Kendrick is a GOAT? Give me his top 10 universally known quotables...

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime: Stop

"1, 2, 3 and to tha 4..."

"Even saw the lights of the good year blimp..."

"Sometimes the rap game remind me of the crack game"

"it's like a jungle sometimes..."

Even with more local rappers there's bars that stand out to their fans. Some rappers got more of a knack for that than others, Kendrick ain't one of them.
Nostalgia

I were to post those as Kendrick's lines y'all dismiss them fukk outta here

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Not to mention the multiple quoteables from his Control verse.

I fukk with your work in the tunnel but the first two ain't quotables at all and neither were the quotes from alright, king kunta, poetic justice or bytch don't kill my vibe. TBR the closest he got is "ya bish".

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Nostalgia

I were to post those as Kendrick's lines y'all dismiss them fukk outta here

The difference is their peers and the people coming up under them have flipped those lines literally 100s of times even years after the songs originally dropped. When's the last time you heard a rapper flip or pay tribute to a Kendrick line?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
The difference is their peers and the people coming up under them have flipped those lines literally 100s of times even years after the songs originally dropped. When's the last time you heard a rapper flip or pay tribute to a Kendrick line?
Drake in For Free

And those lines are decades long

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Drake in For Free

True :ehh:

And those lines are decades long

Their peers were paying tribute as well though so it ain't really about how old the songs are. This is admittedly not example of paying tribute to lyrics but 100s and 100s of rappers have paid tribute to Gucci's adlibs ("burr" "skrrt skrrt" etc).

Jay-Z has a lot of lines that have been flipped ("we don't believe you, you need more people" "is it oochie Wally or is it one mic?" "Truthfully I wanna rhyme like common sense/but 5 million sold, I ain't rhymed like common since" Etc.) by his peers and by rappers coming up under him from Lupe to Jadakiss.

Kendrick doesn't have that kind of recognition among his peers and it remains to be seen whether the ones coming up under him will give him that recognition either.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:mjlol: @ all these excuses and nobody coming in here posting the Young GOAT Kendrick's most memorable lines....the stuff that solidifies you in this game and cements your name in time.

Breh allegedly has 3 classics and nobody came in here just posting....nikkas asking questions needing guidelines making moving the goal posts.

Where are his quotables at?

Are you saying that to be a goat/great you need quotables?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
True :ehh:

Their peers were paying tribute as well though so it ain't really about how old the songs are. This is admittedly not example of paying tribute to lyrics but 100s and 100s of rappers have paid tribute to Gucci's adlibs ("burr" "skrrt skrrt" etc).

Jay-Z has a lot of lines that have been flipped ("we don't believe you, you need more people" "is it oochie Wally or is it one mic?" "Truthfully I wanna rhyme like common sense/but 5 million sold, I ain't rhymed like common since" Etc.) by his peers and by rappers coming up under him from Lupe to Jadakiss.

Kendrick doesn't have that kind of recognition among his peers and it remains to be seen whether the ones coming up under him will give him that recognition either.
Kendrick still fresh breh :heh: let that nikka live and fill up his catalog.

Curufinwe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Brussel
Kendrick is GREAT because in a world where everyone is looking of a punchline, He delivers FULL LENGTH COHESIVE ALBUM.

So that's the different between him a Future "Young metro gonna shoot you...."
Now go back listening 2 chain and 1 liner entertainers.

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't smoke crack, motherfukker, I sell it!
I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the King of New York
King of the Coast; one hand, I juggle 'em both
I'm uncoachable, I'm unsociable, fukk y'all clubs!
fukk y'all pictures! Your Instagram can gobble these nuts!
And I'm gonna get it even if you're in the way
And if you're in it, better run for Pete's sake
That one "I'm the king of New York" line got more hype around it than any line from any rapper in your top 10 and I'm not even a huge Kendrick fan :mjlol:

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If quoteables determine your greatness in Hip Hop, Drake should be number 1 of all time then going by that logic :sas2:

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
And nothing been the same since they dropped control and tucked a sensitive rapper back in his pajama clothes

Honestly since gkmc dropped the only dope dope verse he had was that cypher, and I was w giant fan up until I realized how boring tpab is

• Dap
Reactions: KTP