Kelly "frugal" Olynyk

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Think about if you went from your current salary, to $10MM dollars a year, and the new stuff you'd buy with that extra money.

I bet a lot of it is bullshyt. Outside of fam of course.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Think about if you went from your current salary, to $10MM dollars a year, and the new stuff you'd buy with that extra money.

I bet a lot of it is bullshyt. Outside of fam of course.

nicer crib...not necessarily huge..but definitely quality furnishings

great food....

nicer electronics

a tesla automobile

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
nicer crib...not necessarily huge..but definitely quality furnishings

great food....

nicer electronics

a tesla automobile
I would do similar things, no doubt.

But most of that stuff is excess yaknow? *

*I'm a suburban white dude

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Most people who are making huge money stay below the radar withk their money

• The 1st millionaire I ever became friends with drove the same car I did at the time. A freaking 2005 VolksWagen Passat GLX.
    The second person that I'm friends with who's a millionaire, while he owns a Porsche which he rarely drove, drives around in a 2001 Volvo station wagon
  • The CEO of the last company I worked for before this (Tech company with 300+ employees worldwide) drove a 2013 Nissan Maxima while most of his lowest paid employees drove Mercedes, Cadillacs and BMWs. His secretary (or administrative assistant) drove the most expensive car in the building which was a sick ass Benz

Some people understand that it's not about being flashy:manny:

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would do similar things, no doubt.

But most of that stuff is excess yaknow? *

*I'm a suburban white dude
whats the point of becoming a multimillionaire if my life stay the same then?

you don't have to go extreme. Spend some of your hard-earned money to enjoy your life, and save/invest some.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Most people who are making huge money stay below the radar withk their money

• The 1st millionaire I ever became friends with drove the same car I did at the time. A freaking 2005 VolksWagen Passat GLX.
    The second person that I'm friends with who's a millionaire, while he owns a Porsche which he rarely drove, drives around in a 2001 Volvo station wagon
  • The CEO of the last company I worked for before this (Tech company with 300+ employees worldwide) drove a 2013 Nissan Maxima while most of his lowest paid employees drove Mercedes, Cadillacs and BMWs. His secretary (or administrative assistant) drove the most expensive car in the building which was a sick ass Benz

Some people understand that it's not about being flashy:manny:
It's like people always :steviej:at these type of stories like it in some way means that if they keep doing what they are doing it's chance they will be well off

If the 1st millionaire you met was driving brand new Porsche 911 he would still be a millionaire

You can't save your way into being well off

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It's like people always :steviej:at these type of stories like it in some way means that if they keep doing what they are doing it's chance they will be well off

If the 1st millionaire you met was driving brand new Porsche 911 he would still be a millionaire

You can't save your way into being well off
This is not saying he wouldnt. Just saying not all people are into being flashy. I thought i made that clear. It's okay to like nice things and if you get to the point where can afford it then go right ahead. BUt nothing wrong or newsworthy about Olynyk driving cheap cars. SOme people are frugal. In some cases it can sometimes be a cultural thing.

But you have clowns out there that act like if you have money you MUST to some level of stunting or else you are somehow weird or ignorant.

But in the meantime I've seen both sides of the coin.

I know these people that i mentioned before and I also have a homie driving a Porsches and Mercedes but his electricity gets cut off every couple of months for non-payment. Like no lie Doggie was gonna host a superbowl party and had to cancel that shyt because his shyt got cut off. Ive known breh 5 years and i KNOW 4 instances where his shyt was cut off and according to his girlfriend it happens a lot more often than that. He doesnt have nice clothes or own a house or live the baller life. Barely goes out much. But cars are his thing and he feels that driving a Porsche is what makes him feel better about himself.

I also have another homie making good money ($117K) with no kids who doesnt even own a car (so no car note) despite living in cities like Atlanta and Dallas and yet always strapped for cash. What does he spend his cash on? Women, expensive clothes and partying. This is the mofo i told ya'll that story about calling me asking to loan him $2K one mornig and come to find out later what he needed it for was to hit the club scene.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This is not saying he wouldnt. Just saying not all people are into being flashy. I thought i made that clear. It's okay to like nice things and if you get to the point where can afford it then go right ahead. BUt nothing wrong or newsworthy about Olynyk driving cheap cars. SOme people are frugal. In some cases it can sometimes be a cultural thing.

But you have clowns out there that act like if you have money you MUST to some level of stunting or else you are somehow weird or ignorant.

But in the meantime I've seen both sides of the coin.

I know these people that i mentioned before and I also have a homie driving a Porsches and Mercedes but his electricity gets cut off every couple of months for non-payment. Like no lie Doggie was gonna host a superbowl party and had to cancel that shyt because his shyt got cut off. Ive known breh 5 years and i KNOW 4 instances where his shyt was cut off and according to his girlfriend it happens a lot more often than that. He doesnt have nice clothes or own a house or live the baller life. Barely goes out much. But cars are his thing and he feels that driving a Porsche is what makes him feel better about himself.

I also have another homie making good money ($117K) with no kids who doesnt even own a car (so no car note) despite living in cities like Atlanta and Dallas and yet always strapped for cash. What does he spend his cash on? Women, expensive clothes and partying. This is the mofo i told ya'll that story about calling me asking to loan him $2K one mornig and come to find out later what he needed it for was to hit the club scene.
I'm not reading all of that

What's the TL:DR version