Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The Prince/MJ lines are going to fly over a lot of people's heads. Yes, Prince literally outlived Michael Jackson, but Prince dropped 3121 (his first ever #1 album) on 3/21 in 2006. This just missed the 3/21 date.Michael Jackson's last album, Invincible, dropped in 2001. Prince was on a commercial comeback of sorts from 2004-2007, but we never got another album from Michael Jackson. His 2004 album, Musicology was critically acclaimed. So musically, one could say Prince outlived Michael Jackson.
1702234675251-gif.5401462

No.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yes. Because I said so. You ain't gotta agree. Take it for whatbit is. Posting gifs makes you look like a clown.

People can mine for meanings in subliminal disses which is part of Hip Hop, but when people make interpreations of lyrics on a Hip Hop forum people clown. You look silly as that Bentley gif right now.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The Prince-MJ line is bars. Bc it’s…kinda dark :pachaha:

Plus everyone gets what he’s sayin. Mike was more popular but Prince is generally considered more legit musically. Now that I think of it a rapper comparing himself to there king of POP is self ether anyway. Which is why it’s not even worth discussing a Drake vs Kendrick war

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Yes. Because I said so. You ain't gotta agree. Take it for whatbit is. Posting gifs makes you look like a clown.

People can mine for meanings in subliminal disses which is part of Hip Hop, but when people make interpreations of lyrics on a Hip Hop forum people clown. You look silly as that Bentley gif right now.
:mjlol:

Yo your generation is weird :bryan: no wonder yall watch obvious skits then analyze it like it’s real

I will repeat: you missed it! If thr rappers of your day ain’t giving you deep layered bars with hidden meaning, you don’t just make it up for them. That’s hilariously sad

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Prince-MJ line is bars. Bc it’s…kinda dark :pachaha:

Plus everyone gets what he’s sayin. Mike was more popular but Prince is generally considered more legit musically. Now that I think of it a rapper comparing himself to there king of POP is self ether anyway. Which is why it’s not even worth discussing a Drake vs Kendrick war

But breh, tell me exactly what "outliving" MJ in the literal sense has to do with their artistry. How would this exactly be a flex when we lost both of them?

That line is more of a flex if you look at the fact that Prince while BOTH of them were alive had an extended run during a period in which Michael was on the downside of his career. And its more of a flex because most folks would never look at it that way because Michael Jackson was the biggest artist on the planet.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My bad, Prince's 3121 is the ONLY Prince album to DEBUT @ #1. So it isn't a reach.

What does being one away from Michael Jackson have to do with Prince outliving Michael? My post makes more sense in that regard than yours. And to think people actually co-signed

Cause you’re creating hypothetical typing paragraphs when it’s only Kendrick being Prince to drakes Mj. It’s not that deep.

“One away from Michael Jackson” is a Drake quote from first person shooter 🤦🏾‍♂️

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Yo your generation is weird :bryan: no wonder yall watch obvious skits then analyze it like it’s real

I will repeat: you missed it! If thr rappers of your day ain’t giving you deep layered bars with hidden meaning, you don’t just make it up for them. That’s hilariously sad

Breh, you don't know me. 1986>>>>>>>

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We weren't stans like that back then though. Hell on the Monday Night Wars most of us watched BOTH and enjoyed the show

True, I don't recall stan camps, everyone I knew couldn't wait to watch both shows, yeah you had debates and fantasy match ups but nothing like the foolery that goes on today.