Kendrick Lamar is officially an awful rap artist.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
@Art Barr 's rep should be permenantly and irrevocably tarnished from this point on. Most posters have tolerated his incoherent gibberish for FAR too long as some sort of "elder statesmen" of Hip Hop whose views have been stuck so far up his ass that he still thinks Big Daddy Kane's last album was released yesterday and that he's going onstage with Rakim in 15 minutes. This dude is a c00n who just caped for the WORST poster on the Booth.

shyt is disgusting caping for a Cac on some

I fukks with Art Barr, so I never thought he'd go out like that. Never.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
@Art Barr 's rep should be permenantly and irrevocably tarnished from this point on. Most posters have tolerated his incoherent gibberish for FAR too long as some sort of "elder statesmen" of Hip Hop whose views have been stuck so far up his ass that he still thinks Big Daddy Kane's last album was released yesterday and that he's going onstage with Rakim in 15 minutes. This dude is a c00n who just caped for the WORST poster on the Booth.

shyt is disgusting caping for a Cac on some

:russ:

"Mel will always be....my friend" - Art

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
as far as the topic of the thread.

eh..far from awful, he's a good writer thats developing into a great artist but his style is grating now and again.
i don't care for him on 80% of the features he does.

i go back to his more "spacier" stuff the most but i like that none of his albums sound alike...progress as an artist.

my biggest fear was that his follow up to GKMC (i can't say i remember the last time i listened to this) is that he was going to put out a corny Eminem style album but he thankfully went the opposite and crafted a beautifully sounding album, which the music was so good Kendrick up being the worst thing about it. (i don't like King Kunta specifically because of Kendrick)

Control might be the most ridiculous, overrated "moment" in rap...i wouldn't put the blame at Kendricks door there though.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Okay. I find the video juvenile. It panders. It wreaks of a career on the decline that's goin' the nikka route to drum up traffic. I, as a person who knows really smart black people and grew up in a crack addled area am off put by it. It's goofy.

K Dot had a legit spark once. He's faltered. If you've been around as long as I have, you've seen this before. it's not a racial indictment.
This video is far from juvenile(and u know it troll)...it's breaking down how simple things are if you could see the truth behind the walls(like a fly on the wall)you think it's a whore house but it's just a house party...or you think t crews and ken are going to rob something and it's just a talent show...or you think the cops are there to harass but buddy hit the cop car on the way in...the concept is actually ultra intelligent...usually the TRUTH is SIMPLE...

What's was the last video u saw that u felt was intelligent other than Kendrick's videos (or big krit)...I'll wait:stopitslime:

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Okay. I find the video juvenile. It panders. It wreaks of a career on the decline that's goin' the nikka route to drum up traffic. I, as a person who knows really smart black people and grew up in a crack addled area am off put by it. It's goofy.

K Dot had a legit spark once. He's faltered. If you've been around as long as I have, you've seen this before. it's not a racial indictment.
The video is visually appealing, although it doesnt seem to mesh with the song. i like it because the pans, zooms, and tracking shots were nice, also the lighting was dope. Cinematically it reminded me of a fresher version of Gin&Juice.

RicoSuave

kickin' it live
Daps
this whole thread

full

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
i said this before all cacs who are into Rap dislike rappers that talk about race matters... Example @biscuitsnbangers she loves Drake/ASAP etc etc but she hates both Kendrick and J cole she throws a little shade on them here but she full on talks about her dislike of them on KTT..... then when i saw her twitter she straight said Drake,j cole and a Kendrick collaboration is going to be shyt because Kendrick and Cole will bring drake down :martin:. these cas will support rap with no purpose, but when there is a rapper who talks on real matters he is boring etc etc. @PhonZhi :snoop: i don't want to hate on rap like you..... do but i am seeing now cacs love to talk about and hype up negative rap, over the positive rap that is being made by Kendrick and Cole