Keep eating them Chitterlings brehs

invalid

Banned
Daps
That article you posted is one woman spitting historical inaccuracies with no backing facts just like you.

She’s in Maryland, she probably got the same pamphlet.

The last paragraph even further confirms what we’ve all been trying to tell some of y’all this whole time.

It wasn’t slave food, its a food that was enjoyed by black, white, rich and poor in the South and in different variations all over the world.

I’ve done a little research years ago on plantation society and remember that most of what we consider “soul food” today the slaves were not even eating back then. I agree, I don’t recall seeing chitlins as being consumed with any regularlity among most slaves. And for those that did eat them, it probably depended on the region.

The slave diet consisted mainly of some combination of corn meal or corn mesh, salt pork, and molasses. And even this may have varied by location.

I think it’s inaccurate to say, though, that slaves from Texas were eating the same things that the slaves from Maryland were eating.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
My mom used to cook oxtails when I was younger. Never ate them.

Went to my parents' and decided to try some. I was missin' out:wow:

Then I realized that oxtails ain't necessarily cheap when I went to buy some out the store.

Well worth it though

They ain’t cheap at all :francis:

Especially when you get them from the Carribean spot.

They hit you in the head for that good curry goat and oxtails. :sadcam:

Usually the two most expensive things on the menu.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
They ain’t cheap at all :francis:

Especially when you get them from the Carribean spot.

They hit you in the head for that good curry goat and oxtails. :sadcam:

Usually the two most expensive things on the menu.
My homeboy gets em from a jerk shack in Chicago. He be postin' pics of it of Facebook and man:wow:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I’ve done a little research years ago on plantation society and remember that most of what we consider “soul food” today the slaves were not even eating back then. I agree, I don’t recall seeing chitlins as being consumed with any regularlity among most slaves. And for those that did eat them, it probably depended on the region.

The slave diet consisted mainly of some combination of corn meal or corn mesh, salt pork, and molasses. And even this may have varied by location.

I think it’s inaccurate to say, though, that slaves from Texas were eating the same things that the slaves from Maryland were eating.

Exactly.

Most of the things some folks consider slave food was festive food that all Southerners ate at holidays and festivals, including chitterlings.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
My homeboy gets em from a jerk shack in Chicago. He be postin' pics of it of Facebook and man:wow:

11707488_854790477944860_2171334842295678705_n.jpg

:noah:

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Years ago I woke up at my aunt and uncle’s house and it smelled like someone took a shyt in the living room. My aunt said I made chittlins for you.

:gucci::scust:

I told her I don’t eat that. Then she tried to guilt me into eating it. I said nah. I don’t eat pig guts. She was hurt, but fukk that.

One of the last times I visited my step-mom she cooked pigs feet.

:hhh:

I don’t know why. Growing up, she never made that garbage. I’m guessing her new husband eats that crap.

:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny: