Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Keeping it a buck, I’ll rather see Juvenile perform at the Super Bowl than Lil Wayne. He deserves it just off GP and being a more talented performer.

But I understand the lineage between Kendrick and Lil Wayne. A lot of early Dot was Wayne inspired. I wouldn’t be mad if Dot brought him out to perform 1-2 songs and quickly move it along.

Wayne being a headliner? Nah…..Wayne in the booth and Wayne on stage are 2 completely different nikkas lol. Save the embarrassment…..

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Like I said before. This aint even a problem with Kendrick cause this aint Kendrick fault. Jay pulled that move for a reason tho and any nikka denying that is delusional. Son got an issue with Nicki and Drake. I didn't even know about his issue with Birdman. But Wayne suffering for it. Lol
You nikkas are weird. Very weird. No one gives a fukk about Nicki. Meg is Roc Nation and Nicki mad about it. That’s it. Jay Z was just on Drake’s album. Wayne was just next to Jay at Fanatics Fest.

You guys are weird.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne aint got the stage presence, eye for spectacle, or catalog for a Super Bowl.:yeshrug:

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick 5 - 0 Drake
Kendrick 1 - 0 Lil Wayne

Who's next? :russ: Nicki Minaj, want to have a try baby girl? :mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yall reading way too much into this while ignoring reality. Yes, I agree Jay doesn't fukk with Drake and it's probably for the same reason a LOT of industry people (rappers and execs) don't fukk with Drake. Which I won't re-litigate, we already spoke on that shyt for months. And we know Jay doesn't fukk with Birdman. But Wayne is not some collateral damage case...he was never in this discussion. He's a terrible performer, he looks like shyt, he's an addict, he's disorganized and has a shytty team. You are more familiar with Jay than most of us....do these sound like things that JAY Z wants to bet on, or attach himself to? Because all those things sound like the exact opposite of what Jay is about.

If a rapper outside of Jay was going to do the Super Bowl it was going to be Eminem, Drake, or Kendrick. Nobody else matters or is contention for this type of platform.
Bro imma keep it real. I'm not the biggest fan of rappers performing for the Superbowl all around and Kendrick is HANDS DOWN the better performer. But this shyt Jay do is strategic as fukk. Honestly the best bet would've been Nicki but Roc Nation and Nicki have a public beef and he also don't fukk wit Drake. It's def a Young Money and Roc Nation issue brodie. Lol. I'm not mad I'm just pointing out to nikkas that there's more behind the scenes wit this shyt than Kendrick being Kendrick.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You nikkas are weird. Very weird. No one gives a fukk about Nicki. Meg is Roc Nation and Nicki mad about it. That’s it. Jay Z was just on Drake’s album. Wayne was just next to Jay at Fanatics Fest.

You guys are weird.
nikka if u ain't do no research on the issue please shut the fukk up cause there's a long history of issues there. Other artists and people behind the scenes have spoken on it. As well as Atlantic's sabotage.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

You guys are weird.

just now reading through this thread and these weirdos doing this shyt in here too? :dead: :dead:

yeah, jay definitely has an agenda for these drugged up weirdos. dude isnt thinking about a fukking nicki minaj or even lil wayne and anybody believing otherwise is a full blown stanley.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:russ: I just watched some of Wayne’s performances from 2024. And they made a right choice. Homie had no energy and looked sad af on stage. Lean fried bruh smh maybe Drake can throw him something for ovo fest.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro imma keep it real. I'm not the biggest fan of rappers performing for the Superbowl all around and Kendrick is HANDS DOWN the better performer. But this shyt Jay do is strategic as fukk. Honestly the best bet would've been Nicki but Roc Nation and Nicki have a public beef and he also don't fukk wit Drake. It's def a Young Money and Roc Nation issue brodie. Lol. I'm not mad I'm just pointing out to nikkas that there's more behind the scenes wit this shyt than Kendrick being Kendrick.

You think Nicki shoulda been picked ahead of Kendrick? :what:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think the Hip Hop blogosphere is making more of this than what it actually is.

Jay and the TEAM that pick the artists for performances probably saw the Pop Out Concert viewership, the biggest song of the year, the past highly lauded public performances, the tour grosses, the critical acclaim and the staying power of the catalog and said “Kendrick’s the guy”. Lil Wayne isn’t at the peak of his career anymore but Kendrick is SQUARE within it. I’d bet there was a shortlist of 3-5 acts they were considering and Wayne was nowhere NEAR it. His name probably never came up. Kendrick’s got the culture in the palm of his hand right now, it only makes sense that if your going to go rap, you go Kendrick.

Wayne has his moment and chose to capitalize by sinking into drug addiction, sloppy performances, and finally reclusiveness. None of that speaks to someone who wants to headline the biggest show of the year a decade after they peaked.

All of this “Well Jay wants to stick it to Birdman” shyt is ridiculous. These nikkas would be taking pictures together just like Birdman and Top Dawg were if Birdman were on the level Jay is. Jay paid FOURTEEN MILLION DOLLARS to keep Wayne out of trouble with the IRS, there’s zero way he “hates” Wayne enough to block him from performing, again i’d bet real money Wayne’s name never even came up as part of the discussion of who was going to perform.

And Nicki Minaj married a rapist. Why is she around?

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the Hip Hop blogosphere is making more of this than what it actually is.

Jay and the TEAM that pick the artists for performances probably saw the Pop Out Concert viewership, the biggest song of the year, the past highly lauded public performances, the tour grosses, the critical acclaim and the staying power of the catalog and said “Kendrick’s the guy”. Lil Wayne isn’t at the peak of his career anymore but Kendrick is SQUARE within it. I’d bet there was a shortlist of 3-5 acts they were considering and Wayne was nowhere NEAR it. His name probably never came up. Kendrick’s got the culture in the palm of his hand right now, it only makes sense that if your going to go rap, you go Kendrick.

Wayne has his moment and chose to capitalize by sinking into drug addiction, sloppy performances, and finally reclusiveness. None of that speaks to someone who wants to headline the biggest show of the year a decade after they peaked.

All of this “Well Jay wants to stick it to Birdman” shyt is ridiculous. These nikkas would be taking pictures together just like Birdman and Top Dawg were if Birdman were on the level Jay is. Jay paid FOURTEEN MILLION DOLLARS to keep Wayne out of trouble with the IRS, there’s zero way he “hates” Wayne enough to block him from performing, again i’d bet real money Wayne’s name never even came up as part of the discussion of who was going to perform.

And Nicki Minaj married a rapist. Why is she around?
Also the artists have to put the money up for they own performance. I don’t know what Wayne would pay into in a performance. A lot of his shyt is just him and a dj. He has no creativity when it comes to stage presence.

Kendrick always has a vision on how he executes the stage he’s a performer. Him and Dave will probably come up with something nuts for this.