Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
At the risk of sounding like Comey Jr in here, you can't place this at the hands of the FBI, a week to conduct an investigation on allegations and incidents that occurred three decades ago? It was never about whether they were 100% true, it is simply about there is so much that points to his character being extremely flawed. The real issue is the "culture war" aspect, ie. if old Bart is guilty and wrong, every Senator or almost everyone is wrong and guilty too. Political calculations aside, that is the main issue. If it were drug trafficking or sex trafficking he was accused of, it would be much different.

I can't call how it plays, if I was betting money, I'd say he gets confirmed. There is no one with any real integrity of the Republican side. No one. The real sick part is not who would vote NO, but how that they almost all are voting YES.

And, regarding FBI investigations into sexual assault, they almost never happen, in a case like this. If you have widespread sexual assaults and rapes, across state lines, or in instances like the Nassar case, yes, but a woman who was pinned to a bed, would never be handled by the FBI. There is no federal law being violated, only in fairly unique circumstances.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
We need term limits. This reminds of a photo I saw where, I think, it was the Chinese trade council sitting down with US trade folks and the Chinese were all young men and women and the US side had everyone looking at 60 yrs old. This country is trash. Let me see if I can find the picture.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Meh the democrats had a issue that the GOP ( especially turtle face )doesn’t give a fukk about civility or decorum or bipartisanship it normal processes . They will lie threaten obstruct whatever they need to do to keep power as a lot of the things they support goes against the best interests of their constituents. While the democratic leadership isn’t fighting back especially Schumer ( pelosi tries but she has the Hilary unlikeability factor ) and I don’t get why . Graham was out and out threatening them and Schumer is like :yeshrug: the ones who do fight are dismissed with the ohh they are potential 2020 candidates so that’s why they are fighting
I agree. Democratic leadership should have taken a scorched earth obstructionist approach. :ehh:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
100% we need term limits, and serious sanctions on age. I don't want policy being almost exclusively decided by white men in their 70's. After 65, you are out of here.

Yeah, imagine trying to get the GOP base to denounce gambling in the era of Trump....."I mean what kinda REAL MAN hasn't played some stud over a few beers"?

Anyway, this was never a partisan attack. I sincerely believe that. That is a false narrative the R's are spinning. Get another right wing loon, but not one accused of credible sexual assault.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
We need term limits. This reminds of a photo I saw where, I think, it was the Chinese trade council sitting down with US trade folks and the Chinese were all young men and women and the US side had everyone looking at 60 yrs old. This country is trash. Let me see if I can find the picture.

One of the reason as to why this country is declining rapidly