Kendrick has no classic albums. And thats ok. Just stop lying to yourselves though.

Daps
TPAB is just so much denser and more focused (and PERFECT) than 99% rap albums I can understand why it flew over OP's head, he's just not familiar with such a flawlessly composed album

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's because his music is shyt. It's not even hip hop. It's that pop jazz fusion shyt with trap drums here and there. Wild corny.

It'll have its moment and then be forgotten. There's only so long Interscope can pretend.

:dead:
It's cool to not fukk with his music, I'd completely understand a person especially not liking TPAB, but to say it ain't hip hop Or that its success and acclaim is all down to interscope is retarded, you don't even believe that lol

Number21000

Rookie
Daps
and to be fair, Kdot just extended the Suns life 5 billion more years with tpab

Kamasi Washington.
Terrace Martin.
Robert Glasper.
Thundercat.
Ambrose Akinmusire.

:wow:
TPAB is oozing with BLACK musical excellence.
:blessed:

I mean, it might've been a dope album if it was straight Hip-Hop but once they
dipped into the ideas black musicians have helped to pioneer over the past 100 years.

:wow: shyt was over at that point :wow:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
It's cool to not fukk with his music, I'd completely understand a person especially not liking TPAB, but to say it ain't hip hop Or that its success and acclaim is all down to interscope is retarded, you don't even believe that lol

whatever dude. it's barely hip hop and it appeals to casuals more than anyone else. Get mad :umad:

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
Only if you don't know anything about music history and its different genres.

Tpab is as close to a perfect album as you can get, like dj quik said, tpab is the greatest musical achievement to ever come out of the west coast, in any genre. It is the first time a black artist (in any genre) successfully revisit every era of black music, including free jazz's poetry

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
Not calling GKMC a classic at this point would be laughable. I think TPAB is better but it's too early to call anything a classic after two years. I can see a path for it though, given where music has been going lately.
same for tpab. It is the most acclaimed album of the last 17 years (at least in rap), it influenced artists like david bowie, herbie hancock, run the jewels (their words) and alright is like the new black anthem.

tpab meets every criteria to become classic, an even greater classic than gkmc

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
at this point it would be laughable not to call Tpab a classic lmao.

I feel like you have to have a certain appreciation of all different types of music,& sounds to fully understand how great it's put together instead of just popping the sh*t in expecting to just be entertained...but one thing is sure, Tpab is literally a 10/10 album (and is being praised for this)