• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WWE ain’t slick. If Okada debuts in NXT it’s not just to assimilate him into WWE’s way and culture. They using dude for ratings when they hit CW in the Fall. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone
That why they never work they just need him to be like Asuka and let him be who he is and put him in an englsh faction.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Every big Japanese talent they signed went through NXT, just saying. :hubie:

Asuka, KENTA, Nakamura, Kairi, IYO, Meiko, Sarray, Kushida

You want to get them used to the WWE style, he can't do that if he is on the road right from the start. A stint in NXT could help him get there, much like Dragon Lee.
1. A+
2. Flop
3. Solid B
4. Ehhhh but people like her.
5. Same
6. No idea who the fukk that is
7. No idea who the fukk that is
8. F - Frog Face Overrated Bum

Okada is too good to be in "this" NXT and is in the latter part of his career.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
1. A+
2. Flop
3. Solid B
5. Same

It's not about that it's about him getting used to WWE. Honestly I wouldn't want him to go to WWE but it's w/e he wants. If he wants to go to NXT first then so be it. If he doesn't then so be it. We have no choice in this matter. All we can do is watch.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
NXT isn't just for development, getting deprogrammed into WWE's style, or w.e. else is in here. International talent gets to adjust to America/American audiences, being on the main roster probably wouldn't give enough structured time to learn enough English, I'm sure a whole bunch of other shyt we don't know about that smooths the transition.
Yup, this is exactly my point for what I posted above.

Silkk

Daps
NXT isn't just for development, getting deprogrammed into WWE's style, or w.e. else is in here. International talent gets to adjust to America/American audiences, being on the main roster probably wouldn't give enough structured time to learn enough English, I'm sure a whole bunch of other shyt we don't know about that smooths the transition.
Okada has been wrestling in the US for like 10 years though

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
1. A+
2. Flop
3. Solid B
5. Same

So by making this are you saying if they went right to the main roster than it wouldn't have worked out the same? Just curious.

Silkk

Daps
So by making this are you saying if they went right to the main roster than it wouldn't have worked out the same? Just curious.
Nah just grading the signings

Silkk

Daps
Not really for TV though. Has just less than 10 US tv matches since leaving TNA in 2011. And all but two of those matches were with ROH.

That ROH live audience is a different beast than that WWE TV audience.
That’s completely untrue though :dahell:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Nah just grading the signings
OK fair. He could go straight to main and be a flop as well. It just depends. Everyone is different. I do think he would benefit by going to NXT first because I feel the American audience, especially a WWE audience will not know him as well as people think they will.

If he does go to WWE, I don't think you keep it as a surprise. If they do rush him straight to main, they need to let everyone know who he is and they need to make him their biggest signing from Japan ever, which he would be.

Silkk

Daps
OK fair. He could go straight to main and be a flop as well. It just depends. Everyone is different. I do think he would benefit by going to NXT first because I feel the American audience, especially a WWE audience will not know him as well as people think they will.

If he does go to WWE, I don't think you keep it as a surprise. If they do rush him straight to main, they need to let everyone know who he is and they need to make him their biggest signing from Japan ever, which he would be.
I don't know how many times people have to be proven wrong about this before the narrative stops. People said the same about Nakamura, AJ, Jade, Kenta, etc. Some people even said that foolishness about Cody.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I don't know how many times people have to be proven wrong about this before the narrative stops. People said the same about Nakamura, AJ, Jade, Kenta, etc. Some people even said that foolishness about Cody.
Cody was in WWE for years and was established before so why anyone would not know is ludicrous. KENTA was on 205 Live and no one cared so he is a perfect example.

They made a big thing about Jade signing which is the right thing to do, so that's what they should do with Okada if he end up there, regardless if he starts in NXT or not. I don't think Nakamura would have been received as well if he wasn't showcased in NXT like he was.

AJ made a name for himself in TNA for years as well. The only reason I feel he didn't go to NXT was because he knew how American TV wrestling was done, since he did it for so long in TNA. He was the only one that doubted himself, thinking no one would know him.

There will be plenty of people who have no idea who Okada is, but WWE is smart, they will let people know before they put him on TV.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Okada going through NXT would probably have more to do with not immediately going on the house show loop after moving to the US. Doing what Dragon Lee did would allow him & probably more importantly his wife to get settled in before he starts touring on the main roster schedule.