Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I 100% DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THE LADY IN THE VIDEO IS SAYING. SHE'S CAPPING. But i'm just putting it out there.

I looked the song up, and never heard about it until today.

EDIT: Video won't play for some reason. But the lady said she talks to battle rapper Daylyt (currently signed to TDE). According to her. Kendrick saying Drake's best work is a "lyte pack" is him saying, Daylight wrote for Drake. Daylyte has a song called Lytskin (again, I've never heard of that shyt). Talking about writing for Drake, supposedly.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I sat up nights writing don’t get the credit i deserve
I’m the one sending references I’m who edit them words
I don’t ask to be credited i just check for the debit deposit observe
While you sit and observe i just service for all them platinum hits
And the live jam
You know
Let there be light was gods plan
You think i jot with god hands
I was being a handyman hamburger helper for the logo
Jumped in the meek beef just for the promo
I guess this how the show go when you show low respect for those who respect and neglect you i was the first Adonis
I made you pop you ain't tell the world who i was
Stay quiet chillin was mad but held back ain't have the right feelings

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Stop this if Kendrick drops an album right now the world is stopping. nikka is like a light switch he can turn this shyt off or on.

Yea, that’s exactly why he didn’t need this. Or at least for it to sound like this. If you gon do it, sound assured. Do it more confident. He should be “addressing” artists beneath him, not ‘taking shots at’. His approach actually validated their status as his equal.

To put it another way, it’s like Lebron challenging Kyrie 1 on 1. :heh: You have very little to gain, a lot to lose, and you’re wading into his lane, propping HIM up to your level

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, that’s exactly why he didn’t need this. Or at least for it to sound like this. If you gon do it, sound assured. Do it more confident. He should be “addressing” artists beneath him, not ‘taking shots at’. His approach actually validated their status as his equal.

And his lane is classic albums. He is the better artist. Features and ‘hits ‘ is Cole and Drake lane.

To put it another way, it’s like Lebron challenging Kyrie 1 on 1. :heh: You have very little to gain, a lot to lose, and you’re wading into his lane, propping HIM up to your level
If the nikka want to drop a diss track so be it. You act like he’s hasn’t been subbing Drake for the last decade. You cant be mad at him if J.Cole is name dropping him on a nikka he don’t likes track. He been looking at Drake as the OP.

Kendrick wouldn’t be doing this if Cole didn’t talk no big three Muhammad Ali shyt.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Where’s the future album thread? Did anybody even make one. Actually hyped for this release and I’m going to re up tonight and run tf out this shyt

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Honestly, I’m over a Drake/Kendrick beef at this point.

A Cole and Kendrick beef tho? :lupe:

That shyt has potential to be really good.
Coke - Kdot makes me sad. These nikkas really had me waiting for that collab album until about 2017 when it was clear these dudes was in totally different zones and wouldn’t be making music together no more