Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Some Coli posters said it came and went though... does The Coli not reflect real life? :ohhh:

The Nas album has 200 pages, you would think somebody listens to it. You have to look fat :flabbynsick: on walmart store scooters to find one listener in real life.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
BIG KRIT, Charles Hamitlon & Lupe Fiasco are three rappers that immediately date the posters
here and indicate where their taste is stuck.

It's like we're in a 2008-XXL cover time warp on this website.
Respectfully do you really think the problem here is that people are stuck in the Krit, Lupe and Charles Hamilton era?
If so it doesn’t reflect the reality of what i see being discussed here on a general basis.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Respectfully do you really think the problem here is that people are stuck in the Krit, Lupe and Charles Hamilton era?
If so it doesn’t reflect the reality of what i see being discussed here on a general basis.
In my opinion there's like two groups of posters on here.

1. Post-Underground/Backpack rap mainstreaming itself leaving generation of people who are stuck in that era and it's outcroppings - they're usually the ones throwing stones at the big artists that emerged from that (Kendrick, J. Cole and Drake). All three of these artists benefit from the mythos of the "Real Hip-Hop Artist" and trying to strive towards that idealism. An ideal that many say they aren't fit for and usually substitute some other rapper who hit an
XXL cover in that era Lupe Fiasco? Big Sean? Wale? We're all talking about people who have careers that over over a decade deep.

Many, many artists were made in the mold of Kanye West around that time, so many that don't even get spoken about anymore.
Guys like Phil Ade or D. Swain or all of the other kinds of rappers who got heavy burn on OkayPlayer and they're just as artistically valid but get no
burn on here.

And of course, this entire Era is preceded by the EXPLOSION of gangster rap so we'll hear about all of the careers that existed in that prior
era.
Jay-Z.
Nas.
Biggie.
Pac.
The Lox.
Fabulous.
And many, many more.

2. "Too Cool For School" GenX and Millenials listening to music largely meant for 20somethings and teens.
This is how we get "serious" discussions about Drill Rap from people in their late 30s/early 40s.

Between these two groups is a LARGE, LARGE swath of Hip-Hop that just isn't even covered.

Entire eras of Hip-Hop have happened in the past 14 years that just don't even get spoken about.

Like something as instrumental to contemporary Hip-Hop's sonic Landscape like the LA Beat Scene is

just casually glossed over on here.

Whole regions barely get explored in depth.

The Bay.
Southern California.
International Hip-Hop.
Instrumental Hip-Hop.

The Booth has a very, very narrow view of not only what constitutes Hip-Hop but who is "Good" or what it
takes to be "Good" and usually good is judged by something niche like closely you can write an Aesop Rock pastiche
or something silly like that.

Like Big Krit is cool but

Oddisee >>>>
Skyzoo >>>>

On the production tip alone
Machinedrum >>>>>>
Melo X >>>>>
Knxwledge>>>>>

He played his part in Hip-Hop but his skills need to be put into perspective.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In my opinion there's like two groups of posters on here.

1. Post-Underground/Backpack rap mainstreaming itself leaving generation of people who are stuck in that era and it's outcroppings - they're usually the ones throwing stones at the big artists that emerged from that (Kendrick, J. Cole and Drake). All three of these artists benefit from the mythos of the "Real Hip-Hop Artist" and trying to strive towards that idealism. An ideal that many say they aren't fit for and usually substitute some other rapper who hit an
XXL cover in that era Lupe Fiasco? Big Sean? Wale? We're all talking about people who have careers that over over a decade deep.

Many, many artists were made in the mold of Kanye West around that time, so many that don't even get spoken about anymore.
Guys like Phil Ade or D. Swain or all of the other kinds of rappers who got heavy burn on OkayPlayer and they're just as artistically valid but get no
burn on here.

And of course, this entire Era is preceded by the EXPLOSION of gangster rap so we'll hear about all of the careers that existed in that prior
era.
Jay-Z.
Nas.
Biggie.
Pac.
The Lox.
Fabulous.
And many, many more.

2. "Too Cool For School" GenX and Millenials listening to music largely meant for 20somethings and teens.
This is how we get "serious" discussions about Drill Rap from people in their late 30s/early 40s.

Between these two groups is a LARGE, LARGE swath of Hip-Hop that just isn't even covered.

Entire eras of Hip-Hop have happened in the past 14 years that just don't even get spoken about.

Like something as instrumental to contemporary Hip-Hop's sonic Landscape like the LA Beat Scene is

just casually glossed over on here.

Whole regions barely get explored in depth.

The Bay.
Southern California.
International Hip-Hop.
Instrumental Hip-Hop.

The Booth has a very, very narrow view of not only what constitutes Hip-Hop but who is "Good" or what it
takes to be "Good" and usually good is judged by something niche like closely you can write an Aesop Rock pastiche
or something silly like that.

Like Big Krit is cool but

Oddisee >>>>
Skyzoo >>>>

On the production tip alone
Machinedrum >>>>>>
Melo X >>>>>
Knxwledge>>>>>

He played his part in Hip-Hop but his skills need to be put into perspective.

There’s been threads on plenty rappers that folks that dont visit yall neg and dismiss @CrimsonTider and @Certified whose banned for whatever reason but they really talk about music that is really bubbling and popping “outside” that people are listening to but yall don’t comment on them

The amount of posters that are in this thread but haven’t commented on Futures album is mind blowing

So thank god for the folks who do mention big krit Lupe and every other artist you mentioned cause the board does get monotonous at times
The Nas album has 200 pages, you would think somebody listens to it. You have to look fat :flabbynsick: on walmart store scooters to find one listener in real life.

That thread has the same people commenting on it for a long time lol

Stop it

The biggest issue is the same people make the same threads @JordanWearinThe45 @CrimsonTider @crimson @LevelUp and a few others. They’re the only ones really trying to engage.

So if you feel like it’s something not talked about or being ignored make the thread. There’s a primo rice thread he’s dope, roc Marci thread he’s amazing, veeze thread.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually agree with you.

But I just haven't had the time or energy to research and present stuff on TheColi.

I could probably compile threads, point out labels, different artists etc. for forum engagement
but that same sort of energy could actually make me money on Youtube or those efforts could
be put towards lookin' for more RE deals.

When I was on here as a teen and in my early 20s that kinda stuff made sense.

These days, not so much.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There’s been threads on plenty rappers that folks that dont visit yall neg and dismiss @CrimsonTider and @Certified whose banned for whatever reason but they really talk about music that is really bubbling and popping “outside” that people are listening to but yall don’t comment on them

The amount of posters that are in this thread but haven’t commented on Futures album is mind blowing

So thank god for the folks who do mention big krit Lupe and every other artist you mentioned cause the board does get monotonous at times

That thread has the same people commenting on it for a long time lol

Stop it

The biggest issue is the same people make the same threads @JordanWearinThe45 @CrimsonTider @crimson @LevelUp and a few others. They’re the only ones really trying to engage.

So if you feel like it’s something not talked about or being ignored make the thread. There’s a primo rice thread he’s dope, roc Marci thread he’s amazing, veeze thread.
This isn’t a serious opinion big upping crimsontider as serious rap discussion - dude is the definition of trying to pretend he’s still 22.

And I’m not sure what y’all expect in 2024 when everyone is listening to their own little bubbles, no, you’re not going to get tons of engagement on new artists because audiences are smaller and more split. There’s a reason that the threads that do numbers are about artists that debuted 10+ years ago, that’s the last time people were all on one page.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Damn no love for Krit his mixtape run was crazy. Getting fukked over by Def Jam and not getting a Kanye/Wayne/Dre equivalent co-sign. Basically ruined his entire momentum smh. Granted I never saw him as becoming a superstar. But I at least saw him being in a better position than he’s in now. As for Sean he actually has a big fanbase. Especially a female one not on Drake’s level, but probably on Cole’s level.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This isn’t a serious opinion big upping crimsontider as serious rap discussion - dude is the definition of trying to pretend he’s still 22.

And I’m not sure what y’all expect in 2024 when everyone is listening to their own little bubbles, no, you’re not going to get tons of engagement on new artists because audiences are smaller and more split. There’s a reason that the threads that do numbers are about artists that debuted 10+ years ago, that’s the last time people were all on one page.
:mjlol:

What about my music takes give off I’m trying to be 22?

You don’t see me talking about YB music or Baby Kia. I’m the nikka that has music playing 24/7. So I’m always discovering new shyt

I’m just a fan of rap music and I’m not trying to defend or hold up an era of rap as the greatest like most people here.