Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
That's not a reach. Was MJ's last album not Invincible in 2001? Did Prince not drop two albums that were successful since Michael Jackson's last album?

It could be coincidence that Kendrick made a Prince reference to a Prince album titled 3121 that dropped on 3/21 and this song dropped on 3/22 barely missing 3/21.
You think Kendrick knew Future’s album was dropping 3/22 when he wrote that verse? Stretch before you reach next time, you might pull something :mjlol:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Hate to agree with Rory, but he’s right. Kendrick ain’t ‘outside’ right now so this is kind of a weird to shoot at them while they hot and you not.

And that brings me back to the generations, the masculinity pause is different. When Jay or Big was on top and taking shots at the comp, it felt like they was on top. Like a king addressing peasants. Kendrick sound like an up and coming rapper going for the throne —-but he supposed to already have it

The wack beat and weird voice don’t help

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cause you’re creating hypothetical typing paragraphs when it’s only Kendrick being Prince to drakes Mj.

“One away from Michael Jackson” is a Drake quote from first person shooter 🤦🏾‍♂️

And again, everyine's drawing their own conclusions. You can make a Prince/Michael allusion without the "outliving". "Outliving" adds a whole other layer to that comparison. Why?

1) Prince literally outlived Michael as he passed nearly 7 years after MJ

2) Prince's career saw a resurgence later in his career in 2004-2006. Michael never dropped another studio after Invincible. This is significant in context to that line because he could imply a fall off or decline for MJ/Drake and Kendrick catching a second wind like Prince.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think Kendrick knew Future’s album was dropping 3/22 when he wrote that verse? Stretch before you reach next time, you might pull something :mjlol:

Read and think before you post next time. Did you not see where I said "coincidence" or do I have to define it?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
All three of them have white fans. Drake may have the biggest whitest fanbase of any rapper not named Eminem.

The facts are that Kendrick made Good Kid M.a.a.d City and To Pimp A Butterfly, two albums directly targeted at black fanbases speaking on elements of the black experience while Drake’s writers made….Hotline Bling

ak-responds-to-kendricks-diss-v0-7vtb7s51gtpc1.jpg
Lmfao who made this?!

:dead:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to agree with Rory, but he’s right. Kendrick ain’t ‘outside’ right now so this is kind of a weird to shoot at them while they hot and you not.

And that brings me back to the generations, the masculinity pause is different. When Jay or Big was on top and taking shots at the comp, it felt like they was on top. Like a king addressing peasants. Kendrick sound like an up and coming rapper going for the throne —-but he supposed to already have it

Stop this if Kendrick drops an album right now the world is stopping. nikka is like a light switch he can turn this shyt off or on.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

You think Kendrick done this unprovoked?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
great verse.

I really don’t care for a whole rap beef between them but I'm glad he just said fukk it and outright dissed them
Drake/Kendrick subliminals had started back up and Cole was talking about Kendrick like he was his little man on that Yachty shyt when talking about the Cole/Kendrick album

the Michael Jackson/Prince bar got a funny little extra layer to it because it leaves Cole out behind those two

Drake likes to crash the party and overshadow peoples momentum when they are dissing him so I could see him replying over the weekend but it would probably be more smoke for Future than Kendrick if its a short notice diss

Cole will reply back the week when his album is coming out with a video of him in a children's playground sounding disappointed like that trash Kanye diss on the bus people love
What song is this?

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
On Drake last album he had that track "what Would Pluto Do" why yall think they have beef? I must be late...