Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Cam loves Drake after the Dipset love he showed few years back. Obvious he was going to ride with him

There were some that thought Takeover > Ether. It is what it is but majority of us knew the truth, even as Jay stans we knew Nas had it.

Nah breh, I lived it in real time...there were Jigga stans who made the argument Takeover was a better song and was fact-based...but most objective ppl knew Nas sonned Jigga on Ether

The reactions to Ether in real time left ppl shocked...the world stopped in Dec 2001

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cam loves Drake after the Dipset love he showed few years back. Obvious he was going to ride with him

There were some that thought Takeover > Ether. It is what it is but majority of us knew the truth, even as Jay stans we knew Nas had it.
I think that’s the difference between the generations. We knew Ether was the “better” diss record but objectively Takeover is a better song. Jay knew how potent Ether was which is why he had to go gloves off for Supa Ugly :scust:

We know Nas is a great rapper and artist, no shame in admitting that

Kendrick stans will never admit that Drake has ever made a good record :mjlol:

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
it’s a consensus in my circle that Dot won. I haven’t heard anyone IRL call this diss wack or even mid.

All the YouTube reactions are loving this joint.

Drake Stans are working overtime on TheColi to manipulate perception.

It's even worse on Twitter

SpacedOutGeek

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis,TN
This where I think Kendrick made a mistake . I got this song way better than push up as far as disses goes . However it wasn’t a knockout . If Kendrick doesn’t knock out Drake the media siding with Drake . Pusha got Drake with the knockout blow .

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Ether is a sacred cow on this website.

And I personally think No Vaseline is better, that's not even my west coast bias speaking ( :king: Inglewood :king: )

I ALREADY KNEW it was going to take this direction.

:pachaha:

"Hip-Hop Heads" try to Lil Bro Kendrick and "You not ready" or "You not really him" a dude who has
proven himself for nearly 15 years at this point.

:pachaha:

Ain't a single bar in Ether that anyone can point too as more technically competent.
The beat ain't nothing to write home about.

The POWER in Ether is the PURE VITRIOL in the words that Nas had for the GOAT.

Kendrick basically took that No Vaseline/Ehter/Hit Em Up angle.

It was direct.
Filled with punchlines.
And switches beats/themes multiple times.

There is literally no angle on this record where it's NOT text book Hip-Hop.
This is a fukking student of the game performing at a high level.

Like I said, there is some obvious hate when it comes to Kendrick and I don't get it.
No Vaseline really is the most aggressive “fukk you” mainstream diss of alltime imo.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Neither does Drake but I agree there are industry people who simply don't fukk with Kendrick. Also I wouldn't call Ak, Mal, Rory etc the industry. They're dikk riders, and they're clearly being given access to OVO in exchange for nice words. It's an interesting play, not gonna lie. And in an era where the only thing that matters is engagement/clicks/views, you are guaranteed that the biggest influencers can just react to whatever you do with astonishment in order to convince people you won. Even the Kendrick reactions yesterday play into this, to be fair. Listening to a track while going "meh" isn't going to bring in the views or go viral.
Most of the people here are going off of our own reactions.
Nothing you said applies to 98% of the people who listened to the track.
Also who the fukk watches reaction videos??????????????

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I remember reading in the Push Ups thread how the OGs will help determine a winner...Gillie comes out saying the Kenny diss is lowkey trash, Cam and Mase say Drake is winning...but nikkas on the Coli feel otherwise

There's no objectivity in the world today...if Drake drops some heat later this week, OGs will be objective and the coli will say it's trash lol

So you can only be objective if you think Drake is winning? Got it.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked Push Ups for the record, but I take anything industry brehs say with a massive grain of salt. Especially consider Drakes gone out of his way to maitnain good relationships and show love to most of them.