hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I knew the number of was high. I just didn't think it was more than likely

But athletes don't go broke cause they buy cars and stuff like that

Black athletes go broke because they are taking care of so many people
You ever seen the 30 for 30 "broke" episode? The main culprits for all athletes going broke was bad investments, dealing with shady business people and living beyond their means.

Obviously guys like Kelly and Kawhi take it to the extreme, but they're pretty much guaranteed to not go broke.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I remember hearing stories about Shavlik Randolph driving a Ford Taurus when he was on the 76ers and the guys would give him hell.:aicmon:

But it was smart to not throw your money away early. :mjpls:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I work with a lot of white people. They spend money just not on cars. Most people I work with make 6 figures driving :francis: rides. But always flying across the country visiting family and shyt. He's not going to call that a vacation.
Online nikkas always know the rich people pushing used Camry's and shyt. shyt annoying as fukk when this isn't the norm esp with people that aren't old as our parents.

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
The "no swag" and "lame cac" comments in here just stupid. No way blowing a few million every year in your twenties just to be "swagged out" is worth it. Do something worthwhile with the money. Every guy celebrated for buying a $300,000 car, wearing $1,000 outfits, and blowing $10,000 a night on a single party could be investing that money in the community and a better future for the world.

Now, if he ain't really doing shyt with the extra money, no reason to give him props either. But just dumb to mock a reasonable lifestyle in favor of sucking on the materialist teat like a good brainless consumer.

Nah CAC the problem is Brothas are frugal too and get no shine for it. Plus these articles always have a slick backhanded diss toward black people in them.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Nobody's saying blow your money but not taking a vacation in the off season:hhh:

Definitely save the majority of your dough but you got to have at least one nice whip to take the wifey out, or chillin' headed to the movies or a restaurant. One nice house, one or two whips will not have you on a 30 for 30 ten years later. Its the taking care of 15 family members, spending $15k or more every time you step into a club, $100k whips, multiple baby mommas, getting swindled by investment sharks/money managers, etc.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But athletes don't go broke cause they buy cars and stuff like that

Black athletes go broke because they are taking care of so many people
Learning how to manage money isn't a skill you develop just because you have a lot of money. If you're given a lot of money and you don't have that skill you're inevitably gonna go broke.

You can take care of your whole family as long as you're living below your means and that includes the taking care of part.

Black athletes go broke because they mismanage their money usually because they go from having little to no money to being millionaires overnight and they never learned how to handle money. Some of them pay others to manage the money and get robbed because they themselves don't pay attention. Some others neglect taxes. Others make BS investments because somebody looking to take their money talked them into it.

Much of it boils down to lifestyle creep. People get more money so they adjust their style of life to that amount. When the dollars stop coming in they don't scale it back down. It doesn't just happen to athletes either. there are plenty of normal people who make a high income and live at the edge of what they can afford and get in debt.

Plenty of normal people don't even have written budgets, don't track their expenses.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Did he jump out and make this statement himself?

Or did a journalist ask him these dumb questions to make a story out of it? :stopitslime: this the shyt yall nikkas dont think about
Relax, it doesn't make a difference. It's broad statement, I'm not impressed. Don't tell me what I don't think about.

200w.gif

Last edited:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
That's not a very catchy nickname.

I woulda said something like "Tech K.O."...you get it?
Because he gets techs, and his initials are K.O.!
Way better than "frugal".