Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Um. Wasn't Fields there before Eberflus? Obviously this isn't his style of QB. He's not a running QB. He's a running back. Coaches like to get their own players in. Which is why I believe they move on from Fields.
So isn't it the coach's job to hire assistants that can adapt to the team you have, or are we waiting on Eberflus to develop too?

Fields was there before Eberflus, just like Trubisky was there before Nagy, just like Caleb will be there before whatever coach we hire in 2025 because wasting your first round QB's rookie year on a lame duck coach is dumb as fukk.

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
So isn't it the coach's job to hire assistants that can adapt to the team you have, or are we waiting on Eberflus to develop too?

Fields was there before Eberflus, just like Trubisky was there before Nagy, just like Caleb will be there before whatever coach we hired in 2025 because wasting your first round QB's rookie year on a lame duck coach is dumb as fukk.

Tell me you never played football without telling me. Coaches like to GET PLAYERS THAT FIT THEIR PHILOSOPHY. Of course if a player is a stud, then their isn't a change. Fields isn't a stud.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I can’t even lie, I have no clue. Completely torn

The pro Fields side:

-Fields has earned team and fanbase trust and support. To the point Caleb——who is potentially deficient in people skills——is gonna have an uphill battle winning them over

- Fields plus DJ & MJH is almost a can’t miss. In addition to the #9 pick and the haul they get for the #1 pick

The pro Caleb side:

-Fields still ain’t hit his stride and he’s in year 3. It should have happened by now

-There probably isn’t much difference from Fields-DJ-MJH and Caleb-DJ-Nabors/Odunze at #9. Plus Caleb can probably se ether whole field better and unlock Kmet and Mooney

The tiebreaker imo goes to Caleb its resettling the QB salary. I’d be confident that year 1 Caleb is probably just as good as if not better than year 3/4 Fields. At a substantially less price, for longer. Still have the young ascending defense, still with a boatload of assets, and they will get picks for trading Fields

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My rule taking a QB High in the draft is

A) Have an offensive line already in place
B) Have a solid defense in place

If you're missing either then I'm trading the pick and building those trenches first then secondary.

Once that's done insert your rookie and run the football
Lean on the running game until the QB is comfortable in the system and ready to go in yr 2 or 3

100%. Likely if that team has a good line, they’re not picking that high. But line and D are so important.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
My rule taking a QB High in the draft is

A) Have an offensive line already in place
B) Have a solid defense in place

If you're missing either then I'm trading the pick and building those trenches first then secondary.

Once that's done insert your rookie and run the football
Lean on the running game until the QB is comfortable in the system and ready to go in yr 2 or 3

What year did you type this :heh:

Fans/media are doing too much treating all QB prospects the same. They are not

The Texans didn’t have a defense or run game, Stroud is just him

Joe burrow got murdered behind that o-line his first few years. Didnt matter, he’s just him. Then they double down again against conventional wisdom and took Chase.

The commanders took your advice and took Chase young ——built up those trenches :obama: (plus Sweat, Payne, Allen, perhaps the greatest trench buildup in history) ——instead of taking Juston Herbert and Tua and we are suffering bc of it

You take the QB. Everything else can be figured out in a draft/offseason or two

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Joe burrow got murdered behind that o-line his first few years. Didnt matter, he’s just him. Then they double down again against conventional wisdom and took Chase.

The commanders took your advice and took Chase young ——built up those trenches :obama: (plus Sweat, Payne, Allen, perhaps the greatest trench buildup in history) ——instead of taking Juston Herbert and Tua and we are suffering bc of it

Yeah, we've seen time and time again too many very well built teams fall short because they don't have the quarterback or never find the quarterback to lead the team.

Eventually the team blows up or falls apart as key players go elsewhere. When you got your quarterback in front of you, you should take them then and there. "A bird in hand is worth two in the bushes."

Only one team wins it each year and most of those teams have an elite QB or one that balled out like they were an elite QB (Flacco 11 TD's 0 INT's) for a postseason.

Additionally so many play-of games come down to a coach trying to manage time so that their elite QB gets the ball last with heroics on the line in a close 4th quarter. When you don't have that kind of QB or a liable QB then you can't match that game. A few coaches used to say that to Philip Rivers: keep the game close and he'll most likely make a mistake towards the end.

Last edited:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps

A QB who needs everything around him to be perfect isn’t HIM.

Burrow
Stroud
Herbert

They all proved this recently

Braman

Superstar
Daps
A QB who needs everything around him to be perfect isn’t HIM.

Burrow
Stroud
Herbert

They all proved this recently

Are you high?!?

Tank Dell is a 5’8 rookie 3rd rounder—-that Stroud himself had them draft….who the gets hurt but stroud still wins out to make playoffs

Nico Collins is a 3rd rounder who was a season away from being Leqoun Tredwell status.

Dameon Pierce a jag. Devin singletary a cast off on a $1M deal. Da hell you mean ‘perfect’. They are a bottom 10 team talent wise. And that’s conservative. If the Texans went 4-13 no one would have blinked an eye. Stroud is one of best modern examples of NOT needing ‘perfection’ and just being special

And rookie Joe Burrow—-before Chase—-was well on his way, we knew he was it. Even while Cincy had a terrible o-line, mid roster, and went 2-7. Stop it

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Are you high?!?

Tank Dell is a 5’8 rookie 3rd rounder—-that Stroud himself had them draft….who the gets hurt but stroud still wins out to make playoffs

Nico Collins is a 3rd rounder who was a season away from being Leqoun Tredwell status.

Dameon Pierce a jag. Devin singletary a cast off on a $1M deal. Da hell you mean ‘perfect’. They are a bottom 10 team talent wise. And that’s conservative. If the Texans went 4-13 no one would have blinked an eye. Stroud is one of best modern examples of NOT needing ‘perfection’ and just being special

And rookie Joe Burrow—-before Chase—-was well on his way, we knew he was it. Even while Cincy had a terrible o-line, mid roster, and went 2-7. Stop it
its funny how people act like texans have these amazing weapons and an amazing playcaller AFTER Stroud blew up.

you wont find these same people say this about texans BEFORE this season.

most pundits had texans situation as a terrible situation for a QB to be in, lol

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Are you high?!?

Are you remedial or on drugs? I’m literally agreeing with your comment, hence why I dapped your post.

READ before commenting next time. Christ

Burrow, Herbert and Stroud didnt need everything to be perfect in order to ball out

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
its funny how people act like texans have these amazing weapons and an amazing playcaller AFTER Stroud blew up.

you wont find these same people say this about texans BEFORE this season.

most pundits had texans situation as a terrible situation for a QB to be in, lol
You nikkas are slow, my god lmao. I’m literally saying Stroud is HIM because he didn’t need everything to be perfect