Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely not

Jay-Z and Roc Nation was instrumental to Cole’s success. TDE was instrumental to Kendrick’s success with a helping hand from Snoop and Dre giving him a co-sign.

Funny how you attribute Cole's success to Hov and Rocnation and Kendrick's success to Dre and TDE, but go radio silent when I mention Interscope's massive pull in the industry and how Kendrick benefitted from that heavily his whole career up until these last couple years where hes relied on shooting at Drake more and more.

Cole would still be Cole without any affiliation with Drake. That goes double for Kendrick.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:snoop: It used to be Cole fans but yall have taken over that space

This is a Ye diss
Out of all 3 parties involved

Kendrick seems to be the only one we don't have to speculate and reach to know who he's addressing

Has nothing to do with your post but :yeshrug: it just reminded me how cringe it is to be vague like that when you're tryna disrespect the next man, these nikkas are pushing 40 and moving like this :scust:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Funny how you attribute Cole's success to Hov and Rocnation and Kendrick's success to Dre and TDE, but go radio silent when I mention Interscope's massive pull in the industry and how Kendrick benefitted from that heavily his whole career up until these last couple years where hes relied on shooting at Drake more and more.

So are you implying that Drake didn’t benefit MASSIVELY from being signed to Universal/Republic by way of Young Money? Thats whats supposed to happen when an artist signs to a major at the peak of their popularity. The label is supposed to give them the push to reach greater heights.

And Kendrick has kept the same energy since Control dropped. He’s been wanting the head to head fade with Drake but Drake has been scared to take it there.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Out of all 3 parties involved

Kendrick seems to be the only one we don't have to speculate and reach to know who he's addressing

Has nothing to do with your post but :yeshrug: it just reminded me how cringe it is to be vague like that when you're tryna disrespect the next man, these nikkas are pushing 40 and moving like this :scust:

Bro I hate that shyt

Hov is a goat and I hated it when he did it too.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
It’s a reason yall hate Drake.. he been on to you nikkas like future, metro Ross etc :mjlol:

“Look, we can argue back and forth, but who's the richer man?
Isn't that what matters in this world that we livin' in?
Bang those dividends, snakes stay slitherin'
How you plan to make it to the top by just fittin' it?
How you plan to take a nikka's spot by just givin' in?
How you gon' treat this shyt like you gon' get to live again?”

How you gettin' hype off one hit? Do that shyt again
How you got a manager you met after you got the win?
Bet you got some nikkas that'll love you to the bitter end
Bet you got somebody that's just smarter than your other friends”

“Got a nikka starin' at the game like, "damn coach, put him in"
But you never listen, so you nikkas going wood again
Got us in the crib, talkin' 'bout what nikkas coulda been, shoulda been
And I got your girl on the second floor, beggin' me to put it in
And it's not because all of the money that you wouldn't spend
And it's not because I set it up to try and get revenge
It's because you nikkas insecure, you ain't made men
It's because, even though you hate on me, we stay friends
It's because you nikkas never learn when to say when, yeah”

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
So are you implying that Drake didn’t benefit MASSIVELY from being signed to Universal/Republic by way of Young Money? Thats whats supposed to happen when an artist signs to a major at the peak of their popularity. The label is supposed to give them the push to reach greater heights.

You're pivoting.

ALL of these artists benefitted from their major labels. I made that point to identify how you're contradicting yourself with how you downplayed Interscope's influence on Kendrick's career before.

What we're actually discussing here, is how people are being disingenuous with the amount of help and support Kendrick got from Drake early in his career - and how he continues to rely on the Drake stimulus inadvertently.

And Kendrick has kept the same energy since Control dropped. He’s been wanting the head to head fade with Drake but Drake has been scared to take it there.

He mentioned plenty of other people on Control - some even responded like Meek.

Was Kendrick too scared to take it there with Meek, or this only applies to Drake cause you guys irrationally hate Drake?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Bro I hate that shyt

Hov is a goat and I hated it when he did it too.
I agree to an extent

Let's be honest, hov was a business nikka first and foremost, the rap thing just happened to fall into place, his intentions always seemed business minded imo, so I can understand not wanting to get distracted focusing on rappers who aren't gonna be around in the long run

These other nikkas who come in the game saying they're validation is based on them being over their peers? Nah imma need to see them get busy if they're saying the end goal is to be in people's top 5's

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
If Drake don't reply, he a bytch...

Better do an actual diss and not say you got a number 1 with my name in a sub

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree to an extent

Let's be honest, hov was a business nikka first and foremost, the rap thing just happened to fall into place, his intentions always seemed business minded imo, so I can understand not wanting to get distracted focusing on rappers who aren't gonna be around in the long run

These other nikkas who come in the game saying they're validation is based on them being over their peers? Nah imma need to see them get busy if they're saying the end goal is to be in people's top 5's

You know I’m not mad at this :salute:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

Doesnt this apply to Kendrick?

He took 6 years off, dropped arguably his weakest album, no longer has major label support, and now he wants to smoke Drake and Cole, two guys who have been putting in the work these last few years, without dropping any of his own music that stands on its own. People wanna forget how quickly The Hillbillies came and went.

Drake has dissed Kendrick far more than Kendrick has dissed him, but those disses are usually buried away in his albums instead of at the start of a rollout.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don’t know about this. Like I posted earlier they’ve both been pretty consistent throwing shots at each other but

Meek Mill dissed Kendrick

Jay Electronica dissed Kendrick

J Cole responded to control

Drake has been dissing him for 10 years

Big krit responded to control

Papoose straight up dissed

Big Sean dissed him

Lupe has dissed him

And called him out for stealing from him

Him and Sean went back and forth but went nowhere (I think Sean no more interviews verse was harder than any shyt Kendrick threw)

And him and Drake has been going back and forth for a decade

Why does K dot get a pass for not straight up dissing anyone?

when we’ve bashed Drake for doing the same and not responding to everyone

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Look, we can argue back and forth, but who's the richer man?
Isn't that what matters in this world that we livin' in?
Bang those dividends, snakes stay slitherin'
How you plan to make it to the top by just fittin' it?
How you plan to take a nikka's spot by just givin' in?
How you gon' treat this shyt like you gon' get to live again
Drake aside (cuz im really not impressed with any of the big 3 when it comes to taking greasy)

You telling me you heard someone say this and didn't immediately see through it?

Being rich is what really matters? :mjlol: you telling another adult what their motivations in life are? C'mon man this is IG thot level thinking.

If you ever hear someone default to money to prove their self worth, especially if nikkas are just telling them to stop moving corny, you are talking to an insecure loser, doesn't matter how much they have.

If a nikka on the coli showed you he makes more money than you right now, are you gonna :bow: at every post he makes?

You wouldn't :ufdup: why do this for a random lightskin Canadian nikka