Kendrick is a GOAT? Give me his top 10 universally known quotables...

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There is nothing skillful or insightful about "Hey hey hey hey........smoke weed everyday", but it's one of the most quotable lines in hip hop history:gucci:

Going off what you assume threadstarter is asking for you're actually just looking for punchlines. Lupe Fiasco probably has the greatest punchline I've ever heard and it is most definitely not "universally known". nikkas like Fabolous and Lloyd Banks are punchline kings yet Fabs most universally known lines are parts of hooks and Banks' most universally known line is probably "Beamer, Benz, or Bently":mjlol:

"Obviously the coroner between the sheets like the Isleys" is a hot bar, but the most memorable part of m.A.A.d City is the intro. Universally known lines tend to not be lyrical.
You using the Webster dictionary to define hip hop terms???:huhldup: :mjlol:

Go search from some old source magazines look for the "quotables" in there, then come back and holler at me.

And even then, what you said doesn't change my main point. In order to atribute a "quotable" to someone, regardless of what you define it as, it has to originate with them. It's already a "quotable" if the person in question is repeating it.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
people really arguing quotables. Being nice don't make you a legend in hip-hop you have to cement yourself

Nate Dogg > Kendrick

Daps
It's basically a long winded "that nikka think he smart!,hurumph!"

Not good enough, it's a no for me dawg.

tenor.gif

And most likely never wrote a fukking rhyme in their life.

I'm not on the Kendrick is GOAT train, that's nonsense, And as far as 'quotables' he's not really that type of rapper. A lot of these nikkas are confused and think that hashtag rap is what makes you ill. The most recent song of his that I really fell in love with, BECAUSE OF THE LYRICS was Pride. Just because you can't really compartmentalize some of those bars into 'quotables' doesn't mean it wasn't well written poetry. Kendrick is a poet, as a writer, I admire him. And I can do that without going overboard and calling all 4 of his albums genre defining. That's marketing and it won't be stopped by nikkas trying to comment on rap like they're at a wine and cheese party.
I be confused on this here Coli man, nikkas making up new rules to discredit celestial talent it's very odd...

Grammy's were a viable honor until Kendrick came along

It was ok to have a majority white fanbase until Kendrick came along

Your credibility as a GOAT wasn't determined by "quotables" until Kendrick came along

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Kendrick has quotables though and I just casually know his music

we need time to see how they fare with younger generations

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You using the Webster dictionary to define hip hop terms???:huhldup: :mjlol:

Go search from some old source magazines look for the "quotables" in there, then come back and holler at me.

And even then, what you said doesn't change my main point. In order to atribute a "quotable" to someone, regardless of what you define it as, it has to originate with them. It's already a "quotable" if the person in question is repeating it.
Yeah, and I already listed lines and phrases that Kendrick spit that have become universally known. No matter how you guys have tried to change the narrative you've been proven wrong. You conveniently want to place your own definition of what a quotable is but you want to ignore the "universally known" part of the thread title. So please, using the definition of quotable you gave before, give me some skillful, insightful, universally known quotables

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, and I already listed lines and phrases that Kendrick spit that have become universally known. No matter how you guys have tried to change the narrative you've been proven wrong. You conveniently want to place your own definition of what a quotable is but you want to ignore the "universally known" part of the thread title. So please, using the definition of quotable you gave before, give me some skillful, insightful, universally known quotables
Muthufukka this conversation started about that one line. :dahell:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Y'all really make this thread every month :mjlol: you could probably find ur answer if u just looked in the past 20 ones.

Btw it's weird how the argument for what defines a legendary rap artist transitioned from having dope projects to catchphrases once Kenny blew up :ohhh: I guess Wayne all y'all favorite artist too eh? :stopitslime: