Kendrick Lamar is the Kevin Hart of hiphop

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
i'm thinking you should hold your tongue now because your old and it's showing. tried to be civil and you continued being ignorant. i wasn't the one ending every post with 'gtfoh...i say what i want'. you trying to preach instead of discuss and you're taking shyt out of context, you big baby. i'm not saying fukk you for having an opinion, breh. that's immature as hell. im saying from an artist stand point 'fukk anyone that wants to hate on me. let em hate.'. the way you feel about this dude IS the same way i feel about katt. the difference is i don't waste my time hating on katt williams. i take the few things that i like and focus on that instead of being pissed that someone is succeeding. or i change the damn channel.

and there is nothing wrong with talking shyt to your friends when you are all in a competitive business based on showing off. i don't know how familiar you are with the rest of k-dot's music but he's not 'mr. humble'...he's 'micheal jordan, bytch'. he also clowned shyne on 'the jig is up'. i saw k dot live last year before gkmc and i was not impressed. i had a good time and i'm still a fan though. he's still puttin out shyt that moves me enough to support it.

as for kevin, i also was not a fan of his for awhile but then i rewatched somethings and i really think dude is funny. i'm still scust at soul plane but who isn't.

you can't really explain what the hell you're even talking about either! "k-dot/kevin isn't the best ever, therefore they suck. my opinion is paramount. i remember when i liked things...". i get it man. you don't like them. why waste your time with art you don't like? because OTHER people are hyping or supporting them? you know as well as i do that stupid shyt gets popular. that's not going to change. those dudes keep their fans happy so what the fukk problem can you really have if you aren't a fan? they aren't talking to you.
Once again your whole response is basically centered around I SHOULD JUST LEAVE IT BE,IF I DONT LIKE IT. And trying to diagnose why i would give my opinion instead of holding it. I REALLY believe that their buzzes are make believe. And anytime something is heavily pushed,it's going to be heavily judged. That's the consequence. I dont care if you think that i should keep walking if idont like something or have a problem. You handle shyt your way and i'll do the same. As far as you telling me what kendrick probably thinks about naysayers,is that supposed to make me be quiet? Why are you telling me that? I dont need your counseling n how i should spend my time nikka. nikka act like i'm wasting time,discussing hiphop on a hiphop message board,but takes time to try to give a stranger,counseling on what they should and should not say..... :mindblown:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Once again your whole response is basically centered around I SHOULD JUST LEAVE IT BE,IF I DONT LIKE IT. And trying to diagnose why i would give my opinion instead of holding it. I REALLY believe that their buzzes are make believe. And anytime something is heavily pushed,it's going to be heavily judged. That's the consequence. I dont care if you think that i should keep walking if idont like something or have a problem. You handle shyt your way and i'll do the same. As far as you telling me what kendrick probably thinks about naysayers,is that supposed to make me be quiet? Why are you telling me that? I dont need your counseling n how i should spend my time nikka. nikka act like i'm wasting time,discussing hiphop on a hiphop message board,but takes time to try to give a stranger,counseling on what they should and should not say..... :mindblown:

so you truly believe that this dudes didn't work to get where they are and that someone just put money behind them?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
The fact u had nikkas dumbin DOWN not so long ago thinking that was the way to go....seeing dudes like Wale with actual concepts,kendrick who's a spitter with substance,j cole,drake who are taking themselves serious as artist and trying to get better lyrically at the forefront having success,I'm just sayin its a step in the right direction versus the wrong direction:manny:

I actually like Kendrick more than I did last yr when I really thought that nikka and gkmc wuz overated:heh:...any pac,snoop,kurup comparisons yes are retarded
dont let them get you too. This nikka aint shyt. The shyt that was spit on plies first 2 albums > kendrick's so called lyrical shyt

Kendrick is a diet version of a nikka that HAS SOMETHING TO SAY.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
so you truly believe that this dudes didn't work to get where they are and that someone just put money behind them?
I truly believe that money was the deciding factor and they dont have OUTSTANDING talent or projects. They got something but nothing special. Kendrick can rap and kevin has made me laugh but niether has impressed me with anything i've ever seen them do. oh and pap murdered kdot

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I truly believe that money was the deciding factor and they dont have OUTSTANDING talent or projects. They got something but nothing special. Kendrick can rap and kevin has made me laugh but niether has impressed me with anything i've ever seen them do. oh and pap murdered kdot

right on. i'm almost certain that kevin was funding his own tours though. while money is always a factor, i think a decent portion is his own. i can't say the same for kendrick but that diss was some serious shyt. papoose was not joking. i laughed harder at that than kevin hart haha.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dont let them get you too. This nikka aint shyt. The shyt that was spit on plies first 2 albums > kendrick's so called lyrical shyt

Can't deny that at all:salute:...I feel where u comin from and u sound like me ....bein in the mainstream comin under dre,rapping about hood shyt I couldn't help compare him with all the dudes u comparin em too and lookin for the same attributes and thinkin he came up short as fuk....but when I compare him to a Souls of Mishchief who I feel like he probaly got a lot of influence from who goes undercredited imo,when I listen to him in that same vein I like dude a lot more:manny:.

U got the the same feel good vibe,quirky shyt that can be a little weird,poetic/spoken word style,lyricism about equal imo....so I would say I wuz just listenin to em wrong:mjpls:...I will never like Souls Of Mischief more than a nwa or The click bcuz I lean more one way than the other in my taste just like ill never like kendrick over the prototype gangsta rapper..

Lookin at the people u comparin him to do u think maybe u lookin for the wrong attributes in Kendrick?or looking to try to enjoy sumthin uve never enjoyed from just about anybody,and then getting frustrated cuz u don't like it which is normal bcuz that never was your taste anyway? Same wit Kevin Hart,if u never enjoyed Sinbad,steve harvey then kevin hart might not be for u....comparing them to Chris Rock,Chapelle,Patrice Oneal,Eddie,Katt who are more thoughtful,intelligent comedians with social commentary of course u not gon like Kevin Hart...closest comparison is Martin standup wise,but martin had 10 times more ignance and vulgarness in his standup to draw sumbody like me who enjoys a Mike Epps in....sumtimes u just ain't meant to like sumthin that much bcuz u never have:manny:...don't know if its the case with u but it is with a lot of people around here,not just on kendrick but other rappers in general.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Can't deny that at all:salute:...I feel where u comin from and u sound like me ....bein in the mainstream comin under dre,rapping about hood shyt I couldn't help compare him with all the dudes u comparin em too and lookin for the same attributes and thinkin he came up short as fuk....but when I compare him to a Souls of Mishchief who I feel like he probaly got a lot of influence from who goes undercredited imo,when I listen to him in that same vein I like dude a lot more:manny:.

U got the the same feel good vibe,quirky shyt that can be a little weird,poetic/spoken word style,lyricism about equal imo....so I would say I wuz just listenin to em wrong:mjpls:...I will never like Souls Of Mischief more than a nwa or The click bcuz I lean more one way than the other in my taste just like ill never like kendrick over the prototype gangsta rapper..

Lookin at the people u comparin him to do u think maybe u lookin for the wrong attributes in Kendrick?or looking to try to enjoy sumthin uve never enjoyed from just about anybody,and then getting frustrated cuz u don't like it which is normal bcuz that never was your taste anyway? Same wit Kevin Hart,if u never enjoyed Sinbad,steve harvey then kevin hart might not be for u....comparing them to Chris Rock,Chapelle,Patrice Oneal,Eddie,Katt who are more thoughtful,intelligent comedians with social commentary of course u not gon like Kevin Hart...closest comparison is Martin standup wise,but martin had 10 times more ignance and vulgarness in his standup to draw sumbody like me who enjoys a Mike Epps in....sumtimes u just ain't meant to like sumthin that much bcuz u never have:manny:...don't know if its the case with u but it is with a lot of people around here,not just on kendrick but other rappers in general.
I'm just comparing them to dons. nikkaz who were hot and legitimately did something great. As far as hiphop in particular,i dont JUST like gangsta shyt but i love heartfelt rhymes. I love skee-lo's i wish album. He's not great technnally but i feel what he's saying and the beats are banging. Kendrick's so called substance is forced and sounds fake to me. kevin has done nothing special. Every comic and rapper compared him to,did something great though they all did vastly different things from each other. So i'm not looking for a particular style.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

i ain't really tryna go back in on this thread but come on man, just stop it. this is nonsense. OD and Section .80 both said plenty. it might not relate to you but the music is fukking real. plies isn't even a real rapper, dude. i liked his albums too but his comparison right here is extra and clear that this thread ain't nothing but a way to hate that dude. and everytime i post in this thread you be talking that woopty woop, blahzay blah, kendrick, kevin hart, oh my god.

SHUT THE fukk UP!

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
katt is funnier. jay,nas,eminem,drake (whom is not my cup of tea), fat joe's darkside is better than GKMC,alley boy,ross,kanye,etc etc .
AND i dont give a fukk if your displeased by my thread. I felt it, i wrote it and that's that. nikka said they DO THEM,as if they're doing something distinctive or ultra creative lol gtfoh

suge-knight11.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't feel like doing this but it was needed.
Let's start with Kevin Hart. You have a overrated comic that is supposedly the hottest nikka around.
What has he really done. Mostly wack movie roles,,,2 wack stand ups that hit theaters and some youtube videos.
Got the nerve to mention eddies name in vain,when he is nowhere near that level.
Let's compare his so called run,to other nikkas that had it.

Martin: def comedy jam,the martin show,two funny stand ups (you so crazy,run tell that) that hit theaters and some classic movies (bad boys series,big mommas house,life etc)

Chris rock: (SNL is where i became a fan,cb4,new jack city,the chris rock show,many dope stand ups (bigger blacker etc),hosting awards (but actually doing a great job)

Dave chappelle: His main thing was the chappelle show,but it was so undeniable,that's all we need on him

Eddie Murphy the don: SNL classic sketches,Classic movies for around two decades (beverly hills cop series,48 hours and sequel,coming to america,harlem nights,golden child,trading places,boomerrang,nutty professor,dr dolittle,life,shrek)
Stand ups (delirious,RAW)

What has Kevin really done that will talked about years from now? NOTHIN AT ALL

Kendrick is the same shyt just in hiphop. Let''s look at some past hiphop don's.

Juvenile: When "Ha" dropped,everyone was on the edge of their seats for this different sounding shyt. Everyone loved back that azz up,many bumped follow me now,riide with me,ghetto children,off top etc. Everyone was was reciting his verse on RR's "down bottom" This nikka was really hot.

People wanna compare him to biggie and pac,well let's go to that
Biggie: when this nikka dropped READY TO DIE,even if you didint have the album,you knew Juicy,big poppa,warning,one more chance,WORD FOR WORD,not to mention his performance on total's CANT U SEE remix and others. The shyt was undeniable. If you heard the album,you had to know gimme the loot,machine gun funk,me and my bytch,everyday strugglee,unbelievabl etc etc.

2pac: to me 2pac's 1st classic (album) was thuglife. It wasnt heavy pushed commercially,but regardless,look at some of the songs: CRADLE TO THE GRAVE str8 ballin POUR OUT A LIL LIQUOR bury me a g HOW LONG WILL THEY MOURN ME.
Look at me against the world: If i die tonite SO MANY TEARS dear mama DEATH AROUND THE CORNER fukk the world OUTLAW it aint easy etc etc.

I could add many others but i'm sleepy and my point is made

both of them dudes aint shyt and were elected by powerful executives,to become strong in the game,probably kicking back a huge % on what they make on touring etc.

That's why anyone my age can tell they're buzzes dont feel authentic,nothing like the others i named.

:salute:

so much truth in this post. couldn't have said it better myself. that's exactly what's wrong with him. the nikka is a nobody and his music isn't good, yet corny nikkas and cacs hype him up. it makes me angry, because there are actually talented artists out here that those same fakkits will shyt on.

and yes, i agree: kevin hart is NOT funny and is lame as fukk.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You cant be fukking serious

of course he's serious, and he's right. mad nikkas in the streets fukk with ross. they don't fukk with kendrick. and don't bring up the album sales, because most of kendrick's fans are white boys. who gives a fukk what they think?

Superstar
Daps
:dahell: Man this site is full of fukking annoying haters. Kendrick dropped a hot album, that's it. There's no further explanation needed on why he's popular. fukk outta here with your corny comparisons. He might be overrated to you but the majority opinion disagrees, and that's that.