We should be eating grasshoppers

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
"We should be eating grasshoppers"

There are many other options out here......and I don't see a shortage of food looming.

I'm food.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Americans think anything they are not familiar with is bad :dead:

We grew up on grasshoppers. They are delicious and have a very unique taste.

One my favourite things to do as a kid was to go grasshopper hunting. When you know your mom will cook the traditional dish you dislike, you just call your mates, some girls and go to the countryside for some fun grasshopper fetching. Chasing one in open grass and catching it brings so much joy. Then you go home, you clip their wings and fry them with some oil and salt. That's all you need. You gon' eat the heaviest meal that day(they go well with hard porridge).

It's not just Americans who don't like the thought of eating bugs. Ask most people in first world countries ie Germany, UK, Japan etc if the thought of eating grasshopper is appetizing and they would tell you hell no.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's not just Americans who don't like the thought of eating bugs. Ask most people in first world countries ie Germany, UK, Japan etc if the thought of eating grasshopper is appetizing and they would tell you hell no.

But they eat lobster and snail

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But they eat lobster and snail

It's something they are used to. And most people don't eat snails in general. To most people snails is already a bridge too far. To go from eating mostly meat from cows and chicken to bugs that crawl on your wall is a bridge too far for a lot of people in the west. They don't have to eat it to survive so they don't.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Motherfukker got married now he eating grasshoppers :gucci:
He married to Anya Taylor-Joy

chameleon-eats-grasshopper.gif

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
It's not special though every woman does it here :heh:
:skip: I was being funny but you're speaking to a largely American audience and you know what the hell you was doing.

Brehs: Yall happy to eat a plate of *checks notes* grasshoppers and onions if a thick, traditional African chick is serving... on her knees? :comeon:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
First pluck off grasshoppers' wings and legs, and then fry in their own oil with onion, chili, or other spices.

My wife air fryed and added onions :banderas:

Wife? :wtf:

Did I miss a couple episodes? You married that woman you posted in the past?

Another question are they gooey in the middle when you bite them? :scusthov:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Americans think anything they are not familiar with is bad :dead:

We grew up on grasshoppers. They are delicious and have a very unique taste.

One my favourite things to do as a kid was to go grasshopper hunting. When you know your mom will cook the traditional dish you dislike, you just call your mates, some girls and go to the countryside for some fun grasshopper fetching. Chasing one in open grass and catching it brings so much joy. Then you go home, you clip their wings and fry them with some oil and salt. That's all you need. You gon' eat the heaviest meal that day(they go well with hard porridge).
This sounds trash, and wtf is hard porridge :scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wife? :wtf:

Did I miss a couple episodes? You married that woman you posted in the past?

Another question are they gooey in the middle when you bite them? :scusthov:

Nah not gooey they taste great

And yup im married now

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
I first tried lobster in my late 20’s. That shyt is just not appealing to me no matter how a luxurious delicacy they say it is. Don’t even fukk with shrimp like that either tbh. I can’t get “bugs of the ocean” out of my mind when it comes to seafood :scusthov:
If grasshoppers taste like crab legs ill fukk some grasshopper meat up(edit :dame:)!Have me like

john-witherspoon.gif