Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

BronxFleeZ

We here man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gun Hill Forreal
The very first time I shot me a Drac', the homie had told me to aim it this way

I didn't point down enough, today, I'll show you l learned from those mistakes...

Let’s unpack this this…… when he first went at drake 10 years ago he had high regards of him (was aiming too high). The homie (Time). Showed him drake was actually beneath him (aiming lower to hit him). He is actually acknowledging that he saw drake in high regards but learned from his mistakes. BALL fukkING GAME! I love hip hop!!!
I FEEL LIKE THE "HOMIE" IS BIG HOMIE......

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Absolutely. That’s his only play. And we know he is the encyclopedia of IG bytches. So I’m pretty sure that’s his angle

And that’s where Drake not being of the culture comes into play. He has no morals, no codes. So I wouldn’t put it past him to lie. Like he could come out and say ‘shorty told me you like ass play :dame:‘. His fanbase and others will run with it. That’s a wounded animal I put nothing past him. And he’s already used AI no tellin what he’d do
Speaking about culture, Drake is also culture vulture. Man had so many different gimmicks during his run, styles, and bars. But we not going to get into that :sas2:.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
"He said the same thing everyone else said." ...No. That whole first part/verse is a different ring.

Them super powers gettin' neutralized, I can only watch in silence
The famous actor we once knew is lookin' paranoid and now spiralin'
You're movin' just like a degenerate, every antic is feelin' distasteful

I calculate you're not as calculated, I can even predict your angle
Fabricatin' stories on the family front 'cause you heard
Mr. Morale
A pathetic master manipulator, I can smell the tales on you now
You'rе not a rap artist, you a scam artist with the hopes of being accеpted
Tommy Hilfiger stood out, but FUBU never had been your collection
I make music that electrify 'em, you make music that pacify 'em
I can double down on that line, but spare you this time, that's random acts of kindness
Know you a master manipulator and habitual liar too
But don't tell no lie about me and I won't tell truths 'bout you

You think Drake ever heard that on wax?

I'm not aware of anyone hitting Drake with the groomer subliminal before Kendrick. Also haven't heard anyone go at J Prince like Kendrick did, but maybe someone did that and I forgot.

To me this is proof positive that a lot of people not listening to rap shyt beyond the surface, which is why they...love Drake. We can all yell and make crazy faces at "you wear size 7 shoes" or "Metro shut your ho ass up and make some drums nikka." Basically the same type of casuals who thought Nas was talking about John D Rockefeller...

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Kendrick just doesn’t know how to make enjoyable songs.

His flow is trash, voice changes are corny and he can’t stay on a beat. Even the energy on the track wasn’t there. When you’re trying to diss somebody, people need to believe you actually want the smoke. Kendrick sounded like he wanted to invite Drake over for some sea moss bean soda.

Despite what you think about his lyrics, all of that matters.

One of the most popular rappers of all time doesn't know how to make enjoyable songs :dead:

You weirdos will just say anything :pachaha:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Kendrick just doesn’t know how to make enjoyable songs.

His flow is trash, voice changes are corny and he can’t stay on a beat
. Even the energy on the track wasn’t there. When you’re trying to diss somebody, people need to believe you actually want the smoke. Kendrick sounded like he wanted to invite Drake over for some sea moss bean soda.

Despite what you think about his lyrics, all of that matters.
I liked the track but the bolded is why i dont listen to Kendrick overall

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Like I said, nobody is losing their life over this corny beef and no one is losing fans so at the end of the day I don't really give a fukk who wins or who the people says wins

I'm just here for the music :yeshrug:

This ain't gonna turn into some West Coast vs The North shyt

93 til

Superstar
Daps
No one in this game is 100% neutral. Everyone has relationships and their own agendas. cmon you should be smarter then this

Thank you for proving my point :dead:

Back in school when it was time to write a paper what did the teacher tell you to do? Site your sources. Why? So that you ensure that the information received is credible and unbiased.

It is up to the audience to do their due diligence to listen to the songs, read the reviews and listen to opinions on BOTH sides before drawing their own conclusions.

The thing is if somebody said "I listened to both, but I prefer Drake", I can respect it because it comes from a genuine place in regards to taste in music. However, you're pulling information from nikkas that literally broke bread with Drake and treat their opinion as gospel. Their opinion been compromised.

Listening to Cam, Mase, DJ Akademics, etc. talk about Drake is like expecting objectivity from Shams, Rachel Nichols, Brian Windhorst and Shannon Sharpe when talking about LeBron.

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
This is a bad take. I'm rooting for Dot but he's actually the one who made a mistake here.

Dot rhymed his ass off and dissected him, flow was kinda meh in certain parts... wish he would have made a club record like Humble. Either way, he didn't really dig into anything new that hasn't already been said, hes obviously saving for next round.

But dot being so private about his life is the biggest exposure point for him since he didn't go for a knockout. We know a lot about drake, but not so much about kendrick.

If drake can find some weak links w/ dot it's a knockout. He should have nuked drake 1st round.
What would be a nuke in your opinion? Seems like people who say that want Dot to drop some messy insider chatty patty shyt, and we all know Kendrick is not that type of rapper

Given the playing field I feel like Euphoria was a solid diss...six minutes of eviscerating Drake's character will go farther than some chatty patty gossip bars