Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I think the Hip Hop blogosphere is making more of this than what it actually is.

Jay and the TEAM that pick the artists for performances probably saw the Pop Out Concert viewership, the biggest song of the year, the past highly lauded public performances, the tour grosses, the critical acclaim and the staying power of the catalog and said “Kendrick’s the guy”. Lil Wayne isn’t at the peak of his career anymore but Kendrick is SQUARE within it. I’d bet there was a shortlist of 3-5 acts they were considering and Wayne was nowhere NEAR it. His name probably never came up. Kendrick’s got the culture in the palm of his hand right now, it only makes sense that if your going to go rap, you go Kendrick.

People just ignoring this to run with their Narrative like Kendrick isn't the obvious choice this year of all rap acts.
Regardless of where the SB is being held this is the obvious choice.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You nikkas are weird. Very weird. No one gives a fukk about Nicki. Meg is Roc Nation and Nicki mad about it. That’s it. Jay Z was just on Drake’s album. Wayne was just next to Jay at Fanatics Fest.

You guys are weird.
Guys have invented an entire soap opera universe in their heads.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall reading way too much into this while ignoring reality. Yes, I agree Jay doesn't fukk with Drake and it's probably for the same reason a LOT of industry people (rappers and execs) don't fukk with Drake. Which I won't re-litigate, we already spoke on that shyt for months. And we know Jay doesn't fukk with Birdman. But Wayne is not some collateral damage case...he was never in this discussion. He's a terrible performer, he looks like shyt, he's an addict, he's disorganized and has a shytty team. You are more familiar with Jay than most of us....do these sound like things that JAY Z wants to bet on, or attach himself to? Because all those things sound like the exact opposite of what Jay is about.

If a rapper outside of Jay was going to do the Super Bowl it was going to be Eminem, Drake, or Kendrick. Nobody else matters or is contention for this type of platform.
Read somewhere that this is Jay's last year of his partnership with the NFL. Wayne would've fukked up any chance of an extension if Jay wanted and we'd be watching The Eagles perform next year.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Bro imma keep it real. I'm not the biggest fan of rappers performing for the Superbowl all around and Kendrick is HANDS DOWN the better performer. But this shyt Jay do is strategic as fukk. Honestly the best bet would've been Nicki but Roc Nation and Nicki have a public beef and he also don't fukk wit Drake. It's def a Young Money and Roc Nation issue brodie. Lol. I'm not mad I'm just pointing out to nikkas that there's more behind the scenes wit this shyt than Kendrick being Kendrick.

I don't know anything about a Nicki beef, never heard that. Not saying you're wrong, I'm sure you're right. I just never read about that.

Jay is strategic sure. At the same time I think Kendrick put himself into this conversation by dominating the year. The battle, the hit record, the energy of the pop out show. If Jay had a top 5 list in January 2024 of who he was thinking of for the SB, I'd imagine Kendrick was at the bottom of the list. 6-7 months later he was probably at the top of the list.

Do I think Jay is strategic (and petty)? Hell yes. But no one can convince me that Wayne was ever in real consideration for this, given his struggles and how TERRIBLE of a performer he is. A better argument IMO would be that Drake should have gotten this, and then he could bringing out Wayne for a song. If you want to say Jay doesn't fukk with Drake and that's the reason....fine. But people gotta just admit Wayne is not in this convo lol.

king1117

fukkery
Daps
Reppin
NY/VA
Yeah Jay and K Dot had to be working this for months then Aubrey and his dikkriders decided let’s jump off the cliff in may and he unintentionally got involved in one of the greatest promotional campaigns of all time

And this is all cause his fans can’t stop dikkriding and be truthful with him. Wayne was just a casualty lmfaooo.

:russ:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I could give a fukk less about Super Bowl but if Jay choose Kendrick over Lil Wayne so we can finally put Drake in a casket....

Then...

bert-kreischer-lets-do-it.gif

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
The best part about this is you just know Kendrick about to drop an album that sets the whole world on fire. We gettin money trees/swimming pools Kendrick. Nothing but bangers :wow:.....this is gonna be something crazy:banderas:

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick's announcement getting more views than Drake's biggest hit :wow: