Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The OC and the rest of the offensive staff being fired smells like Fields is returning next season.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
My rule taking a QB High in the draft is

A) Have an offensive line already in place
B) Have a solid defense in place

If you're missing either then I'm trading the pick and building those trenches first then secondary.

Once that's done insert your rookie and run the football
Lean on the running game until the QB is comfortable in the system and ready to go in yr 2 or 3

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

I think it's a fair assessment.

Especially during the film breakdown, watch how many times dude hits his 3rd read, in his worst game.

These dudes don't understand how bad this USC team was this year, O-line and D-Line were not Top 25 Caliber. The only QB that outplayed him Head 2 Head in 2 years was Sam Hartman, and that's cause he imploded that game

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
These dudes don't understand how bad this USC team was this year, O-line and D-Line were not Top 25 Caliber. The only QB that outplayed him Head 2 Head in 2 years was Sam Hartman, and that's cause he imploded that game
Yeah it's definitely a funny narrative like this dude was seeing teams on equal ground. Far from it, but Caleb gave them a fight every time.

Then you hear the "Caleb doesn't ball out against top 25 teams!"
Meanwhile:

3 of those INT's were also from a single game.

Plus people are putting a lot of weight on five games. That's not statistically the best barometer.

Last edited:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Yeah it's definitely a funny narrative. Like "Caleb doesn't ball out against top 25 teams!"
Meanwhile:

Plus people are putting a lot of weight on five games. That's not statistically the best barometer.

Lit up better ND and Utah defense's last year :russ:

Now he still needs to improve and take what's given at times, we saw it with Miller Moss in the bowl. Sometimes you just need to keep the sticks moving. But at the same time he was walking in every game knowing he needed to put 50 on the board to win :dead:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
The team is trash as in most of the players. Bears been trash for years. You need continuity.

Why fire a coach that improved? Makes no sense. They got a running back as a QB. Once they get a QB they will be good.

Just about any QB would have been running for their lives behind that offensive line in what was a broken scheme.

The Bears should be GRATEFUL they have a running back as a QB who can escape some of that shyt and make something from nothing, despite his limits as a passer.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
I tried to tell yal boy @Silkk that usc wasn’t that talent this season and Washington and Oregon had more talent

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
So you keep the guy that hires assistants/coaches that are unable to develop and adapt?

Um. Wasn't Fields there before Eberflus? Obviously this isn't his style of QB. He's not a running QB. He's a running back. Coaches like to get their own players in. Which is why I believe they move on from Fields.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Just about any QB would have been running for their lives behind that offensive line in what was a broken scheme.

The Bears should be GRATEFUL they have a running back as a QB who can escape some of that shyt and make something from nothing, despite his limits as a passer.
Ok. They will fix the line. You still have a running back that can't read defenses. :dahell: