Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
No, I wouldn't.
Because he already made those songs and they took him exactly nowhere.

BIG KRIT, Charles Hamitlon & Lupe Fiasco are three rappers that immediately date the posters
here and indicate where their taste is stuck.

It's like we're in a 2008-XXL cover time warp on this website.

:edit:
To expand, I don't think these songs are bad at all.
He's a good songwriter, he's just not on Kendrick's level.
Bro does not have a TPAB or DAMN in him and he's already had ample
opportunity to show he did and literally never did it.

I also don't feel bro has maximized his own performance and he still has
room to grow as far as listenership even in 2024.

I think his huge problem was too much sampling in a market which didn't allow for that.
It heavily impacted his career and his ability to get a proper rollout/release way back when
and it caused his career to crater.
I would agree he doesn't have a tpab or damn in him. Because those were personal albums for kendrick. Kinda weird to hold that over krit instead of appreciating what he can offer

I feel that 4ever is a mighty long time was just as good as damn, but didn't have the hype or the promotion it got. It's a different type of album in terms of themes and what it set out to do, but they're equal when it comes to quality

I agree that sampling issues held him back a lot in his career. Also not having a label that believed in his vision fukked uim up early. They wanted him to hop on trends and switch up instead of developing his sound further. He would've been better off if he signed to interscope instead of def jam.

Would he have been a superstar? Not necessarily, but he would've had more freedom and resources to make the music he always wanted. Breh dropped a mixtape that was just as good as gkmc. Let that sink in :ohhh:

A krit with no limits would most def be a problem for his peers. As far as quality of music. Bias against southern rappers is still a problem. I think krit also suffered cause he didn't have a crew to back him up. Acts like tde, dreamville, odd future, or asap mob probably wouldn't have made it as far if they came out as solo acts first. Krit has his frequent collaborators but not on that level.

At the end of the day, krit might not have made it to superstar status but he will always be a legend to us in the south. Seeing someone born in the same city as me make it even that far means a lot. As a kid, I never thought it was possible to see places I go regularly on BET but he did that :mjcry:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Why are yall forcing this?

Just wait til their next single or verse and take it from there.

shyt is frustrating
"Ya see...

It takes nikkas weeks...

They need a comfort zone and some beats....:scusthov:"

-Is a real thing, and all 3 of the rappers involved heard that line, and wished they could body someone like that in a rap beef. This was their chance to show they were built like the nikkas they pay homage to

And they all failed the test here

They had a chance to catch lightning in a bottle, I don't really care about the W/L's over a rap track, it just woulda put a lot of productive competitiveness back into the culture without any dumb nikka shyt happening :manny: and it wouldve sealed the deal on who's running the era if one of them really went to take out another big dog

To wait this long takes air out of it quite a bit imo, this the 2nd or 3rd time they let duckworth hem them up by the collar, no gimmicks or marketing meme teams, just a verse, now we getting a whole over produced product with a bunch of other chefs in the kitchen :russell:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Ya see...

It takes nikkas weeks...

-Is a real thing, and all 3 of the rappers involved heard that line, and wished they could body someone like that in a rap beef. This was their chance to show they were built like the nikkas they pay homage to

They had a chance to catch lightning in a bottle, I don't really care about the W/L's over a rap track, it just woulda put a lot of productive competitiveness back into the culture without any dumb nikka shyt happening :manny: and it wouldve sealed the deal on who's running the era if one of them really went to take out another big dog

To wait this long takes air out of it quite a bit imo, this the 2nd or 3rd time they let duckworth hem them up by the collar, no gimmicks or marketing meme teams, just a verse, now we getting a whole over produced product with a bunch of other chefs in the kitchen :russell:

lol you know I’m a Lu fan but Drake has always responded to every Kendrick shot every time

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This isn’t a serious opinion big upping crimsontider as serious rap discussion - dude is the definition of trying to pretend he’s still 22.

And I’m not sure what y’all expect in 2024 when everyone is listening to their own little bubbles, no, you’re not going to get tons of engagement on new artists because audiences are smaller and more split. There’s a reason that the threads that do numbers are about artists that debuted 10+ years ago, that’s the last time people were all on one page.
Crimsontider is a troll

ReasonableMatic

Daps
"Ya see...

It takes nikkas weeks...

“I think that nikka scared
He never leave Heaven, 'cause he already dead

- Lupe Fiasco (Steve Jobs: SLR 3 1/2)

E7YPynLWEAM5XiU

BODIED that man and let other nikkas watch **jadakiss voice** :scusthov:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cole never seemed to have an issue with Kendrick. I guess dude is just that upset over Drake to diss by association