Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is all facts and runs parallel to how Game got tons of help from 50 (and Dre) but wanted to be bigger than him and decided to spend 10+ years of his career getting at 50. Except that beef actually had gun play.

Before this feature it was The Hillbillies, and before that it was Family Ties, and all these songs got bars or gimmicks where hes clearly tryna bait Drake into a beef but Drake only ever gives him a sub here or there (that can often apply to Kanye too) because he doesn't want another Pusha T situation where a rapper uses him as a come up.

Its turning into Kendrick almost relying on this one sided beef with Drake to remain relevant (outside his mainstream appeal) cause hes hardly dropping any of his own material in-between - and its dumb as hell cause he would be doing just fine if he just dropped music instead of stirring up beef with Drake (or Cole) over seemingly no justifiable reason - which is the same advice we give Game in regards to his 50 beef if we could go back in time (focus on your own music instead of one sided beefs).
Kendrick projects are usually thought out and take time because he goes in depth with them when it comes to subject matter. I’m sure he could drop frequently but to him the music would be less meaningful. I don’t fukk with waiting 3 - 5 years for some music but tbh he’s the only one who could do that next to Drake.

There’s nothing wrong with talking time out a bit and crafting music. Drake has dropped a project basically almost every year for the four years and you can see each project gets less and less inspiring.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick project are usually thought out and take time because he goes deep with them. I’m sure he could drop frequently but to him the music would be less meaningful. I don’t fukk with waiting 3 - 5 years for some music but tbh he’s the only one who could do that next to Drake.

There’s nothing wrong with talking time out a bit and crafting music. Drake has dropped a project basically almost every year for the four years and you can see each project gets less and less inspiring.

Kendrick went on that 6 year hiatus because of his writer's block and issues with TDE, not because he was taking his time. But that was besides my point.

My point here is that every time he's popped his head out recently after a long period of silence was with a Drake jab. Family Ties, The Hillbillies, and now Like That, are all songs that come after a long period of silence from Kendrick and feature a jab at Drake to seemingly bait him into a bigger beef. The only real exception was the Beyonce remix.

And he don't need to be doing that when he's good enough to stand on his own.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Lmao Drake can’t lil Bro Kendrick any more than he can Cole, which is why despite Kendrick wanting to go to war for the past TEN YEARS Drake has kept it as light as he possibly can. Even when he COULD theoretically lil bro’d Kendrick he was scared to do so. Kendrick has been pretty much teflon since To Pimp A Butterfly and definitely seen as that dude since Damn. Kendrick has everything Drake doesn’t and Drake only really has numbers on his side. Nobody is going to care about the fact they went on tour 11 years ago or a feature that Drake did on Kendrick’s album that was released AFTER said album was already certified platinum.

Drake wants to be friends because he knows he CAN’T lil bro Kendrick and because he knows after the Push debacle that he can’t battle nikkas with no skeletons in their closet. He doesn’t have it in him and apparently neither do the ghostwriters.

Kendrick, despite Drake’s little concessions, doesn’t acknowledge Drake unless its to diss him. The reason I say its personal is because even Meek took the olive branch when he and Drake had REAL problems and said some crazy shyt about each other. Chris Brown took the olive branch despite their issues actually leading to violence.
Yuuuup

Also if it lead elsewhere he'd have issues in LA

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:russ:The idea that Kendrick needs Drake to sell his music is laughable. This is HipHop if Kendrick wants to challenge Drake’s pen game. Let him rock we were just giving props to the ladies. For bringing this energy back with Nicki vs Meg. Now it’s the guys turn and bruhs are already making excuses for their favorites.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick went on that 6 year hiatus because of his writer's block and issues with TDE, not because he was taking his time. But that was besides my point.

My point here is that every time he's popped his head out recently after a long period of silence was with a Drake jab. Family Ties, The Hillbillies, and now Like That, are all songs that come after a long period of silence from Kendrick and feature a jab at Drake to seemingly bait him into a bigger beef. The only real exception was the Beyonce remix.

And he don't need to be doing that when he's good enough to stand on his own.
You acting like Drake hasn’t sent subs to him while he been on hiatus. Drake has been shooting a Kendrick too in his passive aggressive way. Matter of fact didn’t not to long ago he said he ain’t the type of rapper to take 5 years to drop music.

You can’t blame Kendrick if he shooting. Plus that third person shooter shyt was a shot at him too.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You acting like Drake hasn’t sent subs to him while he been on hiatus. Drake has been shooting a Kendrick too in his passive aggressive way.

Drake definitely subbed Kendrick throughout the years and I even listed a couple songs where he did in a post somewhere in this thread.

The difference is Drake isn't repeatedly using Kendrick to generate noise for himself after ending a hiatus. The subs he's usually got for Kendrick are buried away in his albums and far less inflammatory / disrespectful.

Again, this is the third time in a row Kendrick broke some sort of silence with a Drake jab. Game did this only a few times until people started calling him a corny clout chaser.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:The idea that Kendrick needs Drake to sell his music is laughable. This is HipHop if Kendrick wants to challenge Drake’s pen game. Let him rock we were just giving props to the ladies. For bringing this energy back with Nicki vs Meg. Now it’s the guys turn and bruhs are already making excuses for their favorites.
Facts like some of these Drake Stan’s are out they mind. As much as I’m a Kendrick Stan I want both Cole and Drake to shoot and empty the clip on a nikka if nikkaz tryin yo be the best outchea.

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake definitely subbed Kendrick throughout the years and I even listed a couple songs where he did in a post somewhere in this thread.

The difference is Drake isn't repeatedly using Kendrick to generate noise for himself after ending a hiatus. The subs he's usually got for Kendrick are buried away in his albums and far less inflammatory / disrespectful.

Again, this is the third time in a row Kendrick broke some sort of silence with a Drake jab. Game did this only a few times until people started calling him a corny clout chaser.
You can’t tell nikkaz how to respond and this one is probably the clearest diss to Drake that he’s done popping his head out. The family ties shyt could have went to anyone the Heart part 4 diss was a big Sean one and the rest he’s put in his albums.

If I was Kendrick I would be coming out swingin to after the first person shyt. Lowkey them nikkaz was taunting him.

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
People are reaching with this narrative. FPS did not have any direct shots at Kendrick.

Now did Drake sub Kendrick throughout the years on other songs like Privileged Rappers, [Whatever Time] on Bridlepath, etc? Yes.

But none of these shots were direct like that where he's saying "fukk [Kendrick]" or "fukk the big 3".

All of this was under Interscope - which is the biggest machine in the music industry. And Kendrick was their crown jewel after Eminem. We saw what The Hillbillies did when Kendrick has zero backing from Interscope.

Not surprised to see Kendrick dissing and baiting so much now that he's off Interscope. Kinda similar to how Game started clout chasing more and more once he didn't have Interscope's backing too.
The existence of first person shooter itself is a diss at Kendrick, that track should have never left the studio if they weren’t gonna add him on it