Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Could start with election fraud and conspiracy to commit treason.

These are talking points the Dems use. Not actual crimes that have been proven the Republicans committed. Real shyt not conspiracy theories. Otherwise, to me as a voter that don't play team politics, it's just talking points. No different than when the right where yelling lock her up when Hillary was running:yeshrug: .

BTW, wtf is Grassley yelling about?:gucci:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We need term limits. This reminds of a photo I saw where, I think, it was the Chinese trade council sitting down with US trade folks and the Chinese were all young men and women and the US side had everyone looking at 60 yrs old. This country is trash. Let me see if I can find the picture.

I can only make out one "elected" official in this photo and he has term limits but I take your meaning.

Edit: actually I thought I saw Trump but it was two heads at odd angels and a third person's hair

:gucci:

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
At the risk of sounding like Comey Jr in here, you can't place this at the hands of the FBI, a week to conduct an investigation on allegations and incidents that occurred three decades ago? It was never about whether they were 100% true, it is simply about there is so much that points to his character being extremely flawed. The real issue is the "culture war" aspect, ie. if old Bart is guilty and wrong, every Senator or almost everyone is wrong and guilty too. Political calculations aside, that is the main issue. If it were drug trafficking or sex trafficking he was accused of, it would be much different.

I can't call how it plays, if I was betting money, I'd say he gets confirmed. There is no one with any real integrity of the Republican side. No one. The real sick part is not who would vote NO, but how that they almost all are voting YES.

And, regarding FBI investigations into sexual assault, they almost never happen, in a case like this. If you have widespread sexual assaults and rapes, across state lines, or in instances like the Nassar case, yes, but a woman who was pinned to a bed, would never be handled by the FBI. There is no federal law being violated, only in fairly unique circumstances.

All this shyt is Comey’s fault it’s way we here now with that stunt he pulled

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
100% we need term limits, and serious sanctions on age. I don't want policy being almost exclusively decided by white men in their 70's. After 65, you are out of here.

Yeah, imagine trying to get the GOP base to denounce gambling in the era of Trump....."I mean what kinda REAL MAN hasn't played some stud over a few beers"?

Anyway, this was never a partisan attack. I sincerely believe that. That is a false narrative the R's are spinning. Get another right wing loon, but not one accused of credible sexual assault.
The interesting thing is that at the state level, many supreme court justices MUST retire at the age of 70.
Most states require judges to step down after 70 | National Center for State Courts

In addition to packing the court FDR wanted to impose age restrictions too.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
At the risk of sounding like Comey Jr in here, you can't place this at the hands of the FBI, a week to conduct an investigation on allegations and incidents that occurred three decades ago? It was never about whether they were 100% true, it is simply about there is so much that points to his character being extremely flawed. The real issue is the "culture war" aspect, ie. if old Bart is guilty and wrong, every Senator or almost everyone is wrong and guilty too. Political calculations aside, that is the main issue. If it were drug trafficking or sex trafficking he was accused of, it would be much different.

I can't call how it plays, if I was betting money, I'd say he gets confirmed. There is no one with any real integrity of the Republican side. No one. The real sick part is not who would vote NO, but how that they almost all are voting YES.

And, regarding FBI investigations into sexual assault, they almost never happen, in a case like this. If you have widespread sexual assaults and rapes, across state lines, or in instances like the Nassar case, yes, but a woman who was pinned to a bed, would never be handled by the FBI. There is no federal law being violated, only in fairly unique circumstances.

They're about to confirm someone who completely misrepresented himself under oath. If Flake/Murkowski/Collins have a backbone, they would at the very least talk about this and not whether these allegations are false or not. Put it out there.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Well, that is where the "culture war" aspect comes in....for lack of a better word. It's been the way of many of those men, (and the women who excuse them) esp. the Republicans, it is acceptable to act like sex crazed maniac in your youth, and gradually grow into the "family man", family values American. It is a fundamental shot at the entire structure to condemn the behavior of Brett Kavavaugh. Of course, he did all those things, and would of course have to be "less than forthcoming" about it, it is all part of the value system they subscribe to.

If Brett is guilty, they are all. Chuck Grassley? John McCain? We think these men weren't carousing and pulling the same behavior when they were kids? Privileged men basking in that privilege.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100% we need term limits, and serious sanctions on age. I don't want policy being almost exclusively decided by white men in their 70's. After 65, you are out of here.

Yeah, imagine trying to get the GOP base to denounce gambling in the era of Trump....."I mean what kinda REAL MAN hasn't played some stud over a few beers"?

Anyway, this was never a partisan attack.
I sincerely believe that. That is a false narrative the R's are spinning. Get another right wing loon, but not one accused of credible sexual assault.
yes it is :yeshrug: it's just one we support. dont kid yourself :heh:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This man has lied about everything. It's not like we can't say, well we wouldn't know what Republicans would do if the situation was reversed, because we do. They blocked Obama from appointing a Supreme Court Justice. Remember what happened with Bill Clinton? And for the record, Bart O'Kavanaugh wrote all the sordid details in the Ken Starr report, which might as well have been erotica. I have no doubt that the Republicans will confirm him though. They're too afraid of their base to not do so for one. On top of them being concerned with their political and out of office futures. On top of, they really just don't give a shyt.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I can only make out one "elected" official in this photo and he has term limits but I take your meaning.

Edit: actually I thought I saw Trump but it was two heads at odd angels and a third person's hair

:gucci:

Even more embarrassing, who are these mofos then?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Sexual assault is worse than gambling. :manny:

They couldn't prove he did it though. Those financial and gambling issues could be proven. The Dems took a chance with the Ford allegations based upon the social climate and they still might lose this battle. If Ginsburg or Breyer dies expect a female, ultra conservative robot to be the next nominee. The GOP will not forget what happened.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Well, that is where the "culture war" aspect comes in....for lack of a better word. It's been the way of many of those men, (and the women who excuse them) esp. the Republicans, it is acceptable to act like sex crazed maniac in your youth, and gradually grow into the "family man", family values American. It is a fundamental shot at the entire structure to condemn the behavior of Brett Kavavaugh. Of course, he did all those things, and would of course have to be "less than forthcoming" about it, it is all part of the value system they subscribe to.

If Brett is guilty, they are all. Chuck Grassley? John McCain? We think these men weren't carousing and pulling the same behavior when they were kids? Privileged men basking in that privilege.
this is straight up FACTS. especially the way white people are expected to behave in this country, its considered normal to be borderline predatory and then to "grow into" a conservative family values type.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
One thing the Dems, the media and women get wrong is trying to shame and slander men for not jumping all in on these decades old allegations. When you call men rapists, enablers of rape culture, try to shut them out of the conversation because they aren't quick to condemn someone with no evidence you're putting them in a position where they may feel sympathetic towards Kavanaugh and what he's going through. It's very telling that it's not the sexual assault allegations that cast him in the worst light but his testimony being partisan and unbecoming of a nominee.