Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Thats how this type of music is really

word to James Brown
Im not saying it as a diss to him as Kdot doesnt forcefully try to "fit" on the beat

the way he approaches the beat doesnt "clash" with the instrumental the only thing im struggling with when listening is that Kdot feels like an after thought on the track and his delivery is not "right" on this to where Im focused on what he's saying

Meh

Its a cool track nonetheless

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
ok this is fukkign dope.

i never had the inkling to listen to blacker the berry again but this is :wow:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Im not saying it as a diss to him as Kdot doesnt forcefully try to "fit" on the beat

the way he approaches the beat doesnt "clash" with the instrumental the only thing im struggling with when listening is that Kdot feels like an after thought on the track and his delivery is not "right" on this to where Im focused on what he's saying

Meh

Its a cool track nonetheless
I agree :yeshrug:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dont get why hes not putting out a song for the radio. GKMC had at least 2 intentional ones though a lot more made it

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's like he's intentionally aiming at the older crowd with this album. Wasn't part of the appeal of GKMC was the youth appeal? This ain't a criticism. Just an observation. I'm just trying to get the logic how a major label co-signed this marketing. Yes, we know it's going to sell. And maybe that's there thinking. But that's not how usually they think.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Dont get why hes not putting out a song for the radio. GKMC had at least 2 intentional ones though a lot more made it
Because J. Cole showed that you don't need to if you have a core fan base (well Beyonce and Hov really). Cole probably would have sold less if he went the traditional route because there would have been less anticipation because his album lacks that big single. It does not benefit someone like Kendrick to put out singles that may lessen the hype for his complete project at this point. Right now this song is getting mixed reviews on Twitter.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
WHOA......

THIS IS fukkING TRASH. are y'all really serious right now?! I thought the song would be bad but this bad?!

Now I'm convinced that Kendrick can release anything, give a vague pretentious statement about it, buttress it with some cosigns and y'all will slurp it up. Only a stan can bump this.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This track is gonna be polarizing. I can hear the James Brown/Parliament influence in this song and that brought a smile to my face. Hip Hop fans of this generation are gonna either love it or hate it. Funk fans will probably see how great it is. I do :wow:
wait hold up. you going to far back. he's doing a rendition of suga free and dj quik.

even his candence in his flow is suga free ish and i aint even mad. pay homage to the west coasters.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because J. Cole showed that you don't need to if you have a core fan base (well Beyonce and Hov really). Cole probably would have sold less if he went the traditional route because there would have been less anticipation because his album lacks that big single. It does not benefit someone like Kendrick to put out singles that may lessen the hype for his complete project at this point. Right now this song is getting mixed reviews on Twitter.
Yuuup. and i aint mad either. eminem stop making radio songs too. so there that goes. once you do those kind of numbers and tour like a mad man like KL did. you shouldnt have to cater to the "RADIO". make your music for your fans. hopefully it hits. this is the beauty of making an entire body of work with your album. vs a bunch of radio singles. all of his fans are looking for another BODY of work on this album. not just one fire song.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Interesting track but i'm not really feeling it right now.

4db037a2_tumblr_md9g54yQc91qfp9jb.gif

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I see your perspective. But is Apparently really not a radio single? Sure, it's not the typical sound but singing, rapping is radio like. A la Drake. So far with Kendrick, I don't see anything that fits the radio. Again, for those reading, I'm not saying that's bad. I'm just surprised.