• WWE

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I think that is a clear false narrative in wrestling though.
No it's true. RVD said this on an interview sometime ago when he was with IMPACT and the tweets for Punks first match at MSG when the crowd chanted "you still got it".

AEW stans stay having their heads up their asses, but WWE stans stay on that Fox News tip where it's "anything not from us, by us fcck em"

*note* I wasn't speaking of casual fans for that first paragraph.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I never said they wouldn't and I never intended Cody or AJ to be on my list because I was only referring to the Japanese born talent that actually went through NXT. If I did I would have added them.
I didn't read the other posts from you, but I was referring more to talent who have never stepped foot in a WWE ring and saying that if they are deemed good enough they need to forgo NXT and go straight to the main roster.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I didn't read the other posts from you, but I was referring more to talent who have never stepped foot in a WWE ring and saying that if they are deemed good enough they need to forgo NXT and go straight to the main roster.
My initial point was there was precedent for the Japanese born stars signed by WWE to go to NXT first. So Okada going to NXT first, even if for a short time, is not out of the realm of possibility because it's basically all they've done since they started signing all these Japanese stars.

I'll gladly take the L if he shows up on main first. I'm not saying it can't happen. I'm just going off past events. But arguably he would be the biggest Japanese born star they have ever signed so he clearly can be rushed straight to main.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Let’s be honest here the only reason Okada would be on NXT is for an incentive for us hardcore fans to tune into the CW :russ:

The fact everyone keeps saying if he did go to NXT it would be a short stint is funny, then why put him there in the first place

They could easily train him personally at the pc center— it’s not an inexperienced wrestler like Jade

This is one of the greatest to ever do it

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
So you are saying people were going to have no idea who Cody was before his return at WM 38? Main roster fans clearly had no idea who KENTA was since he was CDQ each time he was on 205 Live, I know I watched it. Only NXT fans cared and we all know they are not the main roster audience.

I said the only person afraid of people not knowing AJ was AJ himself, he has said this plenty of times. And AJ isn't Japanese, he started in the US first and is American. People were going to know AJ. I never said they wouldn't.

My first list was people of Japanese descent, not people who worked in Japan. I never meant AJ or Cody, since obviously they never went through NXT. You misunderstood everything from the beginning.
1. 205 Live Fuccking Sucked. Nobody was over on that bullshyt show.

2. That is a lie. That was a narrative not only on here but also across the entire internet.

3. I did not. I just gave you MY opinion of how I thought there was runs have been.

Silkk

Daps
No it's true. RVD said this on an interview sometime ago when he was with IMPACT and the tweets for Punks first match at MSG when the crowd chanted "you still got it".

AEW stans stay having their heads up their asses, but WWE stans stay on that Fox News tip where it's "anything not from us, by us fcck em"

*note* I wasn't speaking of casual fans for that first paragraph.
Are you saying nobody knew he was in AEW because of that?

I just saw somebody in AEW getting that same reaction, Want to say it was Edge. They chant that shyt for anybody over 40 in all companies.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
The whole "nobody knows who so and so is" always makes me chuckle a bit. WWE has more smarks than people like to give them credit for. Yes alot of people won't know who Okada is, but there will be people that do.

I've heard people say that if Okada come out in the Rumble nobody would know who he was. Like do y'all realize the Rumble has always been a smarky event :dahell:

For example, Taz actually debuted at the Rumble 24 years ago to date. A guy that wrestled for the #3 company at the time (that most casuals were not watching).

I think if Okada were to debut at the right event, he'll get a pop. Just depends when and where :manny:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Are you saying nobody knew he was in AEW because of that?

I just saw somebody in AEW getting that same reaction, Want to say it was Edge. They chant that shyt for anybody over 40 in all companies.
Not when the person they chanted that to was already wrestling for the past couple of years.

In regards to the first half of your post, yes the casual fan who doesn't hear about the dirt sheets or follow any other promotion. But the other half of fans who attended know about the past several years and months of Punk in AEW

Silkk

Daps
Not when the person they chanted that to was already wrestling for the past couple of years.

In regards to the first half of your post, yes the casual fan who doesn't hear about the dirt sheets or follow any other promotion.
I just said Edge got the same chant coming off WWE TV :dahell:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
The whole "nobody knows who so and so is" always makes me chuckle a bit. WWE has more smarks than people like to give them credit for. Yes alot of people won't know who Okada is, but there will be people that do.

I've heard people say that if Okada come out in the Rumble nobody would know who he was. Like do y'all realize the Rumble has always been a smarky event :dahell:

For example, Taz actually debuted at the Rumble 24 years ago to date. A guy that wrestled for the #3 company at the time (that most casuals were not watching).

I think if Okada were to debut at the right event, he'll get a pop. Just depends when and where :manny:
And that's the thing, debuting these guys in and on some random ass Raw and Smackdown isn't gonna do it, you need to do it on any of the big 4 or the Raw amd Smackdown after the big 4.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Let’s be honest here the only reason Okada would be on NXT is for an incentive for us hardcore fans to tune into the CW :russ:

The fact everyone keeps saying if he did go to NXT it would be a short stint is funny, then why put him there in the first place

They could easily train him personally at the pc center— it’s not an inexperienced wrestler like Jade

This is one of the greatest to ever do it
Dude wrestled in and kinds of US and Mexico promotions too. This isn't some indy Joe that only appeared on AEW shows.