Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'm not fronting like anything. But the nikka ain't had an album. He wasn't requested to host right after he dropped his album. Which been a got 2 years already. Not saying he doesn't deserve to be on the stage. I'm saying that no beef. No Not Like Us. Than likely no invite. Plenty of megastars haven't performed solo for the Superbowl. Drake being one of them. The beef and Not Like Us going viral def gave Kendrick a push and it's asinine to think otherwise. It's not even a diss.
usher didn't have an album either, until the literal superbowl

concise

Veteran
Daps
Something is going on. This is an EARLY announcement.

log off and let one of the workers who don't believe in conspiracies use the account today. You can google and see several acts since Jay took over have been announced in September.

Shakira/JLo - Sept
Weeknd - Nov
Dr Dre & friends - Sept
Rihanna - Sept
Usher - Sept

maybe it's just early for Canadians, they still have the Grey Cup to worry about and focus on :mjlol:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The shift away from Drake by Jay Z is definitely interesting though

Drake taking a shot at Megan, siding with J Prince and then the Free Tory shyt sealed the deal IMO

He dropped a dance album (remember that?) right when Beyonce was coming back out...

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who suggest that Kenny would’ve been headlining even without the beef with Drake in 2024 Is lying to themselves

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I told you all Jay-Z was behind this elimination Drake and none of you believed me.

Hov sent Meek at Drake. Then sent Pusha. Now Kendrick.

People are signing off on this shyt.

Please stfu..
No this is different. If you go back and look at the timeline and pay attention to some of what Drake was saying on his recent project it forecasts a lot of what’s playing out. Unless you think everything that happened is just coincidence. If that’s the case i don’t know what to tell you. What’s happening doesn’t happen without the green light from power players.
"Power players". Drake and Kendrick are under the same parent corporation. What's the play here and who are the players. It's easy to make vague allusions let's get some logical conclusions. Names and motivations. Green light and power players is saying nothing.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I can guarantee you kendrick would have been performing either way :yeshrug:

He already has one of the highest selling tours of any rapper and is easily the best performer in hip hop rn

If not him, who?
Imo. No beef. No superbowl. nikkas wasn't even really thinking about Kendrick like that before this battle. Yall sitting here acting like this nikka having a viral ass anthem of the year ain't contribute to him getting picked for the Superbowl sound crazy af. Lol.

Daps
Reppin
Houston, by way of Pittsburgh.
I’m sure Drake did something to piss people off but everyone’s ears should have perked up when the clicking up started happening, J Cole cutting tail and apologizing in front of his entire fanbase after two days of an extreme mild diss track, Kendrick having inside details on what Drake was going to do before he did it and the entire industry staying quiet after the biggest rap beef in the last like 20 years. One of the biggest rap beefs in modern history with not one journalist in four months doing a deep dive into why this happened. Radio silence. This does not happen without coordination.

Definitely, I agree, it was a concerted effort for sure.

I just think the narrative that the biggest mainstream rapper for the last 10 years being a victim of anything than his own hubris isn't accurate. Especially if it's true that the labels stepped in and stopped the bleeding for him.

I do find it interesting that zero rappers outside of 50, Game and Yachty stood up for Drake. I mean, everybody was pretty quiet about both sides, but barely anybody having anything to say on his behalf says a lot in multiple ways. You're also right about that.