal means in terms of spitting

Game of telephone. A lot of nggas missed the boat on the real era and now they using terms incorrectly bc they don’t understand the nuance

I say that bc this ain’t no gotdamn subliminal. I’m from the era where a subliminal meant we didn’t get it confirmed for YEARS, literally, who you talking bout. Some lines wasn’t even known as disses….nggas didn’t even know their was a beef

You don’t always need to literally “say his name”. Did Pusha ‘say his NaMe’ on Addidon?! You just need to be clear who you talking bout. Kendrick has made it clear, and everybody knows who the big 3 is.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I can see Drake hiding behind Cole and letting him do all the heavy lifting while sprinkling in some light participation here and there lol. I wonder if he suspected something like this was coming and that’s why he moved to align himself with Cole in the first place.

Drake’s taken direct shots from Kendrick before and did nothing more but cry about it. I’d suspect that he wouldn’t link up with Cole just to hide behind him when hiding in plain sight has been working for a decade now. There was money, BIG money in aligning himself with Cole, whose a big draw himself. The song went number 1. the tour sold out. There’s been legit excitement seeing those two make music together. That plus they’ve been friends since they came in the game together. People forget the original “Big Three” of the new generation wasn’t supposed to include Kendrick. There was Wale, Krit, Kid Cudi, and Jay Electronica kind of vying for that third spot with Big Sean, Cyhi The Prince and Charles Hamilton bubbling. Hamilton lost his fukking mind and his buzz went with it. Cyhi, due to label/management issues was never able to capitalize off the My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy/ Good Music wave the way Sean did. Cudi went too far left too soon and was fighting drug problems. Krit signed to Def Jam, who didn’t really promote him right nor clear crucial samples he needed. Jay Elect fled to Europe to avoid paying Erykah Badu child support and waited a DECADE to drop an album. Wale had a nice run with MMG but never became a bonafide superstar. Kendrick literally LEAP FROGGED all of them nikkas plus his own label-mate Jay Rock when Section 80 dropped (some might say Overly Dedicated but i’m just going by general public consciousness) and became that third pillar when he delivered one of the greatest mainstream debut albums of all time.

I say all of this to say that Cole & Drake were anointed and solidified as the NEXT dudes a good 3 years before Kendrick started making a real splash. They knew each other. Had worked together. Had similar backgrounds (both biracial, black fathers, white mothers, semi-estranged from their fathers for a point during their youths, came up under the tutelage of popular mainstream rappers, combined rapping & singing, girls liked them, guys fukked with them, etc) so it makes perfect sense for them to have always been aligned.

Kendrick on the other hand never really seemed like he cared about Drake one way or the other. Drake put him on Take Care but its not like he was doing him any great favors and by that time Kendrick was pretty much solidifying himself as a force to be reckoned with. They went on tour. Then Kendrick pretty much ceased associating himself with him. He had TDE and the West Coast behind him he never needed alliances after he blew up. His relationship with Cole seems to have been one of mutual respect but again, its clear that Kendrick saw himself as a separate entity. Kendrick’s never really been publicly buddy buddy with anyone outside of TDE and he even left THEM behind at the first opportunity to have his own label situation.

All of this seems to stem from competition (as it should. This is rap we’re talking about) and Kendrick understanding that if he’s going to take out two birds with one stone NOW is the time. Drake will look even more like a punk if Cole responds (he will) and he doesn’t. That plus Drake went to war with Pusha-T, who we all know isn’t on Drake’s level of popularity but Kendrick very much IS of that level and again, Drake will look weak if he remains mum. This was a brilliant chess move on Kendrick’s behalf now he just has to back it up with a fire album and do something that rappers don’t do nowadays, include a full clip response to whatever Drake and Cole drop ON the album itself. Its time to bring back the days of Takeover and Ether, where the diss tracks are ON the album and live on forever. The Story Of Addinon is one of the best disses of all time…available on YouTube. Control was a great moment in battle history…available on YouTube. Hiss is a loosie track. Back to Back is a loosie track. Its time to out these shyts on ALBUMS

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It still doesn't make sense bro. Lol.

Drake was about to pass Michael Jackson in billboard number 1s. He bragged about about being one away on the collab with J cole. Kendrick is saying it doesnt matter how many hits drake got. His artistry is Prince and will outlive Drakes discography regardless.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's not about Kendrick. It's about these posters. Even with that being said. That bar doesn't make sense whatsoever. In any capacity.

I mean Prince DID outlive Michael breh. Prince’s new material was also more relevant during the later part of his career than MJ managed (mostly due to his health and controversies not because of any decline in skill or ability) its not rocket science to conclude that Kendrick is saying in the most exaggerated manner possible that his music and career longevity will outlast Drake’s. In the same way that Nas is still making a case for his GOAT status 30 years after Illmatic while Jay seems to have thrown in the towel, Kendrick could very well be making acclaimed music years and years after Drake’s last ghostwriter hangs it up.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake was about to pass Michael Jackson in billboard number 1s. He bragged about about being one away on the collab with J cole. Kendrick is saying it doesnt matter how many hits drake got. His artistry is Prince and will outlive Drakes discography regardless.
Also it goes back to his point about he rather have respect than money and power. Prince probably has more respect with people than Michael Jackson you got a lot of people who think Michael is a pedo even though he was the bigger artist.

Personally I fukk with both Michael and Prince and their talent allows them to be great at different things.