Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Just brought this up talking to the homies. I thought these new nikka rap rules declared the response had to be within a certain timeframe and whatnot? We approaching 100+ hrs since this dropped and nothing but effeminate replies on stage and hired goons making threats on X. I just wanna know when do the rule apply and when they don't and is it dependent on who's doing the replying... :hubie:

Drake gets to play by different rules than all the other rappers. Probably another thing about him that annoys Kendrick.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
His 6th single...
It was the 4th single off GKMC if you want to include The Recipe. And the only other single at the time that was more successful was Swimming Pools. My original point stands. Not sure why it's so hard for y'all to acknowledge certain things.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Tbh I think most people assume Cole will respond.
I genuinely don't think we are getting a direct response from Drake.
Probably one line like a year from now :francis:
Bruh ain't built for this

And his ghost writers ain't either, because they gotta have shyt to work with

Battling ain't something you can do if you not from the culture imo

Even Eminem actually had to come up on the grind and go outside his element

Drake had it a lot easier to a certain extent, even tho he had ppl not taking him seriously until he got with Wayne

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Kendrick dont even have to go 100% with his bars to destroy Drake. Look at how he's reacting to those jabs? :dead:

It's different when your sending shots to a producer that don't rap (Metro) because you know he ain't gonna respond.

Even Drake's win over Meek in their beef doesn't look as strong today then it did in 2015. Meek was a fool that had poor preparation that heavily relied on the trenches to carry him. I don't put him in the elite class of rappers. Back to back as a song is still a banger...no hate.

Drake shouldn't only be focusing on Kendrick. I think Future could get him outta here too in his own way. :sas2:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Kendrick dont even have to go 100% with his bars to destroy Drake. Look at how he's reacting to those jabs? :dead:

It's different when your sending shots to a producer that don't rap (Metro) because you know he ain't gonna respond.

Even Drake's win over Meek in their beef doesn't look as strong today then it did in 2015. Meek was a fool that had poor preparation that heavily relied on the trenches to carry him. I don't put him in the elite class of rappers. Back to back as a song is still a banger...no hate.

Drake shouldn't only be focusing on Kendrick. I think Future could get him outta here too in his own way. :sas2:
I'm amazed at how dumb Meek is

It ain't an act

No Hook

Feet On Land
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm amazed at how dumb Meek is

It ain't an act

It got so bad, dvd rappers from my city started dissing Drake cause Meek wasn't holding down fort. It was pissing nikkas off

He made an excuse saying he was on tour with Nicki but it was a poor excuse cause a lot of rappers record while on the road

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
These nikkas jockeying for being named the #1, how can acclaim and popularity not play a part in that? Y'all want this to be something personal for some odd reason. These nikkas don't really move in the same circles so I doubt very seriously it's personal.

Despite everything Kenny has accomplished Drake can still "lil bro" him because he gave him the ultimate stimulus. Took him on tour, gave him a spot on Take Care, featured on Poetic Justice, which was one of his first big singles. Kenny wants to show he has now exceeded all that shyt and should be seen as the #1. Drake wants to be friends(attended K.dots tour) and probably didn't want this to go past the subs they had been sending each other for years since that Control verse. So now he is forced into a ring to spar directly so we'll see how it goes. But this is mainly about acclaim and being seeing as the #1 more than it's about anything personal imo.

Nah that shyt would have flown in 2013/2014 but not now. It's been a decade+ since GKMC and Kendrick still here. He's coming off a 110mil tour, another plat album, and will have a feature on the #1 song in the country this week. He can't be lil bro'd at this point, that ship has sailed.

Drake took a lot of guys on tour. Where are they now?

-Cole
-Meek
-French Montana
-Rita Ora
-Wacka
-2 Chainz
-Chief Keef
-ASAP Rocky

Kendrick and Cole are the only ones who are still operating on a major level today. Most of those dudes fell off commercially years ago. Clearly Drake thought Kendrick would be one of the burnouts. Remember that line about who is gonna be around 10 years from now? Well Kendrick still out here poking at the boy, getting him emotional.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
These nikkas jockeying for being named the #1, how can acclaim and popularity not play a part in that? Y'all want this to be something personal for some odd reason. These nikkas don't really move in the same circles so I doubt very seriously it's personal.

Despite everything Kenny has accomplished Drake can still "lil bro" him because he gave him the ultimate stimulus. Took him on tour, gave him a spot on Take Care, featured on Poetic Justice, which was one of his first big singles. Kenny wants to show he has now exceeded all that shyt and should be seen as the #1. Drake wants to be friends(attended K.dots tour) and probably didn't want this to go past the subs they had been sending each other for years since that Control verse. So now he is forced into a ring to spar directly so we'll see how it goes. But this is mainly about acclaim and being seeing as the #1 more than it's about anything personal imo.

Lmao Drake can’t lil Bro Kendrick any more than he can Cole, which is why despite Kendrick wanting to go to war for the past TEN YEARS Drake has kept it as light as he possibly can. Even when he COULD theoretically lil bro’d Kendrick he was scared to do so. Kendrick has been pretty much teflon since To Pimp A Butterfly and definitely seen as that dude since Damn. Kendrick has everything Drake doesn’t and Drake only really has numbers on his side. Nobody is going to care about the fact they went on tour 11 years ago or a feature that Drake did on Kendrick’s album that was released AFTER said album was already certified platinum.

Drake wants to be friends because he knows he CAN’T lil bro Kendrick and because he knows after the Push debacle that he can’t battle nikkas with no skeletons in their closet. He doesn’t have it in him and apparently neither do the ghostwriters.

Kendrick, despite Drake’s little concessions, doesn’t acknowledge Drake unless its to diss him. The reason I say its personal is because even Meek took the olive branch when he and Drake had REAL problems and said some crazy shyt about each other. Chris Brown took the olive branch despite their issues actually leading to violence.

FINALE

💎
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
It was the 4th single off GKMC if you want to include The Recipe. And the only other single at the time that was more successful was Swimming Pools. My original point stands. Not sure why it's so hard for y'all to acknowledge certain things.
I don't acknowledge things that aren't true as true, and you shouldn't either

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Im for whatever disses from whomever involved but the origins of these are weak.

Pillow talking
A rapper doing an album with another rapper
An unfollow on IG
Feeling my album was better than your album

I could see if somebody owed some money, or there was some public flagrant disrespect but these reasons make it kinda laughable
Outside of IG, a whole bunch of beef’s in hip
Hop were started for the same reasons…this ain’t new. LL had a proflic battle with Canibus over a damn line paying homage to the microphone tatted in his shoulder. Dudes don’t need street beef to beef on wax

Last edited:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Wtf we got going on in OVO land :dame:

GJh5oSlaAAANE7V