Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Daps
lol those are not in wharge of reviews and ratings, a lot of them are independent, a lot of them are even given by listeners while other are given by people with vast musical knowledge.
As far as I know, as a former music lecturer, I have never seen a single bad album getting the critical acclaim, just like I have never seen a good album not getting acclaimed.

Music is not entirely subjective, but most people usually get their own taste and straight music quality confused...a lot of them ain't qualified to discuss music quality either.
I mostly agree with this. Big difference between something not being your type of music vs it being trash.

Kendricks albums have inspired some of the best Hip Hop journalism this century, not everyones albums call for that type of evaluation even if you personally like it more.

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is facts.

People are tired of him for winning and being the top guy in rap for so long that they'll get excited over any diss towards him.

They do this same shyt with Lebron.
LeBron one of the goats tho. Nikkas like Drake, Nelly, Florida and pitbull sell alot but they not in the convo for goat

derro13

All Star
Daps
I mostly agree with this. Big difference between something not being your type of music vs it being trash.

Kendricks albums have inspired some of the best Hip Hop journalism this century, not everyones albums call for that type of evaluation even if you personally like it more.
Also influenced some of the best artists in music history: Prince, David Bowie, Herbie Hancock,...all of them were influenced by TPAB (and publicly admitted it as well)
I might be a Drake fan but it's impossible to deny Kendrick's legacy.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol those are not in wharge of reviews and ratings, a lot of them are independent, a lot of them are even given by listeners while other are given by people with vast musical knowledge.
As far as I know, as a former music lecturer, I have never seen a single bad album getting the critical acclaim, just like I have never seen a good album not getting acclaimed.

Music is not entirely subjective, but most people usually get their own taste and straight music quality confused...a lot of them ain't qualified to discuss music quality either.

Most music reviewers are not independent. Both Rolling Stone and Pitchfork’s articles include a corporate disclaimer about how they came to these decisions.

So you’re basically saying that if an album is critically acclaimed you can believe that it’s a good album and deserving of such even though the reviewers can be biased

The amount of classic albums that were panned when released is absurd so the statement “never seen a single bad album getting the critical acclaim” is void because the opposite happens all the time

Last edited:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is a flawed argument because deeper evaluatuons are happening for certain artists strictly because those reviewing them like the artists more.

derro13

All Star
Daps
Most music reviewers are not independent. Both Rolling Stone and Pitchfork’s articles include a corporate disclaimer about how they came to these decisions.

So you’re basically saying that if an album is critically acclaimed you can believe that it’s a good album and deserving of such even though the reviewers can be biased

The amount of classic albums that were panned when released is absurd so the statement “never seen a single bad album getting the critical acclaim” is void because the opposite happens all the time
To be fair, I'm not aware of any classic album that got panned...or they're only classic because of their popularity/impact, not based on their quality.
GRODT is a typical example of that, decent at best, but classic because of how big it was.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
“I know good and well that Kendrick’s not murdering me, at all, in any platform. So when that day presents itself, I guess we can revisit the topic.”

That day has come Aubrey and the longer you refuse to revisit the topic the weaker you look…
He murders Drake when it comes to album quality. lol.