Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man stop hahaha

So now we’re downplaying IWW to prove that music critics know what they’re talking about?

Whose mans is this?
Stop what?
Have you heard the album? I can name 100 flaws...
have you heard the song using alt keys? how come they're all focusing on what we call the B in ? that's simply wrong...that alone makes the musical composition mediocre at best lol.
Thats the issue with random listeners like you, you're letting your own taste compromise the discussion.

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody agrees with you hence the album’s re-rating’s and critical revisions
None of my peers consider it as a good album. And I personally don't know a single expert thinking it's good.
Only casual listeners agree with you, ence why you're not able to explain why it's good.
But if you want, we can get technical, we can talk objectively about the musical composition of this mediocre project, but I'm afraid you don't have enough musical knowledge for this convo.

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on Ziggiy, you can start...tell me how this album use them normal, triadic (3-note) chords properly...I'm excited to know.

And while you're at it, please, don't forget to mention the spacy chords on half of this album...

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Motherfukker told me IWW was a great album. These casual fans man...Nas himself ain't even respecting the 5 rules that make a rhythmic transition good :russ:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Kendrick from the West, he's short and makes music that is not all flashin hoes and clothes.

Ofc people gon hate him no matter what :mjlol:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Older albums like Marvin Gaye’s Here, My Dear were critically panned when they came out and then went on to be hailed as classics. It happens

Hell even in Hip Hop it happens, It Was Written had a mixed critical response when it dropped and nowadays its pretty much universally recognized as a classic, even writers who shytted on it back in the day had to go back and re-review and re-rate it

Aug 1st, 1996

Dec 8th, 2012

Rolling Stone’s review Sep 19, 1996

June 8, 2022 they put IWW on their list of 200 Greatest Rap Albums Of All Time at 140

Ironically, today is the 55th anniversary of the release of Miles Davis' bytches Brew. Another album that received mixed critical and fan receptions alongside accusations of selling out. People act like only Nas isn't allowed to receive recognition or re-assessment later. I'm so tired of "real rap" heads attacking people for allegedly rewriting history. Truth be told a lot of people fukked with the album when it came out, but history was written by the heads who hated it. And now that it has aged so well, they're still mad.

Everybody considers It's A Wonderful Life to be a classic movie now but when it first came out in 1946 people said it was communist trash and hated on it, resulting in it being unsuccessful. Does anyone care about that today? No.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ironically, today is the 55th anniversary of the release of Miles Davis' bytches Brew. Another album that received mixed critical and fan receptions alongside accusations of selling out. People act like only Nas isn't allowed to receive recognition or re-assessment later. I'm so tired of "real rap" heads attacking people for allegedly rewriting history. Truth be told a lot of people fukked with the album when it came out, but history was written by the heads who hated it. And now that it has aged so well, they're still mad.

Everybody considers It's A Wonderful Life to be a classic movie now but when it first came out in 1946 people said it was communist trash and hated on it, resulting in it being unsuccessful. Does anyone care about that today? No.

When Elliot Wilson, the biggest Jay-Z fan on planet earth admitted to Nas face that he was wrong about his It Was Written opinion, it was a complete wrap on the IWW hate

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Not pressed about the timing but I think Drake responds in some capacity. Time stamp track might address all his adversaries