Kendrick is a GOAT? Give me his top 10 universally known quotables...

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
Are you saying that to be a goat/great you need quotables?

Yes

You need lines that define you...that when you perform them everybody is excited for them to come up (not just choruses and ad libs like Kendrick)

If you don't have quotables then you're just a modified and glorified Def Jam poet on wax. Quotables are those stand out moments on a track that signify you're truly in touch with the pulse of society now and forever...that's why they're so powerful. If you don't have them you're not memorable. You're not a GOAT in Hip Hop. The soul of hip hop comes from call and response and if you don't have that in your catalog you ain't shyt

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Yes

You need lines that define you...that when you perform them everybody is excited for them to come up (not just choruses and ad libs like Kendrick)

If you don't have quotables then you're just a modified and glorified Def Jam poet on wax. Quotables are those stand out moments on a track that signify you're truly in touch with the pulse of society now and forever...that's why they're so powerful. If you don't have them you're not memorable. You're not a GOAT in Hip Hop. The soul of hip hop comes from call and response and if you don't have that in your catalog you ain't shyt

Ok :laff:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Levitate levitate levitate

Loyalty loyalty loyalty

Yah yah... yah yah

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cool, so that means Nas no longer gets credit for The World is Yours, right?:krs:Let's throw out any Scarface, Carlito's Way, etc, etc, references right?:krs:"Ok, I'm reloaded!" isn't memorable right?:krs:
If someone asked me for a Nas quotable, I wouldn't say "the world is yours" cause I know he's just quoting someone else.

"Okay I'm reloaded" is memorable because we all remember the movie scene when we here it

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Yeah
If someone asked me for a Nas quotable, I wouldn't say "the world is yours" cause I know he's just quoting someone else.

"Okay I'm reloaded" is memorable because we all remember the movie scene when we here it
Yeah, and on a track with A$AP Rocky, 2Chainz and Drake, Kendrick's line is the most memorable and the one sung in unison by everyone in the room when it gets played. Y'all asked for memorable lines and when you're given them you try to move goal posts to discredit them. I could easily pick lines from most of his singles since Swimming Pools that are memorable but y'all will find some way to change the narrative. Somehow "Ya bish" won't be memorable or it's too short to be considered a line. Same with "We gon be alright". So then I decided to not only post a full line off the top of my head which shows it's memorable but also disproves the notion Kendrick doesn't utilize wordplay: "Hotboxing like George Foreman grilling the masses of the working world" off Art of Peer Pressure. But let me guess, that's not memorable enough to you or it's not that dope. The dude who started this thread has ignored every single example posted and merely says nikkas are typing excuses without posting bars which is beyond false. So the hell do we look like trying to prove anything to nikkas that refuse to acknowledge it?:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah

Yeah, and on a track with A$AP Rocky, 2Chainz and Drake, Kendrick's line is the most memorable and the one sung in unison by everyone in the room when it gets played. Y'all asked for memorable lines and when you're given them you try to move goal posts to discredit them. I could easily pick lines from most of his singles since Swimming Pools that are memorable but y'all will find some way to change the narrative. Somehow "Ya bish" won't be memorable or it's too short to be considered a line. Same with "We gon be alright". So then I decided to not only post a full line off the top of my head which shows it's memorable but also disproves the notion Kendrick doesn't utilize wordplay: "Hotboxing like George Foreman grilling the masses of the working world" off Art of Peer Pressure. But let me guess, that's not memorable enough to you or it's not that dope. The dude who started this thread has ignored every single example posted and merely says nikkas are typing excuses without posting bars which is beyond false. So the hell do we look like trying to prove anything to nikkas that refuse to acknowledge it?:mjlol:
Op said nothing about "memorable"

Op asked for quotables.

Quotables are skillful, insightful, ORIGINAL quotes that become meaningful and memorable for the masses.

You can't give Jay-Z credit for "when the remy's in the system......." when B.I.G. said it first, even though more people might recognize it as something Jay said.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Kendrick is GREAT because in a world where everyone is looking of a punchline, He delivers FULL LENGTH COHESIVE ALBUM.

So that's the different between him a Future "Young metro gonna shoot you...."
Now go back listening 2 chain and 1 liner entertainers.
So basically kendrick is wack and making a blanket statement like FULL LENGTH COHESIVE ALBUM is a way to dodge taking a closer look at his rapping which is lacking as evidenced by lack of memorable lines due to subpar lyrics and weak flows

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Kendrick not the GOAT

But he's best rapper currently out...

I remember Kendrick verses more than a line or two. And his "quoteables" don't mean nothing to people who don't like him.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I'm pretty sure Face, Pac, or Nas have never earned a Grammy. Who cares

Kendrick is a top gunner in today's climate, that is a fact. But he isn't a GOAT level rapper yet and I don't know why y'all pushing so hard for that narrative :comeon:

Just cuz he makes better rap music than J Cole, Wale, Meek Mill, and fukking Chance the Rapper doesn't make him top 10 of all time. :skip:
Kendrick doesn't make better music than anyone you named

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Op said nothing about "memorable"

Op asked for quotables.

Quotables are skillful, insightful, ORIGINAL quotes that become meaningful and memorable for the masses.

You can't give Jay-Z credit for "when the remy's in the system......." when B.I.G. said it first, even though more people might recognize it as something Jay said.
quotable

[kwoh-tuh-buh l]
adjective
able to be quoted or easily quoted, as by reason of effectiveness,succinctness, or the like:
the most quotable book of the season.
suitable or appropriate for quotation:
His comments were hilarious but unfortunately not quotable.

There is nothing skillful or insightful about "Hey hey hey hey........smoke weed everyday", but it's one of the most quotable lines in hip hop history:gucci:

Going off what you assume threadstarter is asking for you're actually just looking for punchlines. Lupe Fiasco probably has the greatest punchline I've ever heard and it is most definitely not "universally known". nikkas like Fabolous and Lloyd Banks are punchline kings yet Fabs most universally known lines are parts of hooks and Banks' most universally known line is probably "Beamer, Benz, or Bently":mjlol:

"Obviously the coroner between the sheets like the Isleys" is a hot bar, but the most memorable part of m.A.A.d City is the intro. Universally known lines tend to not be lyrical.