Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Corporate entities typically avoid rapper beefs so its a bit strange to see them step into the middle of it.
Bunch of companies were posting memes shytting on Meek during his beef with Drake.
that's why its expected that the NFL would tap into that local New orleans culture if they are picking a rapper to perform since they got Goat level rappers there that derseve that shine.
Beyonce performed the last time they were in NO.

And Wayne isn't a good performer any more.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bunch of companies were posting memes shytting on Meek during his beef with Drake.

Beyonce performed the last time they were in NO.

And Wayne isn't a good performer any more.

I'm not talking about random tweets from social media interns. I'm talking about giving an artist the biggest platform in the world to continue or fan the flames of a beef. Imagine the superbowl letting pac perform hit em up we he was beefing with bad boy and the east coast.

There was no push cause Superbowl didnt used to even have rappers perform. And the reason was they wanted family friendly performances and to avoid all the nonsense that comes with rappers performing.. all the beefs, violence etc.. Now they just gonna step right into it? They really want cash money goons patrolling and making LA cats check in that weekend? Some nonsense is guaranteed to pop off now.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My 2 cents.

First off neither drake nor kendrick should have been picked. The beef is too fresh and not fully resolved and Kendricks recent popularity is only due to his diss record. Regardless of whatever PR statement rocnation and the nfl makes it appears like they are taking sides and dissing as well. Corporate entities typically avoid rapper beefs so its a bit strange to see them step into the middle of it. It seems like Jay is snubbing wayne to take a cheap shot at drake. Whether that true or not doesnt matter. Thats what it looks like due to the freshness of the beef and wayne is caught in the crosshairs.

Next. New orleans is not LA or new york etc. Its a much smaller city with a strong cultural identity you can only experience in new orleans. LA is an international city but you can get the west coast vibe outside of just LA. So that's why its expected that the NFL would tap into that local New orleans culture if they are picking a rapper to perform since they got Goat level rappers there that derseve that shine.

Lastly, culturally, black people dont really rock with kendricks music like that outside a few tracks compared to lil wayne, cash money etc.. Most people in the culture played wayne and them 10x more than kendrick. Kendrick makes music that is more acceptable and accessible to white folks. Thats a fact and that contributed to him getting the show. You could never put kendricks influence on the game and the culture over wayne and cash money.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
You bozos thinking this beef is between Drake and Kenny when it’s really between Drake and Jayz lol

None of this shyt is a coincidence…
I used to wanna be on Roc-A-Fella, then I turned into Jay

- Drake (Summer Sixteen)

I'm God, G is the 7th letter made
So when my arms and feet shackled, I still get paid
All praises due
I'm ready to chase the Yakub back into caves!!

- Jay-Z (We Made It freestyle)

Translation for the dummies, Jay-Z said:

And now we here :sas2::sas2::sas2:

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
The obvious play is that Wayne already agreed to come out during Kendrick’s performance to spite Drake and Nicki. Wayne will get invited into the elite RocNation brunch circles for helping to send the message to his protégés that they got too big to go against the program.

Pretty clear at this point, as folks keep alluding to it.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I used to wanna be on Roc-A-Fella, then I turned into Jay

- Drake (Summer Sixteen)

I'm God, G is the 7th letter made
So when my arms and feet shackled, I still get paid
All praises due
I'm ready to chase the Yakub back into caves!!

- Jay-Z (We Made It freestyle)

Translation for the dummies, Jay-Z said:

And now we here :sas2::sas2::sas2:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The obvious play is that Wayne already agreed to come out during Kendrick’s performance to spite Drake and Nicki. Wayne will get invited into the elite RocNation brunch circles for helping to send the message to his protégés that they got too big to go against the program.

Pretty clear at this point, as folks keep alluding to it.
Why would Wayne agree to that when him and Jay got issues?

ReasonableMatic

Daps

jay-z-laughing.gif