Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since Jay got control of it. Keep up nikka. Lol.
Jay started picking the performers in 2020:

2020 had known Miami artists J Lo and Shakira headline.

2021 had Tampa Bay born and raised Weekend headline.

2023 had Arizona State University graduate Rihanna headline.

2024 Usher, who was raised 10 minutes off the strip headlined in the Vegas Super Bowl.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Nobody gave a fukk about hometown acts performing at a Super Bowl until literally 24 hours ago
to be fair, the first time I heard people complaining about not having hometown acts at that particular city's Superbowl was when it was in Atlanta in 2018 (only for the Superbowl to have Gladys Knight sing the National Anthem and Big Boi turned out for the main show with Maroon 5 and Travis Scott).

The Superbowl didn't really do that since except for the one in LA with Dre and Snoop.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
So what nikka? To even think Kendrick is a bigger PERFORMANCE draw than Usher is fukking insane. Lol.
Yall just be saying anything in this bytch :mjlol:.....Kendrick just did 111 million for the big steppers tour :what:....it was the highest grossing rap tour in history. Usher has never in his life had a tour gross over 100 million. Not even at his peak.

Only his Vegas residency grossed over 100 million and he needed 100 shows to do that. Kendrick did 111 million across the world and he did it with only 77 shows. Usher could never do 100 mil on a world tour. Kendrick is by far a bigger performance draw than usher today and the numbers prove it. Yall just blatantly ignoring reality now :mjlol:

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Once Kendrick felt brave enough? Kendrick waited until the future album to pop out. He could have addressed Cole and Drake as soon as FPS comes out. Nope. He waits 6 months until Future is throwing subs. Metro is throwing subs. Hell everyone should have known something was up when you have a R&B singer throwing threats on the album. You even have Kanye go at as far to mention that this was the intended goal to get rid of Drake. No matter how you slice it and history will show Kendrick did not do this on his own. Thats what I hate because he didn’t need them to do it. But something happened behind the scenes where these guys coordinated at the same time regardless of if Kendrick and Drake had beef before. You can’t talk about they muddied they waters because without Future and Metro there is no Like That.
Breh Kendrick won this beef on his own

Euphoria
Meet the Grahams
Not like Us
What's the part of "Like That" that everyone skips to? Kendrick's

Those are Kendrick songs breh. Again what are you talking about?

Last edited:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yall just be saying anything in this bytch :mjlol:.....Kendrick just did 111 million for the big steppers tour :what:....it was the highest grossing rap tour in history. Usher has never in his life had a tour gross over 100 million. Not even at his peak.

Only his Vegas residency grossed over 100 million and and he needed 100 shows to do that. Kendrick did 111 million across the world and he did it with only 77 shows. Usher could never do 100 mil on a world tour. Kendrick is by far a bigger performance draw than usher today and it's not even a debatable. Yall just blatantly ignoring reality now :mjlol:
Yeah for someone who has sold as many records as usher has his touring numbers were weak. Even in his prime. Like the truth tour which was right after confessions grossed 29 million dollars

Davewhite

Pro
Daps
Do you realize how successful Ushers ongoing tour is, with a "flopped" album?

Y'all have no exposure to music outside of the Coli.
He was on a residency already. Are you dumb lol

I never said he wasn’t a viable touring act.

I just said his albums have been flopping for more than 15 years now

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah for someone who has sold as many records as usher has his touring numbers were weak. Even in his prime. Like the truth tour which was right after confessions grossed 29 million dollars

Usher is on an arena tour right now fyi

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
He was on a residency already. Are you dumb lol

I never said he wasn’t a viable touring act.

I just said his albums have been flopping for more than 15 years now

Usher got 5 #1 charting albums, including this one - wtf are you talking about?

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
An underappreciated element of Kendrick being chosen is Dave Free being attached.

Proof of concept with arena shows and tours as a creative director, the Pop Out going on as clean as it did, polished visuals on music videos. It's easy for Jay and the NFL to have faith in an act when you can see it action and have a feel how the concept would develop.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh Kendrick one this beef on his own

Euphoria
Meet the Grahams
Not like Us
What's the part of "Like That" that everyone skips to? Kendrick's

Those are Kendrick songs breh. Again what are you talking about?
Pseudo I’m not going to go back and forth with you if you aren’t going to address all of my points. You pick certain parts of my posts that you want to argue with me about while ignoring the rest so you can try to prove yourself right. The fact that you keep focusing on Kendrick disses shows me that you’re not interested in talking about everything I mentioned. It ain’t a fair way to have a debate. Do you man