Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Respectfully what the fukk are you talking about?
This is quite likely the most well documented back and forth in hip-hop if not music history. There were articles, podcasts, YouTube deep dives, livestreams and every other possible media on every platform under the sun across the entire globe. It would take a lifetime to consume it all from the “every single time they may have possibly subliminally dissed each other” 3 hour videos to the “breaking down every single line in every song” content.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes two people don’t like each other and have a rap battle. It’s been happening literally since hip hop first started.
No you’re incorrect. Don’t come at me if you’re not going to be objective about this. I said the industry big players (the labels) are not talking about it. Not your podcasters, streamers and tik tok.

This isn’t a regular hip hop battle and if you were paying attention you would have realized it a long time ago. I’m a huge Kendrick fan and have been of the belief that drakes been making the same formulaic music since Views. But it can’t be overstated that He didn’t come out to address Drake until he had the silent backing of the other hip hop artists at the same time. If Kendrick came out by himself then it’s okay no he waited until Future, Metro, Ross, Weeknd, and OVO affiliates feeding him info.

But I’m objective enough to know that something so wrong. Especially when the biggest artist in hip hop in the recent times has the same machine turn against him at the time he needed it most. That doesn’t just happen. A good business doesn’t not let their premiere product get damaged like this without trying to do something to stop the bleeding. What’s happened here is very opposite of that. It’s continuing to happen.

There is a bigger story here at play with due to the labels and where Hip Hop currently stands in terms of return on investment and changing of the guard in terms of label heads.

People dismiss it but Vince Staples discussed it indirectly on the JBP but people don’t pay attention because they just want to see Drake and Kendrick battle it out. It’s deeper than that.

Either Drake is that bad or there is a power vacuum and leadership is up for grabs.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You motherfukkers trying to be conspiracy theorist. They ALWAYS announce the Super Bowl halftime show’s headliners in September. They usually do it after week 3 but I guess this time they wanted to kick off the season right.

This was probably in development for MONTHS. Kendrick and company was SITTING on this while Aubrey was struggling to get a hit :russ:

Kendrick literally announced to the WORLD that it’s OVER. Aubrey needs to let this shyt go..

And when it comes to Weezy. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kendrick lends out a hand and lets Wayne perform on stage with him. He IS A Wayne stan after all.

But that also means Weezy has to decide if he wants to remain loyal to his protégé. Or..there might be some truth that Wayne and Aubrey aren’t on good terms like that.

Either way..Kendrick wins…AGAIN.

K DOT went off :russ: :russ: :russ:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Please stfu..
"Power players". Drake and Kendrick are under the same parent corporation. What's the play here and who are the players. It's easy to make vague allusions let's get some logical conclusions. Names and motivations. Green light and power players is saying nothing.
Nicki and Cardi were under the same umbrella at one point but that ain't stop Atlantic from literally trying to sabotage Nicki's career. Lol. Not saying this is happening with Drake/Kendrick but I'm pointing out what u said means nothing in the grand scheme.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please stfu..
"Power players". Drake and Kendrick are under the same parent corporation. What's the play here and who are the players. It's easy to make vague allusions let's get some logical conclusions. Names and motivations. Green light and power players is saying nothing.
We having a friendly discussion man. I’m sure I’ve done more research into you than this. Yes, basically all of the music is being put under one corporation. The house always win. These are hard economic times which I believe is driving this. Which is why last year you have articles coming out that hip hop is falling off as the most listened to music genre to seeing everyone focusing on hip hop artists streaming numbers so heavily this year.

The bigger question you should be asking is if I’m a business why would I let my #1 guy fall so that the #2 guy (streaming wise) can have a “moment”. At what cost? These are business relationships at stake.

With Hip hop and rap is being homogenized and packaged in a copy and paste kind of way all of this is disturbing to many of us who love this genre. There is something else at play here and it would be wise for you to not assume you know everything when no one has given a specific reason for why this beef started 6 months out from Like That.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Imo. No beef. No superbowl. nikkas wasn't even really thinking about Kendrick like that before this battle. Yall sitting here acting like this nikka having a viral ass anthem of the year ain't contribute to him getting picked for the Superbowl sound crazy af. Lol.
He's one of the most influential and prolific rappers of the 2010's :skip:

This is like saying nobody was talking about kurt Cobain before he died :mjlol:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
We having a friendly discussion man. I’m sure I’ve done more research into you than this. Yes, basically all of the music is being put under one corporation. The house always win. These are hard economic times which I believe is driving this. Which is why last year you have articles coming out that hip hop is falling off as the most listened to music genre to seeing everyone focusing on hip hop artists streaming numbers so heavily this year.

The bigger question you should be asking is if I’m a business why would I let my #1 guy fall so that the #2 guy (streaming wise) can have a “moment”. At what cost? These are business relationships at stake.

With Hip hop and rap is being homogenized and packaged in a copy and paste kind of way all of this is disturbing to many of us who love this genre. There is something else at play here and it would be wise for you to not assume you know everything when no one has given a specific reason for why this beef started 6 months out from Like That.
Yep. Kendrick was being given Beyonce records to diss drake on and yall think this is a coincidence.

This was coordinated.