Kendrick has no classic albums. And thats ok. Just stop lying to yourselves though.

Daps
I wonder if TPAB will ever be topped . I definitely enjoy some other albums a lot more, but quality wise, I have never heard such an impressive and perfect record :patrice:
I don't know but we're making a list (here at rolling stone) and Tpab is #9 on our all time list, right behind OK Computer and Nina Simone's Pastel Blues.

Kdot is a consummate artist. I don't usually compare him across genres but I think it's fair to say what he's done with rap on his albums, especially TPAB, is Radioheadesque in it's boldness, confidence, and beauty. Like Radiohead, Kendrick doesn't always write songs to be "easy" on listeners. He definitely takes the impressionist approach that Radiohead frequently does where it may take a few listens and a few steps back to get the full picture. He's a poet, wise beyond his years, with impeccable taste. With Kendrick, everything is in the music, the composition. The simple fact that his intonation influenced Bowie's producer on Blackstar shows us that kendrick is all about precision and most complex musical ideas.

TPAB is most definitely the most musical album we have ever heard in Hip Hop.

Overpss

Pro
Daps
I don't know but we're making a list (here at rolling stone) and Tpab is #9 on our all time list, right behind OK Computer and Nina Simone's Pastel Blues.

Kdot is a consummate artist. I don't usually compare him across genres but I think it's fair to say what he's done with rap on his albums, especially TPAB, is Radioheadesque in it's boldness, confidence, and beauty. Like Radiohead, Kendrick doesn't always write songs to be "easy" on listeners. He definitely takes the impressionist approach that Radiohead frequently does where it may take a few listens and a few steps back to get the full picture. He's a poet, wise beyond his years, with impeccable taste. With Kendrick, everything is in the music, the composition. The simple fact that his intonation influenced Bowie's producer on Blackstar shows us that kendrick is all about precision and most complex musical ideas.

TPAB is most definitely the most musical album we have ever heard in Hip Hop.
That is true :wow:

Besides Kanye, kendrick is like the only rapper that knows how to master them bebop scales, altered scales, syncopation, polyrhythms, shifting keys and musical ideas that them other rappers don't know anything about

MINT

All Star
Daps
Lecrae had better words for Tpab...this is an album that is forever going to be super acclaimed due to its perfection. You catch new things (musically speaking) every time you listen to it...crazy.

Who would have thought a rap artist would have such an impact on LA jazz :wow:

MINT

All Star
Daps
That's cool you bumped this thread, now we can update OP with them facts (straight jacked from ktt)

longform-original-22214-1422911594-3.jpg

So TPAB:

-the consensus AOTY according to the critics, its also #1 on 90% of the end year lists.
Best of 2015: Music Critic Top Ten Lists
-the highest rated hip hop album of all time on Metacritic.
-the reason kendrick has the most nominations in one night at the grammy (since Michael Jackson in 84).
-has 2 songs being played in protests, one of them is named the new black anthem.
-being taught at some universities.
-had a scholarship in its name.
-influenced some goat artists like David Bowie, Prince and Chuck D, all in the same year.
-the highest rated album of the decade in any genre on multiple platforms like RYM that only take people's rankings into account.

-had RollingStone Magazine calling Sway in the morning to say TPAB better be #1 on every end year list because it's the most ambitious album of the year, musically.
-is probably one of the most respected rap album by modern jazz musicians.
-contains Barack Obama's favorite song of the year.

#Legendary

Kendrick Wamar the president of the new school...So many W's he can start donating em to less fortunate rappers
whew.png

"Tell me who the bytch nikka hating on me
Jumping on my dikk but this dikk ain't free
To Pimp A Butterfly another classic CD"

843390whi.png

I see different

whew.png

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I agree with OP. AND I listen to many different genres. As albums, they are not classics. He is experimental and I think it hurts the songs when he tries to do too much, and subsequently affects the albums. He also gets drowned out by the music too much, which I don't understand because his vocals turned up would sound better. His hooks also throw songs off. His albums are tough listening experiences.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
That's cool you bumped this thread, now we can update OP with them facts (straight jacked from ktt)

longform-original-22214-1422911594-3.jpg

So TPAB:

-the consensus AOTY according to the critics, its also #1 on 90% of the end year lists.
Best of 2015: Music Critic Top Ten Lists
-the highest rated hip hop album of all time on Metacritic.
-the reason kendrick has the most nominations in one night at the grammy (since Michael Jackson in 84).
-has 2 songs being played in protests, one of them is named the new black anthem.
-being taught at some universities.
-had a scholarship in its name.
-influenced some goat artists like David Bowie, Prince and Chuck D, all in the same year.
-the highest rated album of the decade in any genre on multiple platforms like RYM that only take people's rankings into account.

-had RollingStone Magazine calling Sway in the morning to say TPAB better be #1 on every end year list because it's the most ambitious album of the year, musically.
-is probably one of the most respected rap album by modern jazz musicians.
-contains Barack Obama's favorite song of the year.

#Legendary

Kendrick Wamar the president of the new school...So many W's he can start donating em to less fortunate rappers
whew.png

"Tell me who the bytch nikka hating on me
Jumping on my dikk but this dikk ain't free
To Pimp A Butterfly another classic CD"

843390whi.png

:blessed: The King of New York