Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The booth is in a weird space where it refuses to acknowledge modern day legendary rappers.

Hip-Hop basically ended on December 4th, 2001 for many of these posters.

Dudes don't realize we just participated in what many Younger Millenials and Gen Z Hip-Hop fans will call a legendary Hip-Hop battle.

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I’m pretty sure THOSE aren’t the women he’s referring to. He’s referring to women like the mother of his child, Jhonni Blaze who exchanged the clap with him, and the various strippers (specifically in Houston) who more than likely fukked Drake for some clout and hush money
U cant pick and choose lol

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Let’s say Drake goes down this road.

What has Drake done to stand on as far as the black community goes? Gods Plan video?

There’s no way he’d throw that stone considering the glass tower he lives in.

Shea Butter Twitter mad Kendrick’s girl is light skin. Keep it a buck. All that extra juelzing ain’t track worthy.
That would be an absolutely terrible route for Drake to take lmao. Drake would have the nerve to question what somebody else has done and question somebody else’s blackness when he has pics in blackface, made an IG post attempting to explain his way out of blackface, talking about “showing the dualities of a black man” when he himself said he’s never felt any type of discrimination being that he was raised in Canada, on top of saying how much the Jewish experience has meant to him and how that shaped his identify. Drake is literally black adjacent and has never faced any type of black plight to relate growing up and that was a big portion of “Euphoria”. He’s a mostly Jewish man that started getting in touch with his Black side once he started listening to Little Brother and the Clipse in 2005.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Its a good diss but this Ether talk needs to STOP.

Its not comparable to Ether. Ether was a direct tear down of Jay-Z’s entire persona. There was absolutely nothing to decipher when it comes to Ether, Nas took the direct and vicious approach whereas Euphoria is multi-layered and dense. The fact that Kendrick directly approached this particular diss with the “you need to listen multiple times to catch all the entendres” means its not comparable to Ether.
This doesn’t even make sense lol.

We just heard Kendrick do a direct tear down of his persona, did we not listen to the same record?

Did Kendrick not dismiss his blackness, his ability as a father, his questionable choice in women, his lack of self, his corny nature,

The most scathing things Nas said was fukk Jay Z, you a p*ssy, you hate women and you copied Biggie.

Somehow it sounds like you’re penalizing the complexities even though all of it is done simultaneously with a direct approach.

The only thing I could possibly think is you WANT Kendrick to long talk about said various issues I mentioned because it can’t be from an exposal perspective since Nas didn’t do that (the foxy line doesn’t count) and it can’t be from anything vicious cuz 36 in a karate class and tae-bo hoe ain’t really the hill you want to stand on.

It just sounds like you hold Ether near and dear to your heart and don’t want anything compared to it so you’re going to hold personal nitpicks as a reason why you can’t judge the two and that’s dumb.

It has the impact, it’s doing the numbers, I didn’t say it is Ether 2.0 but you can absolutely hold it in the same sentence.

People don’t wanna say it cuz they don’t wanna get scoffed at but we can listen to both records and it’s clear as day.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ether is a sacred cow on this website.

And I personally think No Vaseline is better, that's not even my west coast bias speaking ( :king: Inglewood :king: )

I ALREADY KNEW it was going to take this direction.

:pachaha:

"Hip-Hop Heads" try to Lil Bro Kendrick and "You not ready" or "You not really him" a dude who has
proven himself for nearly 15 years at this point.

:pachaha:

Ain't a single bar in Ether that anyone can point too as more technically competent.
The beat ain't nothing to write home about.

The POWER in Ether is the PURE VITRIOL in the words that Nas had for the GOAT.

Kendrick basically took that No Vaseline/Ehter/Hit Em Up angle.

It was direct.
Filled with punchlines.
And switches beats/themes multiple times.

There is literally no angle on this record where it's NOT text book Hip-Hop.
This is a fukking student of the game performing at a high level.

Like I said, there is some obvious hate when it comes to Kendrick and I don't get it.

Last edited:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick wife’s mom is half Albanian and Argentinian…: Albanians and Argentinians are stone cold racist :hubie:

So homegirl might be on to something
This mixed angle folks are taking is stupid. Kendrick isn’t talking about Drake not being black, moreso his upbringing. U can be black and still have no connection to a culture. White washing is a term folks don’t understand

Edit: there’s a term, “he’s not one of us”… which I don’t always agree with.. but the best example is probably the RG3 Bull shyt. Difference is, he’s not running around saying “nikka”. And I have no problem with rg3

Last edited:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Can you imagine the ENERGY the first time Kendrick performs this LIVE?? :ohlawd:

BOM BOM -- LAST ONE
HEADSHOT FOR THE YEAR
YOU BETTER WALK AROUND LIKE DAFT PUNK

Then goes into the Cassidy flow :wow:

Would be absolute EUPHORIA :blessed:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Because they’re not as talented but to sit here and try to downplay and say Drake hasn’t helped the Careers of many many of his generation up and coming artists is just straight up hate.

Crazy thing is many of these nikkaz are on record saying Drake never charged them for features.

Dot addressed this. All of these artists, successful or not has that thing that can't be bought or sold. Drake certainly benefited by standing next to these folks. Idgaf about $ when him and Lucian lucifer Grange have a sweetheart deal.

Last edited: