Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, it didn’t because his album flopped and we can’t remember one song from it.

Usher and Lil Wayne both can tour due to their legendary status but they are way out of their prime.

As if Wayne couldn’t do a residency when you’ve got fukkin Nas currently doing one

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Between this look and the Democratic convention + Kamala’s campaign using Not Like Us, folks are starting to peep the disingenuous corporate push behind all this. When you ram things down the consumers throat too much, it’ll start to get rejected.
you know why higher ups wanna get behind this?

Cuz hip-hop fans couldn't get enough of this. For once instead of thinking they knew better and gave us some shyt we didn't want, they just piggybacked what we were already dikkriding anyway. It's like that Saved by the Bell episode where everyone loved friendship bracelets til Belding got one.
I get it, it's New Orleans but I don't believe this about subbing Wayne. Also more times than not a hometown artist is not the headliner. I think people got caught up in the LA show with Dre like that was the norm. Even then he had non LA people on stage with him. I believe this is about big money investors. Jay may make the final decision but he doesn't own the NFL so even he has to answer to someone with the people they select. I think this has to with how huge of year K Dot had, it's crazy because he didn't even release an album and had multiple Chart Topping hits.

I believe "The Pop Out Show" ended up being an unofficial audition. Jay was able to present that to the NFL and they clearly agreed. Yes Wayne has way more hits than K Dot that's not even debatable. He also has more hit albums as well but there are other factors why he wasn't selected from a business standpoint. The funny part is K Dot is a big Wayne fan and even named one of his mixtapes, "C4". Wayne last biggest recent hit "Mona Lisa" featured K Dot, hit #2 on the Pop Charts. Also K Dot does have a Taylor Swift callabo, who knows if she comes out. That alone would make the selection worth it to the NFL.

C4_Mixtape_Kendrick_Lamar_Cover.jpg
If the NFL ever thought Taylor Swift would ever make herself available, they'd never even call Kendrick.

Until she breaks down and says "fine I'll do it", Taylor Swift will always be plan A.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
And where are they from? Take your time
It doesn't matter who the guest are nikka Dre was the headliner. The fukk u not comprehending? People can bring any guest they want. U think if Wayne did the show he would only have New Orleans guest? No nikka Wayne has done features with everybody and his 2 artist are from NY and Canada.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what nikka? To even think Kendrick is a bigger PERFORMANCE draw than Usher is fukking insane. Lol.
I’m a say this and I’m up in Canada Kendrick did two shows in Toronto on the big steppers tour and had a capacity of 23,000 and sold those bytches out twice. I just saw usher and he was at 19,000 capacity and he still sold that out.

But in 2025 yes I will say Kendrick is a bigger performance draw than Usher just like Drake is.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I’m a say this and I’m up in Canada Kendrick did two shows in Toronto on the big steppers tour and had a capacity of 23,000 and sold those bytches out twice. I just saw usher and he was at 19,000 capacity and he still sold that out.

But in 2025 yes I will say Kendrick is a bigger performance draw than Usher just like Drake is.
What is this supposed to mean? Lol.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
allegations of beating on his wife by a rival rapper, a fetish for white woman and was basically saying what about black on black crime when the Mike Brown stuff happened ? sounds like a perfect choice for the NFL

honestly though, I don't really care who does the halftime show, Kendrick will put on a fine performance
he's having a unbelievable year and hes only had to do a couple nights work

discourse mostly been about Drake and Wayne but

:yeshrug:

both sides of the Wayne discussion have been weird and doing too much

Kendricks fans been embarrassing the way they jump on everything, you don't need to shyt on Wayne just because there is people on twitter that would rather seen Wayne in Nola and despite Wayne not being what he once was I'm sure they could've built a very good show around him.

but a Wayne performance means a Drake performance and they not letting that happen after he finally faltered

funny how the Canadian seen all this coming but wasn't good enough to stop it
he better drop footage of Kenny beating on his wife in the next 100GB's pack

Drakes relationship with both Kanye and Jay is interesting
and the only interesting thing left in the Drake vs Everybody beef is Jack, formerly of twitter disdain for Drake. we need more info on that.

he should sit in the rafters like Sting

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It doesn't matter who the guest are nikka Dre was the headliner. The fukk u not comprehending? People can bring any guest they want. U think if Wayne did the show he would only have New Orleans guest? No nikka Wayne has done features with everybody and his 2 artist are from NY and Canada.

All that shyt I'm not reading won't change who's headlining the Superbowl 🤷🏿‍♂️

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
and usher is a bigger draw then 2024 lil Wayne

Wayne can’t even show up to his concert dates
Cancelling left and right

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude what are you talking about breh? You speculated on why these guys had issues with Drake and I gave the reasons to you

Breh honestly what more do you want?

Once Kendrick attacked the others felt brave enough to get their little shots in, it's that simple

In fact I vividly remember people being upset about Ross and Kanye getting involved because we wanted to see Drake v Kendrick and they were muddying the waters

Who knows what happened when Drake sent FPS to Kendrick. Something clearly ticked him off
Once Kendrick felt brave enough? Kendrick waited until the future album to pop out. He could have addressed Cole and Drake as soon as FPS comes out. Nope. He waits 6 months until Future is throwing subs. Metro is throwing subs. Hell everyone should have known something was up when you have a R&B singer throwing threats on the album. You even have Kanye go at as far to mention that this was the intended goal to get rid of Drake. No matter how you slice it and history will show Kendrick did not do this on his own. Thats what I hate because he didn’t need them to do it. But something happened behind the scenes where these guys coordinated at the same time regardless of if Kendrick and Drake had beef before. You can’t talk about they muddied they waters because without Future and Metro there is no Like That.