Kendrick Lamar is the Kevin Hart of hiphop

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
both of them have some form of talent,they're just overrated and aint shyt. GKMC is not a dope album or worth bragging about at all. I dont't believe kendrick sold all them records. this nikka aint even hotter than ross,in the real world,mean while his album outsells TD? Bullshyt. And i'm very aware of paper soldiers etc. These companies got internet street teams working hard and putting money all types of places,to pull this off. I dont even hear kendrick's album when i'm out.

:russ: I love this shyt

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Man the anti-Kendrick agenda you nikkas pushing just unbelievable.

Let dude flourish. He's talented and dope. He puts out good music, and it's being heard by a lot of people.

Regardless of his lyrical ability or "skills" his album is well-received, and he is an artist more than deserving of his fanbase and accolades IMO.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
but i'm not the one comparing these dudes to other artists. you are. i like them for them and they aren't even my favorites. i'm not saying they are on anybody else's level. they do them which is another reason why i respect what they do. i disagree with what you're saying but i respect it or i probably wouldn't seriously respond.

you say these guys aren't worth a damn. therefore, the art isn't dependent on them. so, why do they matter when there are plenty of other folks that can do better? you're pointing out nikkas that you deem mediocre and saying 'hey, these nikkas over here are garbage. look at their work, i'll list examples. it sucks right?!'. don't get me wrong, i see where you're coming from but you put it out there to be challenged. so, who IS as good as the people you listed in the OP? you could have just as easily made a "kanye west is the katt williams of hiphop" thread. except nobody is talking about them right now. and if they are "tell em i said suck MY dikk".
katt is funnier. jay,nas,eminem,drake (whom is not my cup of tea), fat joe's darkside is better than GKMC,alley boy,ross,kanye,etc etc .
AND i dont give a fukk if your displeased by my thread. I felt it, i wrote it and that's that. nikka said they DO THEM,as if they're doing something distinctive or ultra creative lol gtfoh

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
katt is funnier. jay,nas,eminem,drake (whom is not my cup of tea), fat joe's darkside is better than GKMC,alley boy,ross,kanye,etc etc .
AND i dont give a fukk if your displeased by my thread. I felt it, i wrote it and that's that. nikka said they DO THEM,as if they're doing something distinctive or ultra creative lol gtfoh
no idea's original, every joke has been told and hiphop was built off of what other people have done.

ha. nikka you said you didn't even want to make this thread. what? you got some obligation to the kendrick/kevin haters club that you gotta meet a quota for shytting on them. i'm not mad that you mad the thread, i'm just stating my opinion on it like you are. katt williams may be funnier, to you and many others, but he's also a fukk up and he's not legendary status. i'd like to see him get straightened out because i enjoy his standup. and shyt, even chappelle's GOAT status is questionable.

as for the rappers, you're talking about nikkas from at least a decade ago for the most part. the others have some more work under their belt. you're going to weigh 2 mixtapes/EPs and an album against someone with a 5-10 album career? and once again, these dudes must be doing something right because you're talking about them! ignore it all you want but the fact is, you lowkey want to like this shyt or you're a snob that thinks they know what art is. when i challenge your point, you want to get salty.

the point here is the art, tho. that's evident, otherwise the comparison of a rapper and comedian wouldn't really work. as an artist, i'll say to you and anyone else, fukk you if you don't like that i'm succeeding. i am going to 'do me'. if i present my take on life and a million people like it and you aren't one of them, then simple and plain...MY ART IS NOT FOR YOU. to be real, i'm glad you don't like it. if you don't like it you can change the channel or stop bytching and make something better your damn self, dude. to rephrase what i said earlier, they don't effect you (unless you want it to). you clearly enjoy hating these nikkas. what would you be doing without them?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's one way to look at it,while I don't think any of these new nikkas including Kendrick is good as the nikkas I came up listening to:manny:.....but to see a black comedian doin good and shinin like Kevin is great motivation for other comics and maybe younger dudes not realizing comedy is they calling.....you look at it as dudes will just be inspired by his style,copy it and not look to be better....which is ridiculous for the simple fact Kendrick,Jcole,Wale,Drakes,Meek and all these new nikkas all look to the nikkas before them who were on top from 90's and the 2000's who were in your own estimation EXTREMLEY talented.....if what your saying is true these new dudes should be extremly talented and equal to the cats from the 90's and even 2000's.

I'm greatful to the Wales,Kendricks,Jcoles,Drakes for showing nikkas a different way is POSSIBLe and profitable,concepts still work...and especially Kendrick this last week bringing lyricism back to the top of SOME nikkas list of priorities....not that I want every nikka to be lyrical but in a era where "I gotta dumb down for the fans" alotta young nikkas believe or use as an excuse as if they complex as Reasonable Doubt Jay:childplease:.....u crazy to be mad about this shyt,as boring and irrelevant the "lyrical" debate can be when it comes to making great music...u should be glad its part of the discusion.:ufdup:

If nikkas can't come behind Kendrick,same way Cube,Pac,Nas Jay,Biggie came behind KRS,ChuckD,Rakim,Big Daddy Kane and build on what they saw and be better,its simply cuz they not better:heh:...u said it yourself that's not even nearly as impossible if its possible:mjpls:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
no idea's original, every joke has been told and hiphop was built off of what other people have done.

ha. nikka you said you didn't even want to make this thread. what? you got some obligation to the kendrick/kevin haters club that you gotta meet a quota for shytting on them. i'm not mad that you mad the thread, i'm just stating my opinion on it like you are. katt williams may be funnier, to you and many others, but he's also a fukk up and he's not legendary status. i'd like to see him get straightened out because i enjoy his standup. and shyt, even chappelle's GOAT status is questionable.

as for the rappers, you're talking about nikkas from at least a decade ago for the most part. the others have some more work under their belt. you're going to weigh 2 mixtapes/EPs and an album against someone with a 5-10 album career? and once again, these dudes must be doing something right because you're talking about them! ignore it all you want but the fact is, you lowkey want to like this shyt or you're a snob that thinks they know what art is. when i challenge your point, you want to get salty.

the point here is the art, tho. that's evident, otherwise the comparison of a rapper and comedian wouldn't really work. as an artist, i'll say to you and anyone else, fukk you if you don't like that i'm succeeding. i am going to 'do me'. if i present my take on life and a million people like it and you aren't one of them, then simple and plain...MY ART IS NOT FOR YOU. to be real, i'm glad you don't like it. if you don't like it you can change the channel or stop bytching and make something better your damn self, dude. to rephrase what i said earlier, they don't effect you (unless you want it to). you clearly enjoy hating these nikkas. what would you be doing without them?
never said katt was legend,,asked whom was better RIGHT NOW and i named them. nas and jay were better at 26 than kendrick is now d they are currently better than him. I dont mind beiing challenged,but you acted as if i shouldn't of made the thread and i should just ignore if i dont like them. I didnt agree with that stance and i addressed THAT. Chappelle was brought up because he's been the center of comedy before but really had something of greatness that EVERYONE LOVED , not a bunch of weak shyt like kevin. They are doing something right,which is being under the people they are under. And once again you're telling me i should hold my tongue. But like i said i'm here for discussion and i won't stop. By the way,FUKK YOU TOO nikka. No snob at all. I'm just old enough to remember nikkas really putting it down and really being hot,not some force fed fraudulent shyt. First this nikka was mr humble when shyne spoke negative of his weak ass muisc.Now he's mr. pop off at his friends. This shyt is fake as fukk . Any real nikka can tell. Is kendrick headlining his OWN tour? Like the hard knock life tour,no way out tour etc? might have to see him live to become a fan.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
That's one way to look at it,while I don't think any of these new nikkas including Kendrick is good as the nikkas I came up listening to:manny:.....but to see a black comedian doin good and shinin like Kevin is great motivation for other comics and maybe younger dudes not realizing comedy is they calling.....you look at it as dudes will just be inspired by his style,copy it and not look to be better....which is ridiculous for the simple fact Kendrick,Jcole,Wale,Drakes,Meek and all these new nikkas all look to the nikkas before them who were on top from 90's and the 2000's who were in your own estimation EXTREMLEY talented.....if what your saying is true these new dudes should be extremly talented and equal to the cats from the 90's and even 2000's.

I'm greatful to the Wales,Kendricks,Jcoles,Drakes for showing nikkas a different way is POSSIBLe and profitable,concepts still work...and especially Kendrick this last week bringing lyricism back to the top of SOME nikkas list of priorities....not that I want every nikka to be lyrical but in a era where "I gotta dumb down for the fans" alotta young nikkas believe or use as an excuse as if they complex as Reasonable Doubt Jay:childplease:.....u crazy to be mad about this shyt,as boring and irrelevant the "lyrical" debate can be when it comes to making great music...u should be glad its part of the discusion.:ufdup:

If nikkas can't come behind Kendrick,same way Cube,Pac,Nas Jay,Biggie came behind KRS,ChuckD,Rakim,Big Daddy Kane and build on what they saw and be better,its simply cuz they not better:heh:...u said it yourself that's not even nearly as impossible if its possible:mjpls:
you impressed by this shyt,my nikka? i'm NOT. And nikkas shooting low trying to outdo kendrick. They gon have to go further back. I honestly believe his buzz is 100% false and payed for. If hear him being compared to pac,which people have done. Then i got a problem cause he didnt remotely put it down like that.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The mentality of haters I will never understand. If your favorite underground rapper blew up toys start hating on him too even if he still put out quality music.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
never said katt was legend,,asked whom was better RIGHT NOW and i named them. nas and jay were better at 26 than kendrick is now d they are currently better than him. I dont mind beiing challenged,but you acted as if i shouldn't of made the thread and i should just ignore if i dont like them. I didnt agree with that stance and i addressed THAT. Chappelle was brought up because he's been the center of comedy before but really had something of greatness that EVERYONE LOVED , not a bunch of weak shyt like kevin. They are doing something right,which is being under the people they are under. And once again you're telling me i should hold my tongue. But like i said i'm here for discussion and i won't stop. By the way,FUKK YOU TOO nikka. No snob at all. I'm just old enough to remember nikkas really putting it down and really being hot,not some force fed fraudulent shyt. First this nikka was mr humble when shyne spoke negative of his weak ass muisc.Now he's mr. pop off at his friends. This shyt is fake as fukk . Any real nikka can tell. Is kendrick headlining his OWN tour? Like the hard knock life tour,no way out tour etc? might have to see him live to become a fan.

i'm thinking you should hold your tongue now because your old and it's showing. tried to be civil and you continued being ignorant. i wasn't the one ending every post with 'gtfoh...i say what i want'. you trying to preach instead of discuss and you're taking shyt out of context, you big baby. i'm not saying fukk you for having an opinion, breh. that's immature as hell. im saying from an artist stand point 'fukk anyone that wants to hate on me. let em hate.'. the way you feel about this dude IS the same way i feel about katt. the difference is i don't waste my time hating on katt williams. i take the few things that i like and focus on that instead of being pissed that someone is succeeding. or i change the damn channel.

and there is nothing wrong with talking shyt to your friends when you are all in a competitive business based on showing off. i don't know how familiar you are with the rest of k-dot's music but he's not 'mr. humble'...he's 'micheal jordan, bytch'. he also clowned shyne on 'the jig is up'. i saw k dot live last year before gkmc and i was not impressed. i had a good time and i'm still a fan though. he's still puttin out shyt that moves me enough to support it.

as for kevin, i also was not a fan of his for awhile but then i rewatched somethings and i really think dude is funny. i'm still scust at soul plane but who isn't.

you can't really explain what the hell you're even talking about either! "k-dot/kevin isn't the best ever, therefore they suck. my opinion is paramount. i remember when i liked things...". i get it man. you don't like them. why waste your time with art you don't like? because OTHER people are hyping or supporting them? you know as well as i do that stupid shyt gets popular. that's not going to change. those dudes keep their fans happy so what the fukk problem can you really have if you aren't a fan? they aren't talking to you.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you impressed by this shyt,my nikka? i'm NOT. And nikkas shooting low trying to outdo kendrick. They gon have to go further back. I honestly believe his buzz is 100% false and payed for. If hear him being compared to pac,which people have done. Then i got a problem cause he didnt remotely put it down like that.

The fact u had nikkas dumbin DOWN not so long ago thinking that was the way to go....seeing dudes like Wale with actual concepts,kendrick who's a spitter with substance,j cole,drake who are taking themselves serious as artist and trying to get better lyrically at the forefront having success,I'm just sayin its a step in the right direction versus the wrong direction:manny:

I actually like Kendrick more than I did last yr when I really thought that nikka and gkmc wuz overated:heh:...any pac,snoop,kurup comparisons yes are retarded