Kendrick has no classic albums. And thats ok. Just stop lying to yourselves though.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
TPAB is just so much denser and more focused (and PERFECT) than 99% rap albums I can understand why it flew over OP's head, he's just not familiar with such a flawlessly composed album
...dude.

I have more degrees than you have toilet paper.

Just relax on this shyt.

Its just NOT a classic.

Yall act like you AP class taking weirdos are the litmus test or something. :mjlol:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
and to be fair, Kdot just extended the Suns life 5 billion more years with tpab

Kamasi Washington.
Terrace Martin.
Robert Glasper.
Thundercat.
Ambrose Akinmusire.

:wow:
TPAB is oozing with BLACK musical excellence.
:blessed:

I mean, it might've been a dope album if it was straight Hip-Hop but once they
dipped into the ideas black musicians have helped to pioneer over the past 100 years.

:wow: shyt was over at that point :wow:
If ya'll had been in the black music scene, you'd have been following those people since AT LEAST 2010/2011. :francis:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
and tpab doesn't appeal to casuals, it appeals to music experts like me, jazz fans, and rap heads who understand hip hop was built on jazz.

once again, it's all about having musical knowledge
Bruh, you can't name 5 core jazz albums that came out last year.

Miss me with that.

Some of ya'll try way too hard to be on this elitist shyt.

And this is coming from a FAN of the individual producers on the album for the last 5-10 years.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
if b&w say its classic, then its classic

are yall really falling for these media branding campaigns? :stopitslime:

My dude rapped over jazz instrumentals in a way he didn't even pioneer, reinvent or truly challenge and ya'll foaming over the mouth over an advertisement?

Consumers really are stupid :snoop:

I mean Kanye's last 3 albums did more for the sound of music than anything Kendrick dreams of.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
can op leave rap alone?

1) the quality of tpab is undeniable, if you know what you're talking about, if you're a music lover who knows your shyt, then tpab is undeniable
2) TPAB's impact on jazz as a genre is undeniable. It's having quite a revival, especially the LA scene.

Herbie hancock himself will tell you that

not to mention herbie is now working with EVERY artist, musician and producer involved in Tpab to make his own jazz/rap album

3) gkmc is also a classic, even though I don't like it..its jut not as good as tpab, but classic nonetheless

Bruh, ya'll love letting other people make your opinions for you.

:dead:

Herbie likes it cause its jazz and funk influenced.

Thats it.

You act like Herbie would also give YG's first album a classic ranking. Similar themes, right?

Oh, but when it comes to live instruments yall start creaming your pants.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That's cool you bumped this thread, now we can update OP with them facts (straight jacked from ktt)

longform-original-22214-1422911594-3.jpg

So TPAB:

-the consensus AOTY according to the critics, its also #1 on 90% of the end year lists.
Best of 2015: Music Critic Top Ten Lists
-the highest rated hip hop album of all time on Metacritic.
-the reason kendrick has the most nominations in one night at the grammy (since Michael Jackson in 84).
-has 2 songs being played in protests, one of them is named the new black anthem.
-being taught at some universities.
-had a scholarship in its name.
-influenced some goat artists like David Bowie, Prince and Chuck D, all in the same year.
-the highest rated album of the decade in any genre on multiple platforms like RYM that only take people's rankings into account.

-had RollingStone Magazine calling Sway in the morning to say TPAB better be #1 on every end year list because it's the most ambitious album of the year, musically.
-is probably one of the most respected rap album by modern jazz musicians.
-contains Barack Obama's favorite song of the year.

#Legendary

Kendrick Wamar the president of the new school...So many W's he can start donating em to less fortunate rappers
whew.png

"Tell me who the bytch nikka hating on me
Jumping on my dikk but this dikk ain't free
To Pimp A Butterfly another classic CD"

843390whi.png
1. Kendrick is safe music for consumers
2. You referenced white media who wants to digest music that doesn't make them feel bad
3. college courses over your average ass music is corny.
4. You. Keep. Mentioning. Media. Rankings.

Do you have any opinions of your own?

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Bruh, you can't name 5 core jazz albums that came out last year.

Miss me with that.

Some of ya'll try way too hard to be on this elitist shyt.

And this is coming from a FAN of the individual producers on the album for the last 5-10 years.

Now you on the elitist shyt.....Yes some of us knows about Young Giants (Kasami Washington Jazz Band from High School) Rocking out with Thundercat when he was in a Metal Band, Robert Glasper, Flying Lotus when he was a Dilla Disciple Terrace Martin, Shafiq Husayn (A Free Ka, Classic Album) all from the same circle for many years....Terrace Martin is the common denominator, a damn good jazz musician himself who merged Jazz and West Coast Gangsta Rap damn near 10 years ago

JD Allen ~ Americana
Freddie Hendrix ~ Jersey Cat
Jeremy Pelt ~ Jive Culture

Nice jazz albums from 2016

TPAB is a Classic Album, Classic Black Music to it's core....Because True Black Music can't be labeled....A Hip Hop album can be a Blues Album, A Jazz Album can easily turn into a Soul Album, A Gospel Album can turn into a Funk Album, that's why people can't grasp TPAB because they don't understand Black Music

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
TPAB is a Classic Album, Classic Black Music to it's core....Because True Black Music can't be labeled....A Hip Hop album can be a Blues Album, A Jazz Album can easily turn into a Soul Album, A Gospel Album can turn into a Funk Album, that's why people can't grasp TPAB because they don't understand Black Music
What makes it a classic?

Its not innovative to any degree nor is it lyrically transcendent in any regard.

Sonically, it rehashes a lot of other content thats out there.

leoc

All Star
Bushed
Daps
YOU think kendrick has no classic albums that is just YOUR opinion.
YOUR opinion goes against the majority, who do think kendrick has classic albums.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
yeah, only white people fuk with GKMC and TPAB. you are definitely trolling lmao
bruh, you got people in here saying "well rolling stone says so" or "this headphone brand says so"

I mean good god. The media has created both Kendrick and J Cole's hype...people are NOT bumping his shyt like that in the real world.

But hey, ya'll love to let media curate tastes.

Kendrick has no classics. Good albums, sure.

Classics? HELL no.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
What makes it a classic?

Its not innovative to any degree nor is it lyrically transcendent in any regard.

Sonically, it rehashes a lot of other content thats out there.

What makes it not a classic? We can go back and forth all day. You just don't like Kendrick, for an elitist your feelings getting in the way of how you listen to music is what white music snobs do...A true music lover and truth lover goes in without out prejudice or feelings and listen with an open mind....